Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
Joemaro

Drives: 2SS/RS
Lowest 2SS pricing?

Hey everyone,

I've been visiting dealers and doing some research here at C5 and around the web so I figured I might as well register and post. With the Camaro becoming more available how plausible does purchasing a 2SS at around 31,XXX sound? I realize this is very close to the invoiced price of $31,591.35, and I may be able to stretch 32, however I'm just hoping to get some opinions. I realize I can most likely purchase a 1SS w/RS at this price however I'd of course like to get some of the additional features of the 2SS if possible (namely leather seats, audio, bluetooth).

I found a post here on C5 of a dealer in PA claiming to sell Camaros at invoice, however I can no longer locate the post (scam?). I live in NY but I am currently outside of Detroit for the new job so I have plenty of dealers to visit and start benchmarking.

I am eligible for the College Grad discount seeing as I just graduated last May, I will be purchasing a Camaro within the next few weeks as my previous car may very well be totaled from an accident on the way out here (waiting on the final word, getting a camaro regardless...ohio drivers ).

Any tips or insight would be appreciated, I'm very eager to purchase and could pay cash if it meant the dealer would be more willing to make a quick sale.
Joemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Cash, does not really mean they will sell a car to you and not make any money.
If you really want a fair deal, talk to: BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

She will put you right and is on this forum as a owner and salesperson.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeZ1087 View Post
Hey everyone,

I've been visiting dealers and doing some research here at C5 and around the web so I figured I might as well register and post. With the Camaro becoming more available how plausible does purchasing a 2SS at around 31,XXX sound? I realize this is very close to the invoiced price of $31,591.35, and I may be able to stretch 32, however I'm just hoping to get some opinions. I realize I can most likely purchase a 1SS w/RS at this price however I'd of course like to get some of the additional features of the 2SS if possible (namely leather seats, audio, bluetooth).

I found a post here on C5 of a dealer in PA claiming to sell Camaros at invoice, however I can no longer locate the post (scam?). I live in NY but I am currently outside of Detroit for the new job so I have plenty of dealers to visit and start benchmarking.

I am eligible for the College Grad discount seeing as I just graduated last May, I will be purchasing a Camaro within the next few weeks as my previous car may very well be totaled from an accident on the way out here (waiting on the final word, getting a camaro regardless...ohio drivers ).

Any tips or insight would be appreciated, I'm very eager to purchase and could pay cash if it meant the dealer would be more willing to make a quick sale.
Most dealers are less likely to make a deal for lower then what you qualify for if you pay cash then they would if you financed though them. The reason is dealers get kick backs from banks and financing companies when they make a deal.

As for cost, I don't think you will get a dealer to agree to that price on a 2SS, not as hot as this car is. You probably could next year but not right now. The College Grad cost on a base 2SS with NO options is $32,950 with out destination charge which is an extra $850 and if you opt out of the 60 day return program and get the $500 that will reduce the cost to $32,450. This is about the best you will do.

I do have a question for you, are you taking into account sales tax, tag, title, and dealer fees into your limit? I don't now how much your sales tax is but you will want to set aside about $2k to cover tax and all your other fees, possibly more.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
you might have another option depending on when you are looking to buy.

If you wait until say the Z28 comes out, you can hit up the dealer's certified used and probably get a deal on 2SS's that people are trading in (or buy direct from the owners).
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #5
Joemaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Most dealers are less likely to make a deal for lower then what you qualify for if you pay cash then they would if you financed though them. The reason is dealers get kick backs from banks and financing companies when they make a deal.

As for cost, I don't think you will get a dealer to agree to that price on a 2SS, not as hot as this car is. You probably could next year but not right now. The College Grad cost on a base 2SS with NO options is $32,950 with out destination charge which is an extra $850 and if you opt out of the 60 day return program and get the $500 that will reduce the cost to $32,450. This is about the best you will do.

I do have a question for you, are you taking into account sales tax, tag, title, and dealer fees into your limit? I don't now how much your sales tax is but you will want to set aside about $2k to cover tax and all your other fees, possibly more.

$32,450 could be possible on my end except I do want the RS package, yes I've taken into account sales tax, tag, title, and dealer fees along with insurance for that matter... I've worked in family owned car dealerships so I've gotten things covered in that regard. (Unfortunately we've only owned import franchises, I'm rebelling )

I was talking cash for holdback purposes mainly, I don't know how Chevy/GM's system works, however in the past we were always relatively happy to move a car quickly despite what we could gain on the financing end. Dealers may be less inclined to do so knowing the car is hot and will most likely move in a timely fashion, and it is true they can have a bit more leeway in terms of price when you finance.

Looks like I'm headed toward a 1ss. How's the cloth interior? I've never been able to see it in person. Does anyone driving a 1ss feel like it's stripped?

Thanks guys
Old 11-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I would love to help with your new Camaro.
Call or email me
Thanks,
Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
Joemaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leperkhaun View Post
you might have another option depending on when you are looking to buy.

If you wait until say the Z28 comes out, you can hit up the dealer's certified used and probably get a deal on 2SS's that people are trading in (or buy direct from the owners).
Yea, I'm looking to buy now. Waiting isn't much of an option. Have you started your search? I live in Briarcliff and have family in Yorktown. Have you had any luck with finding a good dealer?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #8
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
im actually stationed in germany atm and i wont be back to the states for a while, which is why i have the whole wait for the z28 and buy used is on my mind.

I did visit my family there in october and i did a quick look. The only place i checked out was Casey Chevy. the sales people were very nice, but then I didnt drive up in my POS 1995 Mazda B2300. I drove my parents very nice car to the place.

I immediatly left when they were selling 1LTs for 33-35k and 2ss (with sunroof and RS) for 45k and claiming it was MSRP.
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Alabama

Drives: 2ss RS 8cyl Manual Rally Yellow
A local dealer had 3 camaros listed around $1200 below MSRP a couple of days ago on the net but today two are back up to MSRP.
Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:48 PM   #10
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeZ1087 View Post

Looks like I'm headed toward a 1ss. How's the cloth interior? I've never been able to see it in person. Does anyone driving a 1ss feel like it's stripped?

Thanks guys
The 1ss is great.

I like the cloth seats and it doesn't feel cheap at all on the interior.
heavyt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I have SEVERAL cars coming in - and can ship to your front door!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote