Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #15
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe55 View Post
I'm a vote for the Continentals, I went through 2 sets on my stock rims over the years and I'll be putting a set on my new (to me) rims next spring when I pull the Camaro out of storage. They hold up well in the rain compared to the stock Pirellis, and their tread life was good. I'd recommend them to anybody.
I have spent quite a bit of time asking questions, contacting tire dealers and reading reviews regarding mainly the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 and the Nitto Motivo. Living in coastal NC we seldom see snow and I have no plans on driving North during the winter. We do have quite a bit of rain.

Earlier I mentioned my speeding and raising heck days are far gone. For this I have decided I am going to go with the Continentals. I know the warranty on them is 50K while the Nitto's are 60K but I really like the tire pattern as well as the many reviews I have read.

Was going to order them today but I just got a tremendous surprise, our oldest granddaughter who lives in Tampa is coming to spend Christmas with Nana and I... we are so blessed. I have decided to use my extra spending money on Christmas! Come first week of January I will have more spending money so I will order the tires on line at that time.

I want to thank all my Camaro Forum friends for the post and texts.

Larry
Old 12-13-2019, 08:35 PM   #16
Deputy347k9

UPDATE: Today I made a great score on a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires right here in NC.

Earlier I stated I was going to wait until after Christmas due to the granddaughter traveling from Tampa to have Christmas with us. I was passing time this morning on Facebook Market Palace when I typed in just the word Continental! Scrolling down several pages I came across a set; right up said practically new for $600.00? Contacted the individual who explained he purchased them last week locally had them mounted and drove a total of 20 miles only to learn the size of the tire (275/35/20) was causing problems with the vehicles computer? Of course they are now used. He had them taken off and purchased yet another set of Continentals but this time the proper size. I offered him $550.00 and he has agreed we will meet this Sunday. This saves me nearly $300.00 for a set that has just 20 miles. I am blessed! Larry
Old 12-14-2019, 08:06 AM   #17
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
UPDATE: Today I made a great score on a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires right here in NC.

Earlier I stated I was going to wait until after Christmas due to the granddaughter traveling from Tampa to have Christmas with us. I was passing time this morning on Facebook Market Palace when I typed in just the word Continental! Scrolling down several pages I came across a set; right up said practically new for $600.00? Contacted the individual who explained he purchased them last week locally had them mounted and drove a total of 20 miles only to learn the size of the tire (275/35/20) was causing problems with the vehicles computer? Of course they are now used. He had them taken off and purchased yet another set of Continentals but this time the proper size. I offered him $550.00 and he has agreed we will meet this Sunday. This saves me nearly $300.00 for a set that has just 20 miles. I am blessed! Larry
Happy Holidays sir !! Enjoy the family. Great choice on the Conti's, I have run those on my 2011 SS for 7 years and have only been through 2 sets, the second set is on there right now. They handle great, drive nice especially in the rain, and they just don't wear out, also they are pretty quiet. I have 112k on the clock and she is lowered 1.25 and is a daily driver. Cheers my friend and enjoy the holidays !
Old 12-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #18
Deputy347k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Happy Holidays sir !! Enjoy the family. Great choice on the Conti's, I have run those on my 2011 SS for 7 years and have only been through 2 sets, the second set is on there right now. They handle great, drive nice especially in the rain, and they just don't wear out, also they are pretty quiet. I have 112k on the clock and she is lowered 1.25 and is a daily driver. Cheers my friend and enjoy the holidays !
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I look forward to my drive tomorrow, should take about 3 1/2 hours each way. Little concerned as to how the set of 4 tires 275/35/20 are going to fit in the Camaro. I have several moving pads to cover the seats. Sure nothing will fit in the trunk.

And... wishing you a wonderful Christmas my friend.

Larry
Old 12-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #19
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Thank you for the wonderful comments. I look forward to my drive tomorrow, should take about 3 1/2 hours each way. Little concerned as to how the set of 4 tires 275/35/20 are going to fit in the Camaro. I have several moving pads to cover the seats. Sure nothing will fit in the trunk.

And... wishing you a wonderful Christmas my friend.

Larry
Thanks sir !!And you'd be surprised what we can get in the trunk of a Camaro coupe !! I had 2 20 inch rims in there, 1 20x10 and 1 20x11 and the other 2 in the back seat when I went to have them installed. Also when I sold some 315's to a friend that I was getting rid of, 1 fit in the trunk and 1 in the back seat. You might have to lay the seats down, put 2 in the trunk and 1 on the back seat and 1 in the passenger seat standing up, gonna be tight but I think you can do that. Good luck sir !!
Old 12-15-2019, 07:47 PM   #20
Deputy347k9

At the last minute the wife "allowed" me to take her new RAV4! See the last time I used it a gent backed into the passenger side, she just got out of the body shop last Friday. I promised her I would not come home if someone hit her car.

Made life much easier. The drive North was about 180 miles each way. Met with a fantastic young man who owned the tires. They were everything he said they were and did actually have less than 20 miles on them. I could not be happier. Left at 1000 this morning and was home by 1900 this evening.

Picture is of the actual tires that will go on the powder coated ZL1 reproductions.
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2019, 08:28 PM   #21
SSammy

Drives: 2015 2SS A6 Commemorative Edition
I have never owned the Nitto Motivo but I’m a huge fan of their terra and exo grapplers for my H3. I recently bought a set of 4 DWS06 275/40zr20’s and had them mounted on M228 wheels on the Camaro. In warm weather they seem to be about equal to the Pirelli’s for traction and handling. In cold weather (22 degrees this morning), rain and light snow, they seem to grip nearly as well as they do in the warm. They are much quieter than the pirelli’s and the pirelli’s started feeling pretty slippery at 50 degrees and downright treacherous at 45 degrees and below. The DWS06 treadwear claim is much higher but only time will tell. So far I really like them.
SSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:55 AM   #22
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
BLU DUCE AKA=Spike III Build

Quote:
At the last minute the wife "allowed" me to take her new RAV4! See the last time I used it a gent backed into the passenger side, she just got out of the body shop last Friday. I promised her I would not come home if someone hit her car.

Made life much easier. The drive North was about 180 miles each way. Met with a fantastic young man who owned the tires. They were everything he said they were and did actually have less than 20 miles on them. I could not be happier. Left at 1000 this morning and was home by 1900 this evening.

Picture is of the actual tires that will go on the powder coated ZL1 reproductions.
Great search you did. But even better what a great find on a set of tires and meet up with no Tax,delivery charges. A great time of year to find such a deal. Good luck with them. And Merry X-Mas
Old 12-16-2019, 09:55 AM   #23
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Nice find congrats and Merry Christmas
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote