Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-06-2017, 07:49 AM   #71
Btrbimmer

Drives: 2SS 1LE Silver w/Recaro NPP
Kurt,

This is a pretty old thread, but I'd like to resurrect the discussion.

You stated that you picked up 5 seconds per lap, which is a huge improvement.

Will you please elaborate on what is installed and the impact to adhesion and handling? Is this only with the aero modification?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Sport_Concepts View Post
You definitely increase the drag. That's the hardest aspect of Aero. To increase downforce without increase too much drag.

I found we've lost approx 3-4 mph down the straight at Auto Club Speedway were we do most of our testing. While we lost top speed down the straights, we picked up overall lap times by almost 5 seconds per lap. This is from being able to enter the corner deeper and the added traction in the corners.

Now we just add the overall HP to gain the top end speed back and we got a car that is hard to beat out there.

Thank you

Kurt Robinson
Aero Sport Concepts

Btrbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #72
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrbimmer View Post
Kurt,

This is a pretty old thread, but I'd like to resurrect the discussion.

You stated that you picked up 5 seconds per lap, which is a huge improvement.

Will you please elaborate on what is installed and the impact to adhesion and handling? Is this only with the aero modification?

Thanks!
So we did some testing when we first got our 1LE back in '14-Sep. The car was pretty stock, No Aero at all except the factory pieces. We did have the coilovers the suspension but majority of the car was stock.

From there we continued to add Aero to the car over about a period of a year. Front Splitter, Wicker first then Side Rockers, Rear Diffuser and then a few other Aero bit.

From the first outing in stock form to a little of a year later with Full Aero Package we picked up approx 5 seconds overall.

Now keep in mind I've been to this track about 5 times prior to getting the car so the Track is was not new to me but I would still guess a couple of these seconds are the driver getting more seat time. But I can say for a fact the car picked up time too.

To date the car is even faster now then it ever has been. Some added Aero again but more HP played in the advancement this time.

I get alot of people asking, have you done any wind tunnel testing?? The answer is NO. Why?? Because we are not a huge company to be able to pay 10s of thousands of dollars for that. How do we know what we make works?? By Track testing. We are One of a Few companies that do this. We test every product on our car to make sure what we develop, Works.

We make products that work and are made to last. There's alot of New guys that have entered the market in the last year or so but none have the quality of products that we produce and take the time to test the product the way it was intended to be used.

There's a reason why we do what we do. To make sure our customers are safe with our product on there car.

Kurt

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #73
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

And our New Test Candidate

Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #74
Btrbimmer

Kurt,

The wickerbill seems pretty logical to increase downforce on the rear, but what do you recommend to balance it out, and increase downforce in the front? I assume the splitter will help with aerodynamics, decreasing drag, but does it increase downforce?

Thanks!

Quote:
So we did some testing when we first got our 1LE back in '14-Sep. The car was pretty stock, No Aero at all except the factory pieces. We did have the coilovers the suspension but majority of the car was stock.

From there we continued to add Aero to the car over about a period of a year. Front Splitter, Wicker first then Side Rockers, Rear Diffuser and then a few other Aero bit.

From the first outing in stock form to a little of a year later with Full Aero Package we picked up approx 5 seconds overall.

Now keep in mind I've been to this track about 5 times prior to getting the car so the Track is was not new to me but I would still guess a couple of these seconds are the driver getting more seat time. But I can say for a fact the car picked up time too.

To date the car is even faster now then it ever has been. Some added Aero again but more HP played in the advancement this time.

I get alot of people asking, have you done any wind tunnel testing?? The answer is NO. Why?? Because we are not a huge company to be able to pay 10s of thousands of dollars for that. How do we know what we make works?? By Track testing. We are One of a Few companies that do this. We test every product on our car to make sure what we develop, Works.

We make products that work and are made to last. There's alot of New guys that have entered the market in the last year or so but none have the quality of products that we produce and take the time to test the product the way it was intended to be used.

There's a reason why we do what we do. To make sure our customers are safe with our product on there car.

Kurt

Old 08-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #75
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Kurt,

The wickerbill seems pretty logical to increase downforce on the rear, but what do you recommend to balance it out, and increase downforce in the front? I assume the splitter will help with aerodynamics, decreasing drag, but does it increase downforce?

Thanks!
Both increase Downforce but also increase Drag. Anything that stalls the Air to create downforce will increase the drag. Wings are an item the produce a lot of Downforce but by design they have little Drag.

But ya a Splitter would help balance the car back out. This is how we have are car set up.

Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM   #76
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Both increase Downforce but also increase Drag. Anything that stalls the Air to create downforce will increase the drag. Wings are an item the produce a lot of Downforce but by design they have little Drag.

But ya a Splitter would help balance the car back out. This is how we have are car set up.

For those of us with the solid hood (like my '13 1LE) I read on here somewhere that installing the vented hood supposedly helps reduce lift a bit. Not sure if that's true but it sounds good haha. Good to vent heat too...
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #77
Btrbimmer

Are you using both the splitter and the belly pan?

Quote:

Old 08-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #78
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Are you using both the splitter and the belly pan?
Ya I am. I have everything on our 1LE that we make.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:41 AM   #79
Btrbimmer

Would you mind posting some pictures of the splitter and the belly pan from under the car? The pictures on the web site are too small and I would like to see how it all mounts.

Thanks!

Quote:
Ya I am. I have everything on our 1LE that we make.

Old 08-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #80
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Here ya go. The Belly Pan ties into the back edge of the bumper. You would remove the rubber air dam and the holes left from it is where you attach the front edge. The other mounting locations are Well Nuts into the chassis.

Old 10-07-2017, 10:44 PM   #81
camarodude87

Drives: 2002 SOM SS
When is your new test candidate spoiler going to be ready for purchase?
92 Camaro - Paxton supercharged 355 5 speed - SOLD
02 SOM Camaro-H/C/I, Moser 9, Stage 2 T56 - SOLD
1969 Camaro 6.0 LQ9 4L60E- SOLD
2014 ZL1-SOLD
camarodude87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #82
Btrbimmer

I'd like to see the "test candidate" as a single piece, with minimal holes, slots and hardware. I like the way it wraps around at the ends and it makes sense to have it made out of a somewhat clear material.

Old 03-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #83
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Cool

Quote:

Kurt

Seen some footage of you holding your own on facebook, against the gen 6 zl1s good stuff you fly in this car!
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote