Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
chris'stransam

Drives: 2014 1LE , ZL1-1LE , 1999 WS6
warranty

Who here has voided the warranty on there 1le ? I have a bad itch for modifying it . I am thinking of putting my novi2200 SL supercharger on it . What do u all think . Go for it !
chris'stransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Personal preference is a choice.

If you dont mind no warranty then go for it.

Mine is bone stock. My preference. At least for a couple more years.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris'stransam View Post
Who here has voided the warranty on there 1le ? I have a bad itch for modifying it . I am thinking of putting my novi2200 SL supercharger on it . What do u all think . Go for it !
I think most people would not be willing to post to the world that they have either heavily or lightly voided their new car warranty. Whether it be driving style or mods....

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I did bolt on's at 3K miles now I'm doing a cam and heads at 3500.... To be honest i would rather replace parts myself on my own dime then have a 18 year old kid at a dealership... But that's just me.... There are some exceptions but not many.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
Quicksilver 1LE

Drives: 14 1000HP SS/RS 1LE
The answer to your question is do you have the extra money to fix what breaks after you void the warranty. If you do, then power it up! If not, start saving 😁 By the way... I have no warranty.
Quicksilver 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
With all of my other bills and life in general... I don't have a lot of disposable income to play with. So I'd rather play it safe for a few years and keep most of my warranty intact.Just in case..
The axle back on my 4 week old SS will do for a while.....
Sure, I'd love to do lots more before I make my 1st payment.. but my older, wiser self tells me to have some patience and wait it out.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I did the "void" with maybe 750 miles on the car. So yeah I took the plunge early.

Yes it's a big decision for some folks and not so much for others. If things go bad then it's a heck of a chunk or change to swallow....... But remember this, it only voids the engine warranty if the mods you're doing meet that criteria.

I've swapped cams, intake manifold, Vortex TB, OTR CAI, LT headers w/ HF cats, UD pully, Melling oil pump, oil catch can and it's been on the dyno & re-tuned a hand full of times. Next will be heads. The car has about 3300 miles on it now and we've had it since April 13'.

To each his or her own they say. We bought the 1LE to enjoy and build to have as a fun sunny day weekend cruiser twisty road toy. If anything takes a dump in the engine department, I pay the price.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #8
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Sold my grandsport before I got the 1le.

MUST.KEEP.STOCK.AT.ALL.COSTS.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
markgws6

Drives: 2019 Chevy Equinox Premier AWD
I'm not afraid to take my car to the track and tell anyone about it. It's a track day car, so that is what I do with it. If the dealer voids my warranty for that reason, they will hear from the BBB for sure.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #10
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Every single item on your car, save for wear items (brakes, clutch, tires) is warrantied. No one loses their "warranty" (singular). What happens is that people can have a warranty claim denied for abuse or because the manufacturer/dealership claims that modifications done to the car caused their part(s) to break.

Adding a super-charger is not going to come into question if your speedometer should stop working. Changing our exhaust is not going to have any effect on what happens when your air conditioner goes kaput. If you're pushing 200 ft-lbs more than stock and you explode the transmission - you may have a problem with that particular claim though.

Many of you are fully aware of what I'm saying, but I've seen some people here who truly believe that there is a single warranty that is boolean. And once they've been denied a claim, they will never again go back to the dealership, no matter what the problem is.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #11
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgws6 View Post
I'm not afraid to take my car to the track and tell anyone about it. It's a track day car, so that is what I do with it. If the dealer voids my warranty for that reason, they will hear from the BBB for sure.
As Billy10mm states, they will not void it for everything, and for what they do void it for, I am sure they will be happy to talk with the BBB. I agree you should use your car as you want. Its your for the love of Pete, just be realistic about the consequences of that use. I can't risk it at this point, so we are being good!

To the OP, keep in mind that many vehicle alterations which improve performance not only may void warranties, but my reduce drivability and reliability. This is also a factor for us. Our 1LE is my daily driver. Wife has her Avalanche and the only other car we own is a '69 Camaro with a 4500 RPM stall, so not a very nice daily driver. I have to have this car running. You may not have this problem.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote