Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 01-23-2010, 01:15 AM   #15
huskerwr38

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Oh yea, so I forgot to share my story about Carr. So originally we bought the LS in black with an automatic transmission, but they had to go to Seattle to get it. But the next day we found out that car in Seattle was already sold. So then, they had one of their lot attendants drive down to Medford to get another car. They drove it all the way back and it turned out to be an LT with a manual transmission. So then they were like, we do not have any LS's in black with auto in our area.....you're going to have to get an LT. We got the LT, and again, they had to drive it down from Seattle.

Their screw ups really deflated the whole experience of buying a new Camaro.
huskerwr38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #16
tjwong

Drives: 2007 C6 Z06
Well they got a Corvette ZR1 there that there is a 40k market adjustment mark up addition on the sticker price. When the Z06s were first out they were getting nearly 98k for them. You can get a ZR1 at or below MSRP from other dealers now. I personally wouldn't buy anything from them.
tjwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I think one of our cars come from there, but we didnt buy it lol.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
Geneman
SS lover

Drives: 1991 Camaro Z28;2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38 View Post
I got a black LT. I live out in Beaverton, around 185th and Baseline.

BTW, what was the name of the desk manager that changed the deal?
Was that you on river road this morning?
Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #19
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I've not heard good things about them. I went to Curt Warner. I was treated very well. I bought it about a month ago. They closed up this week. I took all my fleet vechicals there. Now it is owned by Allen Webb. I hope they are honest.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
Allen@TC

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_ADAM View Post
While this may be obvious to many I thought I would post up my recent experience!

Such a crappy dealer! Had mixed experience with them before (bought a truck and Suburban previously) but they had what I felt was the right car for me.

We agreed on the price of MSRP - $500 60 day waiver. In WRITING! Then as I was making out the check the desk manager changed the price to $500 OVER MSRP! While not a rip off price, they should have honored the original deal. I mean how stupid!

this is after the salesperson drove me home to get my checkbook, wife had left with the kids, etc. So I made the salesperson drive me home! What a quiet ride home that was!

So again avoid CARR Chevy! They never cease to amaze me on ways they screw clients over!

TO BE CLEAR I DID NOT BUY THE CAR! F-M!
Sorry to here they pulled that on you. I'm always glad that I don't see stuff like this on here about where I work. I'm glad I'm a parts guy and not a car salesman.
Allen@TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
Maverickhpr

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2LT RS
I got mine from there and that is the last time I will buy a car from them they were the only ones with a synergy green and they were not willing to trade for it with another dealer so I went there and found out they wanted 5900 over msrp I was like screw this I don't need green and magically the 5900 upcharge was gone funny how that happened but after everything was finallized I was like cya I will never be back ill go elsewhere for any work that needs done
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
Geneman
SS lover

I guess I should share my painful experience with CARR also. We bought out 07 Impala SS there, and never got a warm fuzzy. First time we tried to cash in on the "interior protection" scam, it was crap. (1st time buyer). I have been back there MANY time with TPM system screwing up and they blame it on Costco, and bandaid it but never fix the issue. We bought out Camaro at Bruce Chevy (which is no longer a Chevy dealer sadly) and had no issues what so ever with them. We loved them. Chevy canned them tho. I guess they didn't sell the volume that was enough to keep them a dealer, sad that the ones that RIP you OFF are the ones that are kept as dealers. No focus on customer satisfaction, only on bottom line. This will hurt Chevy in the long run.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I thought CARR was on here. didnt they have posts at one point?

Burien is pretty damn good SCOTTY you're the man.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #24
Geneman
SS lover

I passed Bruce Chevrolet on the way in to work, and they took down the "Bruce Automart" signs to uncover the Chevy signs. I called them up and they are a Chevy Dealer again. That makes my life alot easier. The are still re-setting up shop so they have to order parts in and don't have any new cars yet, but I am still a happy camper!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneman View Post
We bought out Camaro at Bruce Chevy (which is no longer a Chevy dealer sadly) and had no issues what so ever with them. We loved them.
Have you not driven by Bruce Chevrolet lately? They were reinstated and there was an article in the Argus about 6 weeks ago. They've been running print & TV ads, too.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/hillsboro...again_bru.html
Take a look the next time you pass by. You'll see their big bowtie sign proudly displays "Chevrolet". How could you have missed it?

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 AM   #26
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
thats too bad... I bought my Camaro from them and my wife's Subaru Forester from Carr... both were good experiences, both under MSRP (real MSRP, not dealer markup MSRP)

my salesman was Christian Manz at Carr Subaru and Jim Massey at Carr Chevy... both treated me real well.

the only other Chevy dealer I have used local is Loren Berg chevy in Newberg. they treated me exceptionally well when I bought my Silverado from them.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #27
Geneman
SS lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
I

Have you not driven by Bruce Chevrolet lately? They were reinstated and there was an article in the Argus about 6 weeks ago. They've been running print & TV ads, too.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/hillsboro...again_bru.html
Take a look the next time you pass by. You'll see their big bowtie sign proudly displays "Chevrolet". How could you have missed it?
LOL, marketing fail. I don't get the paper, as the only thing in it I would look at would be the Fry's Electronics add, and I can get that online. I don't see commercials as I have several media centers and skip them. I pass Bruce on the way into work, when I am half asleep so I didn't notice the automart banners come down. And I guess in my defense I have been on vacation for the last month or so
I live under a rock I guess