Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-22-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Excellent info Sir!

tks!
Old 11-22-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
I am looking at getting an intake for my 2011 L99 to go with my Doug Thorley tri-y headers, solo exhaust and a tune. I am looking at the CAI and the Vararam tune model. I plan on installing a VVT-2 or -3 in the near future. What is your suggestion and why?

2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS Automatic.Roto Fab, Bo White ported throttle body, GPI rod mod intake, VVT SS3 cam, CNC ported heads, Doug Thoutley tri-y long tube headers, Solo Mach cat back with j pipes. Yank converter, Factory Reproductions Chrome Z28 wheels ect, ect
Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I am looking at getting an intake for my 2011 L99 to go with my Doug Thorley tri-y headers, solo exhaust and a tune. I am looking at the CAI and the Vararam tune model. I plan on installing a VVT-2 or -3 in the near future. What is your suggestion and why?
Just a matter of preference, people are going to argue that the tune model will net the most HP because of the fact it's some sort of special tune intake.

But it wont be the difference between you and someone else with the same mods running a 1/4 mile.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #18
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

As the other gentleman mentioned it is a matter of personal preference sir, if it was my car and i was budget orientated i would do the following,

Stainless Power Headers with Hi Flow Cats
Rotofab or CAI inlet
Either a Borla or Magnaflow or Corsa Exhaust
SCT X4 Programmer with Custom Tune (i always give free custom tunes with any programmer we sell)

Feel free to give me a call and i can answer any questions that you may have kind sir

Thanks Steve
RDP Store
www.rdpstore.com
440 358 5500

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:05 PM   #19
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
As the other gentleman mentioned it is a matter of personal preference sir, if it was my car and i was budget orientated i would do the following,

Rotofab or CAI inlet
Are you selling the Corsa extreme catback for a super budget? I love the way Corsa extreme sounds, but I can't justify spending the money on it
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:50 PM   #20
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Are you selling the Corsa extreme catback for a super budget? I love the way Corsa extreme sounds, but I can't justify spending the money on it
Yes sir I can put togethe a superdeal for you

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power HP Tuners Ngauge Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 11-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #21
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Yes sir I can put togethe a superdeal for you
And that, ladies and gents, is why you go with DynoSteve. PM me whenever you want to set that up sir, much appreciated!
504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #22
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
And that, ladies and gents, is why you go with DynoSteve. PM me whenever you want to set that up sir, much appreciated!

Thankyou sir, pm me the part number you want and i will hook you up

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 11-28-2016, 10:41 AM   #23
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
I second that, lol!! DynoSteve has the best customer service I have seen in a long time. He'll answer emails even on weekends!! Great guy!!

2017 Challenger Hellcat M6 - Legmaker CAI - MM ported TB - Sprint Booster!!

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:14 AM   #24
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I second that, lol!! DynoSteve has the best customer service I have seen in a long time. He'll answer emails even on weekends!! Great guy!!
Appreciate the kind words sir

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 12-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #25
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
Hey Steve,
Love the trans tune! Thanks.
Now. I am wondering if we can send certain perameters to see if my engine is running in top form. For some reason, I am getting horrible mileage compared to others with a tune. What do I need to record and send to you for you to check it out? I do want MAX performance and am not that worried about mileage. But, I would just like to be positive. Also, I will be adding a BW PTB if that makes a difference?
Thanks man!

Mods = Not enough....

Last edited by G701LE; 12-04-2016 at 04:40 PM.
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #26
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Hi Steve,

I have aftermarket valve covers and did coil relocate. I cleaned up the engine bay and have been happy with the work I did. I added a catch can. I also added a CAI.

I was wondering this specifically because I kept the hose route the way it was factory regarding the valve covers and the hose that feeds to the passenger side coming off the CAI tube.

My question really is why is the drivers side just capped off? Been that way from factory so I just kept it that way but I'm thinking might be better if it was vented?

I was thinking I could take the rubber cap off the small nozzle (drivers side valve cover) and add a breather style filter there and also do the same on the passenger side valve cover or just cap that one and add a breather filter at the oil fill spot eliminating the hose that goes from the CAI.

Id like to see maybe if anyone has breathers on the valve covers on both sides and is this a benefit to the car?

I hope I'm making sense..lol. I will post some pics to if you need.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:45 AM   #27
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Hi Steve,

I have aftermarket valve covers and did coil relocate. I cleaned up the engine bay and have been happy with the work I did. I added a catch can. I also added a CAI.

I was wondering this specifically because I kept the hose route the way it was factory regarding the valve covers and the hose that feeds to the passenger side coming off the CAI tube.

My question really is why is the drivers side just capped off? Been that way from factory so I just kept it that way but I'm thinking might be better if it was vented?

I was thinking I could take the rubber cap off the small nozzle (drivers side valve cover) and add a breather style filter there and also do the same on the passenger side valve cover or just cap that one and add a breather filter at the oil fill spot eliminating the hose that goes from the CAI.

Id like to see maybe if anyone has breathers on the valve covers on both sides and is this a benefit to the car?

I hope I'm making sense..lol. I will post some pics to if you need.
You can certainly have a breather on both sides the reason the factory does it the way they do it to create a vacuum to recycle for admissions and maintain pcv control . Just remember if you run a breather to both covers you need to maintain a vacuum from the motor to draw gases into the catch can

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 12-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #28
GMfan454

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS 6spd manual
Quote:

Rotofab or CAI inlet
SCT X4 Programmer with Custom Tune (i always give free custom tunes with any programmer we sell)

Feel free to give me a call and i can answer any questions that you may have kind sir

Thanks Steve
RDP Store
www.rdpstore.com
440 358 5500
I've been told by reputable people on here that I can get headers and high flow cats and leave the factory mufflers as they flow really well. Do you agree with this? I am asking because of your suggestion of the Borla or Magnaflow or Corsa Exhaust. I'm not questioning you or your knowledge, I am just wondering your opinion vs what I have been told before. Kind of a second opinion thing.
1995 Z28 A4 - Sold
1979 Girllinetta auto - Sold
GMfan454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rdp dynosteve question