Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
JeffHudgensMD

Drives: 2013 RS Camaro (2 LT)
Warning light on rearview mirror???

Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 2 LT

I had a red exclamation mark pop up on my rearview mirror a couple of times... Since it doesn't stay on permanently, I haven't been able to snap a picture for you guys... In the pic below, there is a red exclamation mark where I have photoshopped one in. The other Lights are NOT on when the warning light comes on (I just left them there for position).

The first time it popped up I called Onstar.... They did a diagnostic and said it was a hardware malfunction, take it to the dealer. The dealer said, they had to call GM support on it because they didn't know what it meant. It came up as a code "U1804". For the print out they gave me, see the 2nd pic. Note: Onstar told me it was a HARDware issue, the service tech incorrectly entered my complaint as a SOFTware issue.

Even though they said it wouldn't come back, it did pop up once more... But I haven't seen it since.

Has anyone seen or heard of this????
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffHudgensMD; 10-20-2012 at 06:21 PM.
JeffHudgensMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
are you talking about your back up warning lights?

edit: nevermind, your pictures are showing up now. Never seen that one before.

Last edited by Silver-SS; 10-20-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have only seen it once since having my car. I think it is your final warning before backing into something.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
JeffHudgensMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-SS View Post
are you talking about your back up warning lights?
On the 13's the backup camera has moved from the mirror down to the radio/gps screen
Old 10-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHudgensMD View Post
On the 13's the backup camera has moved from the mirror down to the radio/gps screen
I have seen it in my rear view mirror like I said one time. I just assumed it wasa final warning....
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Xakov

Drives: 2013 Black 2LT/RS
I had this pop up on mine when we were on a road trip in Tennessee, from the research I did, it looks like it comes on when you don't have a connection to OnStar, which would make sense, since we were in some mountain passes when it happened.
Xakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xakov View Post
I had this pop up on mine when we were on a road trip in Tennessee, from the research I did, it looks like it comes on when you don't have a connection to OnStar, which would make sense, since we were in some mountain passes when it happened.
That sounds logical, my Vue has a light beside the OnStar Button that is Green when OnStar signal was present. The Camaro dosen't have one.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
JeffHudgensMD

Quote:
This last time I thought the Onstar light and the exclamation mark both came on...only caught a glimpse of it... before I took it to the dealership only the exclamation mark came on for sure.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Why does that look like a copy and paste exclamation point?
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
JeffHudgensMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL-Bee View Post
Why does that look like a copy and paste exclamation point?
Please read the post...

"I had a red exclamation mark pop up on my rearview mirror a couple of times... Since it doesn't stay on permanently, I haven't been able to snap a picture for you guys... In the pic below, there is a red exclamation mark where I have photoshopped one in. The other Lights are NOT on when the warning light comes on (I just left them there for position)."
Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Since you have the new frameless mirror I can't help with that but on the older mirrors if you have the Ontar service there is green light and when something with Onstar malfunctions it turns red.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHudgensMD View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a 2013 2 LT

I had a red exclamation mark pop up on my rearview mirror a couple of times... Since it doesn't stay on permanently, I haven't been able to snap a picture for you guys... In the pic below, there is a red exclamation mark where I have photoshopped one in. The other Lights are NOT on when the warning light comes on (I just left them there for position).

The first time it popped up I called Onstar.... They did a diagnostic and said it was a hardware malfunction, take it to the dealer. The dealer said, they had to call GM support on it because they didn't know what it meant. It came up as a code "U1804". For the print out they gave me, see the 2nd pic. Note: Onstar told me it was a HARDware issue, the service tech incorrectly entered my complaint as a SOFTware issue.

Even though they said it wouldn't come back, it did pop up once more... But I haven't seen it since.

Has anyone seen or heard of this????
I just checked my resources and I am showing that the "!" is indicating that there is some sort of problem present. Was the dealership able to resolve the concern for you?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
nitrorcr1787

Drives: 2012 2SS
I can swear that one time the word Video came on. Only saw it once a couple of days after I bought the car.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
I have to agree. I just retro-fitted a 2013 mirror in my car. The red OnStar symbol and Exclamation come on when I first start the car as it establishes a signal. I did have it come on in a remote area of the mountains during a cruise.
It's possible the light and the trouble code are not related.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote