Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
CamaroDIYking

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Front Bowie and SS emblem removal

I keep trying to take of the front Bowie and SS emblem but I feel like if I pull too hard I will break them. Any tips or info on how to take them off? It would be greatly appreciated.

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Exterior lights- tinted tail lights and sidemarker lights.
Wheels- powdercoated stock RS 20' wheels black
Exhaust- Cat-back Dynomax Bullet Exhaust system with bullet muffler delete.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
CamaroDIYking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
You have to open the hood and remove the access panel. It is over the radiator. There should be enough room to get your hand and arm behind the grille. There is 2 plastic push pins you push in and push the bow-tie out or from the front pull the bow-tie out. Sometimes it's easier with 2 people doing it. That's what my son and I did when i installed my bow-tie delete.
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
There is no reason to remove any parts to remove the bowtie or the emblem.

For the bowtie the trick is to start on one side, once you get one side started it's real easy. Don't bother with trying to pull off both side at once, it's too hard.

For the SS emblem, a small screw driver of trim removal tool works great. Just sick it on the side an pull the emblem. The backing is stronger than you think, so don't be scared to tug. You will most likely drop the back piece (i did), so it's good to have something like this so you can fish it out through the hood latch:

I just did this last week, and that how I did it.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
you have a heritage grill? remove the panel that supports the hood latch the front bumper will flex as you slide it out towards the engine to clear the latch by warping the front bumper/frontend then you can get your hand in...did this to install my retro ss badges....If you do not have the heritage grill they make pieces to patch where the bowtie was in the grill as it is missing the structure to look right.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
CamaroDIYking

I've taken off the hood latch piece but when I try to unlatch the push pins they don't move. That's the only problems I have with it.

And for the SS emblem, I just use a flathead and pry it off? What do you mean a piece will fall off? What piece is that?

Lighting- LED footwell, grille, trunk, and engine lights done via DIY. LED dome, DRL, and tag lights.
Paint- Painted engine cover, steering wheel bezel, speedometer bezel, front bowtie, tail light bezels, wheel center caps.
Misc- rear blackout kit from Big Worm Graphix, black side Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros, and rear Camaro lettering from Emblem Pros.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
CamaroDIYking

I still can't figure it out

Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #7
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
man all you have to do is twist while your pulling..... My girlfriend actually took off my front bowtie while I was busy with the hairdryer taking off my rear badging. It wont break anything just. She simply twisted and pulled like explained on this thread a million times.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #8
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDIYking View Post
And for the SS emblem, I just use a flathead and pry it off? What do you mean a piece will fall off? What piece is that?
There is an additional piece holding the SS emblem into the grill. It will either fall to the ground or it will sit there in the grill for you to retrieve.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
CamaroDIYking

Thanks man. I'll try sometime tomorrow

Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #10
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
man all you have to do is twist while your pulling..... My girlfriend actually took off my front bowtie while I was busy with the hairdryer taking off my rear badging. It wont break anything just. She simply twisted and pulled like explained on this thread a million times.
That's what did, works like a charm.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
CamaroDIYking

Twist which way?

Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgome1 View Post
There is an additional piece holding the SS emblem into the grill. It will either fall to the ground or it will sit there in the grill for you to retrieve.
I can just about guarantee it will NOT fall to the ground.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDIYking View Post
I've taken off the hood latch piece but when I try to unlatch the push pins they don't move. That's the only problems I have with it.
Since you've gone that far, you may as well just use a small flat blade screwdriver and remove the two screws that hold the backplate to the bowtie. Then, holding the bowtie mount in your hands, you will be able to see the tabs and how to remove the bowtie. Just my 2 cents.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Since you've gone that far, you may as well just use a small flat blade screwdriver and remove the two screws that hold the backplate to the bowtie. Then, holding the bowtie mount in your hands, you will be able to see the tabs and how to remove the bowtie. Just my 2 cents.
Screws, what screws?

Tags
bowtie, bowtie removal, customized, emblem, painted bowtie