Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-05-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
BruceJames

Drives: 2010 SS2 RS Inferno Orange
Noisy Calipers???

I get this clicking noise every time I take off from a stop..and sometimes when I shift .. ALL from the rear breaks it seems.. anyone else hear this? Doesn't click constantly.. Just for a second each time..sounds like it's the calipers.
BruceJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
There is a couple bulletins for driveline click noise. The one yours sounds like is for adding a thin washer to the rear half shafts. Apparently taking up some additional clearance there. There is another bulletin for a click noise in the driveshaft and support bearing.

I'd have your dealer look at it and ask them to see if the bulletins may be the issue. That half shaft/axle click noise issue probably could easily sound like it is in the caliper area.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #3
BruceJames

Thanks.. That's exactly what it was.. Can't find the bulletin on here but since I complained ..my dealership found it.. Parts are in a getting it fixed this week.. STILL pisses me off a bit since this has to be a design flaw. :/
Old 02-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJames View Post
Thanks.. That's exactly what it was.. Can't find the bulletin on here but since I complained ..my dealership found it.. Parts are in a getting it fixed this week.. STILL pisses me off a bit since this has to be a design flaw. :/
so what was the problem the dealership found, was it the brakes or driveshaft carrier bearing or cv axles?
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
BruceJames

They added washers to the half shafts and NOW it has some weird noise that comes from the rear end every time I step on the gas.. I spent 8 hours last Friday at the dealership where the folks at GM in Detroit tried to work with the mechanic to find the problem. They ARE aware that this "fix" causes this new problem.. After the entire day, GM wants the dealership to replace the mufflers. LOL..We'll see if that's the problem, but I doubt it.
I am starting to think LEMON LAW. My mechanical engineer friend things that there may be some torque issue now with the half shafts that may screw up the differential..