Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-05-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
simon777

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
Help with Center Console Side Panel

I just put some leather on my center console and can’t for the life of me get the passenger side panel back on.

It’s the clip post nearest to the ebrake that I can’t pop back in.

This clip has a guide post above it. When I go to pop it in it’ll grab but then pop right back out after a few seconds.

I checked the white clip and it isn’t broke. The rectangular hole doesn’t have a piece in it. Does anyone know if the hole it goes in is supposed to have some piece that goes in it that I potentially lost?

Is there a different type of white clip that goes into this area? I had some clips pop out on me when I initially took it off and noticed 2 types, but already tried both types and they don’t hold it on there.

Not sure how I can get this back in place if anyone has any ideas.
simon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
simon777

Old 06-09-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
I have the same problem after installing the leather on mine too
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:15 AM   #4
43Camaro

Drives: [COTW 8/3/15] 2010 Camaro SS L99
The change in thickness will cause this even though it’s slight. Might need to modify the clip to hold better. I’ve messed around with this area a lot and the clips seem to become looser the more times you pop them in and out. Try a new clip, possibly with a small piece of electrical tape around it to grab a little better.

43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
simon777

UPDATE: FOUND A SOLUTION

So my side panels have continued to pop out. I took some time to finally find out why and thought I should share the solution.

Trimming the leather properly will allow these to sit like they were stock so recheck the way you trimmed it if you're having problems. I thought I trimmed it adequately until I took some time to really see how everything fits together. I used an exacto knife.

Places to make sure you trim:
-ensure there is very little leather where the hooks at the top edge of the side panels engage
-towards the middle of each side panel, there is an alignment pin and right below is a plastic clip, make sure you clear out all the leather from this alignment pin area so the side panel can sit as flat as possible onto the center console, this really helps with making it not pop out, as thin as the leather is, it really does make the panel pop out when you leave it here