Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #183
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Thats my goal. I was so close at 495 lbs. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades though. Its gonna be a while before I get back up there and attempt it again.

oh man, that is tough. I know you could taste that 500 lbs too.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #184
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
My bench has taken a hit after my radial head replacement in my elbow. But my squat is where I am really beasting at right now.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #185
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
so I need to drop the reps and go heavier. Got it!
Quote:
I knew you would bust me.

I'm still stuck at 465 lbs on my bench as a max. But I would like to get with the big boys in the 500 lb club. I'll do some training with WheelmanSS and see if I can get over that hump.

Ok, i'm not sure wtf you're problem is and what you're trying to do here.

I never said that I was the strongest guy here, I simply gave advice on lifting strategies that are known to have benefits in progressing strength

You can be a sarcastic badass all you want. Congrats. You're super cool.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #186
purkel

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
worked out last night. my goal is going from 230 to 245lb.

i put on muscle pretty well so it should be doable in 6 months. plus my upper body is much more developed than my legs, so if i focus on legs more, I should see at least 10lb gained in my legs.
purkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #187
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post

I never said that I was the strongest guy here, I simply gave advice on lifting strategies that are known to have benefits in progressing strength

dude, no one is trying to be a badass or super cool. There are always someone bigger and stronger in this world. It's all about training hard and training smart. I know Dnzts and CFD (and many others in this forum) knows their sh&t and just trying to have some fun.

for example, this guy trains at my gym. http://www.flickr.com/photos/america...n/photostream/
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #188
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:

They exist on every forum!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #189
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
going real well! how about you?
Going real well, finally getting back to my old strength levels.

Has anyone on here ever seriously considered trying out for strongman competitions?
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #190
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Going real well, finally getting back to my old strength levels.

Has anyone on here ever seriously considered trying out for strongman competitions?
I'm sure they got a ton of them on here..lol

Hopefully they don't kill themselves.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #191
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
dude, no one is trying to be a badass or super cool. There are always someone bigger and stronger in this world. It's all about training hard and training smart. I know Dnzts and CFD (and many others in this forum) knows their sh&t and just trying to have some fun.

for example, this guy trains at my gym. http://www.flickr.com/photos/america...n/photostream/
I am very much well aware there are bigger/stronger people out there. I'm not wanting or trying to be the strongest. I train for my application (fighting). Everyone has different goals and different focuses. Props to you for your strength level, which is impressive and respectable.

I take exception to the fact that I thought you were asking for real advice (shame on me) and trying to give you some info, which you followed up with by basically mocking me.

And people wonder why I'm a jerk when I do try to give honest, helpful advice, I get mocked for it.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #192
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I am very much well aware there are bigger/stronger people out there. I'm not wanting or trying to be the strongest. I train for my application (fighting). Everyone has different goals and different focuses.

I take exception to the fact that I thought you were asking for real advice (shame on me) and trying to give you some info, which you followed up with by basically mocking me.

And people wonder why I'm a jerk when I do try to give honest, helpful advice, I get mocked for it.
its all good friend. We are all here for the same thing. i like to hear everyone's input on training. i am glad to see so many of us that actually take it serious.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #193
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
I am very much well aware there are bigger/stronger people out there. I'm not wanting or trying to be the strongest. I train for my application (fighting). Everyone has different goals and different focuses. Props to you for your strength level, which is impressive and respectable.

No, your advice is correct. I was asking for real advice, but you never asked me my level of training, you assumed I was a beginner. The point there is that whether you are just starting out, or an advanced lifter, the same rules apply. To get bigger and stronger, you are going to have to consume a lot of calories and lift heavy weights. The word "heavy" is relative to your size and strength. To gain lean muscle, takes more time and more control of your diet and routine. Doesn't matter if you are 125 lbs or 275 lbs.

Also, like you said, we are all lifting with different goals, if yours is fighting, you need speed and cardio more than power/strength. So you train that way. There was no disrespect implied, and if it was taken that way, I do apologize.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 AM   #194
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I'm sure they got a ton of them on here..lol

Hopefully they don't kill themselves.
Yes, I have been in many. It really takes a toll on your body. I have a lot of respect for those heavyweights. It's a sport where the right body type does have some advantages.

here are a couple of me competing in 2010.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 AM   #195
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I work out about 3-4 times a week to stay healthy, active, and in shape. As far as exercise i do pushups, situps, pull ups, running, weight lifting, and boxing classes.

What areas are you trying to work out ladies? If you need tips and motivation just ask we're here to help.

If you go to the gym what type of work out plan are you on?

Guys how much can you bench? (bragging rights)

Post pictures if you have any aswell. So many people in America today that's out of shape these days. I feel if you try to exercise and watch your calories what you eat we all can be healthy and happy.
What's up bro?... As for me and the gym I am going on almost a year other than getting in a run on my own every day. Last December I thought I was 21 again and tried to do some heave military presses and heard a bad pop. It turns out after months of pain and praying it would go away I have a sever tear in my rotator cuff. I go in for surgery in 3 weeks. I actually had to cancel the insurance on my Camaro because I could no longer shift it.

What sucks is this is the second time that heavy lifting has put me under the knife. 10 years ago I had to have a spinal fusion and laminectomy back surgery. This was caused from heavy squats and dead lifting. It turns out I had some degenerate disks in my back that lead to that, but I help speed up the need for medical attention at a young age (26).
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #196
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
What's up bro?... As for me and the gym I am going on almost a year other than getting in a run on my own every day. Last December I thought I was 21 again and tried to do some heave military presses and heard a bad pop. It turns out after months of pain and praying it would go away I have a sever tear in my rotator cuff. I go in for surgery in 3 weeks. I actually had to cancel the insurance on my Camaro because I could no longer shift it.

What sucks is this is the second time that heavy lifting has put me under the knife. 10 years ago I had to have a spinal fusion and laminectomy back surgery. This was caused from heavy squats and dead lifting. It turns out I had some degenerate disks in my back that lead to that, but I help speed up the need for medical attention at a young age (26).
Heeey bro longtime..no talk! i'm good busy with school and work good to see you on here again. I'm sorry to hear you have a severe tear in your rotator cuff. Hopefully you get well soon. Keep your head up!! you'll survive tell the family hi for me. and hang in their buddy!

Are you taking any medications or vitamins to help? Becareful man take things one day at a time. I hope this doesn't happen again. :(
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote