Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #15
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Lowered 1.4" and 1.3" no problems, like stated before boards are your friend. Back in the day when I lowered my Accord we could not get it off the lift after springs installed. had to lower the car tires to sit on 2x4s.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #16
riverrattcom

Drives: 2010 2SS RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjackso View Post
I am still looking for a shop to do mine. Went to NTB today, they have the flat drive on racks.. they didnt have the specs for the 2010 camaro yet... LMAO! Firetone had the old racks with no boards.. still looking..

The place I got Stuck on the rack was a Firestone Tire Place.

Maybe its just Camaros dont like Firestone. LOL
riverrattcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #17
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
No issues either but took it to 4 places to find a shop to that would fit the car up on a rack..
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
I used to work at NTB. If your shop updates there equipment like my shop did, they won't have the 2010 Camaro specs till middle/late 2011. Find the specs yourself and take them with you and have the tech punch in any car with an IRS setup and align to your specs. The car entered into the computer is irrelevent, it is only used to bring up the specs in the database. Again, make sure the car entered in the computer has an IRS. If not, the computer will most likly blank out the rear and not show anything when you make adjusments. Also, hopefully you will get someone doing your alignment that actually understands the angles and does not just adjust till the numbers are good.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #19
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
In my town, there is a Modular Depot which is a performance shop with 2 dynos. Anyway, they use Sears Auto Center for all of their alignments and that is where I went. If you have a Sears Auto Shop local, try them. The one by me has the newest equipment out designed for high performance sports cars. Mine went up with out any problems. As far as the alignment specs, Sears called Eibach and got all the modified numbers for a smooth perfect ride........Just some food for thought
Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #20
Circuit Motorsports
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 STi
Call around and ask for shops that are familiar with lowered cars and can do a "performance alignment".

Most shops who are familiar with lowered sports cars will have a rack or at least ramps/boards to get it on and off.
Circuit Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 AM   #21
fixxxer525
Account Suspended

Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I never had a problem when they installed my Pedders Camaro Extreme Track II suspension. She handles like a charm.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
When your alignment shop struggle to drive a car on to their alignment rack you should know instantly that you are in the wrong shop. While some lower their cars just for the look, many lower their cars for improved function. To get the full benefit of lowering coils, you need an alignment tech that understands performance vehicles and lowered vehicles.

The first step in proper alignment on a lowered car is to break loose the bolts at every rotational suspension bolt. That would the the radius and inner control arm bolts up front. In the rear, the trailing arm, toe link, upper and lower control arm at the knuckle and he lower inner. The car then should be at least bounced. The prefer-ed method is driven gently slowly around the ship parking lot. With the weight of the vehicle on the wheels all the bolts are made tight. This process times the bonded ferule OEM rubber bushes to the new ride height.

Timing the bushes balances the car. The rotational resistance in the bushes is actually a second set of springs in the car. If they are not timed to the new ride height they are creating uneven loads as the car moves over a bump. The suspension will function correctly with the bushes timed and will also last longer. Only a professional that understand suspension will take this extra step.

Your alignment professional should discuss with you how you want to drive your car. The alignment specifications for a weekend warrior drag racer would be different than the specifications for a weekend auto cross warrior. If you want optimum tire life the alignment specs are different from those that want optimal cornering on the highway ramps or twisties.

Suspension and alignment work done well on a Camaro will produce fantastic results. Choose our alignment professional carefully. They will make a real difference in your enjoyment when driving. getting your car on the rack should not be a drama.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
riverrattcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
When your alignment shop struggle to drive a car on to their alignment rack you should know instantly that you are in the wrong shop. While some lower their cars just for the look, many lower their cars for improved function. To get the full benefit of lowering coils, you need an alignment tech that understands performance vehicles and lowered vehicles.

The first step in proper alignment on a lowered car is to break loose the bolts at every rotational suspension bolt. That would the the radius and inner control arm bolts up front. In the rear, the trailing arm, toe link, upper and lower control arm at the knuckle and he lower inner. The car then should be at least bounced. The prefer-ed method is driven gently slowly around the ship parking lot. With the weight of the vehicle on the wheels all the bolts are made tight. This process times the bonded ferule OEM rubber bushes to the new ride height.

Timing the bushes balances the car. The rotational resistance in the bushes is actually a second set of springs in the car. If they are not timed to the new ride height they are creating uneven loads as the car moves over a bump. The suspension will function correctly with the bushes timed and will also last longer. Only a professional that understand suspension will take this extra step.

Your alignment professional should discuss with you how you want to drive your car. The alignment specifications for a weekend warrior drag racer would be different than the specifications for a weekend auto cross warrior. If you want optimum tire life the alignment specs are different from those that want optimal cornering on the highway ramps or twisties.

Suspension and alignment work done well on a Camaro will produce fantastic results. Choose our alignment professional carefully. They will make a real difference in your enjoyment when driving. getting your car on the rack should not be a drama.

Great Info! Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #24
riverrattcom

Finally got it aligned at my dealer. They sell corvettes so they had a floor machine. They even set it up for a "Weekend Warrior Drag Racer" They had it for 4 hours and it only cost me 69 bucks!

Drives Great now!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #25
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
I had this problem too last week. Dropped mine with the Eibachs, brought it to brake masters and they go half the car on and stopped right before it was about to scrape. Brought it two blocks down the street to Firestone who had a drive on system. Only cost about $80 too.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #26
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
took mine to the dealer for alignment, they charged be about $85.00. no problems