Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
thumperhoglady

Drives: Summit White RS/SS, H2-03
Has anyone else order a WHITE 2010 Camaro??

I love a clean looking ride. Don't get me wrong I love all the colors....but for me it's WHITE all the way. I have admired Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Silver & Blue. With that being said, has anyone else order white?
I ordered mine May 11th, 2SS, RS,V8-auto, with sunroof.
Thanks to "The Viz", I'm still at 1100.......I was told by the guy that does all the ordering for the dealership, that they were going to start spraying white in June. Needlessly to say I haven't heard anyone on here mention anything about ordering white or seeing a white one. I did see pix of a white one with Michgan tag dated Feb. ona web site. But that's it. I hope that I'm worring over nothing):
thumperhoglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
infam0uz

Drives: Future Owner
A Few on here has one ordered and i believe a i read somewhere that they started shipping these out now, but yet i havent seen any, im considering a black or white one.
infam0uz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I ordered Aqua Blue because white was not available, bu now that it is... I feel like I am being torn in two... I love the look of white, with black stripes and a blacked out tail... and it looks clean!! But I have had 2 other white cars already... I don't know what to do...
Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperhoglady View Post
I love a clean looking ride. Don't get me wrong I love all the colors....but for me it's WHITE all the way. I have admired Black, Red, Orange, Yellow, Silver & Blue. With that being said, has anyone else order white?
I ordered mine May 11th, 2SS, RS,V8-auto, with sunroof.
Thanks to "The Viz", I'm still at 1100.......I was told by the guy that does all the ordering for the dealership, that they were going to start spraying white in June. Needlessly to say I haven't heard anyone on here mention anything about ordering white or seeing a white one. I did see pix of a white one with Michgan tag dated Feb. ona web site. But that's it. I hope that I'm worring over nothing):
Whites are now on the assembly line. Mine was ordered 6/11 when G.M. was accepting Summit white orders. As far as I know if you ordered May 11 your order was just sitting at the dealer. There is a Summit white thread here for this color if you do a search. ORDERED: 2SS/RS summit white, IO interior, sunroof, 20" polished wheels.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:16 AM   #5
FutureBumbleBee

Drives: 83 Z28, white, slow and dying
I honestly don't know how the hell anyone would want white on a camaro. My 83 camaro is white. It's just so lame. I mean how the hell are you going to get a sports car and get WHITE?
FutureBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:37 AM   #6
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
I've been driving a Summit white GMC van for 5 years, I have washed my ABM camaro more in the last 3 months with 2700 miles on it than I have the van with 249000 in 5 years! another reason white is a good choice.
________
Penny Stock Picks

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 02:59 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBumbleBee View Post
I honestly don't know how the hell anyone would want white on a camaro. My 83 camaro is white. It's just so lame. I mean how the hell are you going to get a sports car and get WHITE?
Thanks for your constructive, productive, and overall beneficial post to this thread.

Every car I've ever owned has been white, not necessarily by choice, it just worked out that way. At first I hated it but over the years it has grown on me. And I have to say the Summit White on these Camaros is awesome. It's not off-white, or cream-white, or pearl white. It's Magnesium Oxide white and it looks great!
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird

Quote:
Dude have you seen a 4th gen SS in Artic White?
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
Old Timer

Drives: 2005 Chevy Van
Give white a chance""""""""""""""

I ask you this? Did you ever see a car that looks soooo darn good in any & all color & trim combinations? I think white will live up to these expectations. Patiently waiting to see is me'''''''''''''
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Here is the Summit White master thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6399

I like white.. 80's GT BMX with fat tubes and bright white was my first turn on.
And had a 00 Celica GTS in Super White (click my garage to see a pic).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
txaggie_08

Drives: 2003 F-150
I ordered a summit white camaro!! I think its going to be an amazing look. And to the person that said white wasn't sporty.... To me, sporty colors are white, silver/gray, or black. I also chose white thinking there may be less of them on the road since they were an interim color.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #12
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
It sounds to me you are driving a 26 year old $12.00 s**tbox. New Camaros come in different colors for a reason putz.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #13
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
My Summit White 2LT/RS is at status 3000. No TPW yet; but, anticipate production within 2 weeks of the line restart on 7/13. Delivery (with no QC issues) by 8/15-20.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Thanks for your constructive, productive, and overall beneficial post to this thread.

Every car I've ever owned has been white, not necessarily by choice, it just worked out that way. At first I hated it but over the years it has grown on me. And I have to say the Summit White on these Camaros is awesome. It's not off-white, or cream-white, or pearl white. It's Magnesium Oxide white and it looks great!
Just because your keyboard works, doesn't mean you have to use it. Sometimes, the best expression of an opinion is complete and total silence.
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote