Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Guitar/Bass volume/tone knob low profile/ flush

Guitar/Bass volume/tone knob

anyone done a low profile or even flush knob upgrade, quick google don't find much which is shocking.

found this pic, which looks like a great idea, have very top lip flush with the body, put a knurl on the edge for a tiny bit of grip.

2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Im guessing Ill be the first to bother with such work?

IM having fun with a cheap 39" Peavey rockmaster, gonna mod it out the wazoo doing things only a lefty would do

I was able to quickly flip the pick ups and string it upside down when it arrived, when my new strings get here Im going to take it all apart and move the pick up over 1/8", remove the ear-bud jack from the "bottom" and move it to the strap button hole right near there on the tip, as my leg bumps it sitting down. Also want to low profile or flush the volume / tone knob.

Dunno if I will bother with the reg cord jack, I don't plan on doing anything but using the built in pre amp n earbuds.

Well surprised with the sound you get with the wicked ear buds plugged into the built in pre amp. You can jam away and not wake the dead to hear it / play it like you want. Like buying a $250 Camaro and pimpin what you got, instead of spending real money

Already broke a string rocking, thing fish hooked into my thumb, but you can see I have a sense of humor about things

Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Here is my work on the stock knobs, you can see I cut them to keep the full depth that slides onto the control knob, but you can also see that there will only be a 1/4in of knob sticking up.

Just gotta cut my pick guard/cover plate into two pieces to make it easier / not need to remove strings and I need to twist the cover to reach behind on assembly since I won't be using the nuts to hold them in place.

[just rubbed them on a hacksaw blade to slowly cut, then nibbled with cutters to clean up then used a flat file to even things up.]
Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Done