Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #29
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
So a person could get one, place an order the next (or same) day, then use it if the car came in in time?

If you scored one ,the offer was usually only good for 15 days (at the most) up until the last time around in June/July. June's offers carried into July.

That was cutting it close on a June 15 purchase and July 31st delivery. Those that had one ordered already and snagged an offer got real lucky.
NOTE: THESE OFFERS WERE ONLY ON 2013 MODELS-NOT TOWARDS 2014s.

I was surprised any extra money popped up during that time frame, since the rebate increased from 1000.00 to 1500.00 during that same period.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #30
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJSolar View Post
I picked out the car I wanted from a certain dealership, put a deposit on it over the phone, and the finance dept. was going to draw up the paperwork that night. I went online that evening at home to build one and double check the price vs. options I was getting, and the offer popped up. I printed it and called the dealership the next morning. Woman in finance dept. said it was good...she had to redo all the paperwork.

Reload the paper, put in the new number and reprint the papers. Beautiful gift from GM to you.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #31
JC6

Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Question

No luck this weekened, maybe by the 20th of the month GM will get a few out...
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #32
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I really prefer to get one before the 20th. This is dumb.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #33
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I HAVE DONE THAT! But I don't want to delete the history and stuff every single time I refresh the page... what do you mean inbetween tries? And I have used Chrome and IE9. No luck.
I would build a car and click through inventory search. If I didn't get the private offer popup, I would clear history, close the browser and try again. Maybe I just got lucky but this is what I did and got the offer 3 different times. I had read you needed to pick SS when building the car, so that's what I did. When I got the popup, it happened without too may tries - maybe less than 10. Again, that was early this year.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #34
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
I did the page refresh about 50 times each on internet explorer & Firefox and got nothing. The Internet Explorer was fresh & cleared of cookies, history, and etc. pop up blockers were off on both browsers. Tried building cars & got nothing. I will keep trying and try all methods mentioned, hoping to have better luck after the 15th.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
JC6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePhoenix View Post
I did the page refresh about 50 times each on internet explorer & Firefox and got nothing. The Internet Explorer was fresh & cleared of cookies, history, and etc. pop up blockers were off on both browsers. Tried building cars & got nothing. I will keep trying and try all methods mentioned, hoping to have better luck after the 15th.
If GM is offering this private offer than they should make it easyer to get...
Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #36
bluBlud

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC6 View Post
If GM is offering this private offer than they should make it easyer to get...
So true - after getting the first one and seeing it expire, I was dead set on getting another before buying the car. That and the rebate are what made me buy off the lot instead of ordering.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #37
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
So true - after getting the first one and seeing it expire, I was dead set on getting another before buying the car. That and the rebate are what made me buy off the lot instead of ordering.

Here's a thought: How about asking the dealer if they have any "GM private offers" available, or can match it on their own?

Was in the same boat as you all, and did the above, another cool grand saved. Between GM credit card earnings, $1500 extra if buying existing stock, and the private offer, I saved $4550 on my purchase. Doesn't hurt to ask...
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #38
JC6

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Here's a thought: How about asking the dealer if they have any "GM private offers" available, or can match it on their own?

Was in the same boat as you all, and did the above, another cool grand saved. Between GM credit card earnings, $1500 extra if buying existing stock, and the private offer, I saved $4550 on my purchase. Doesn't hurt to ask...
I here you! Still ask!, than pull out a private offer of $1000 would better yet!!! Has anyone got a private offer this month yet???
Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #39
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC6 View Post
I here you! Still ask!, than pull out a private offer of $1000 would better yet!!! Has anyone got a private offer this month yet???
That's a great question.
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #40
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluBlud View Post
I would build a car and click through inventory search. If I didn't get the private offer popup, I would clear history, close the browser and try again. Maybe I just got lucky but this is what I did and got the offer 3 different times. I had read you needed to pick SS when building the car, so that's what I did. When I got the popup, it happened without too may tries - maybe less than 10. Again, that was early this year.
I built a 2LT when i got mine last month, so that isn't true. I don't know.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #41
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post

what is GM credit card earnings?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #42
Egon

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
what is GM credit card earnings?
There is a GM credit card you can apply for and the standard one has earnings of 5% of your spending towards a GM vehicle. There are limits to what you can earn in a year and how long the earnings last. There are also limits on what you can redeem towards a car. It varies by model, the 2013/2014 Camaro is $1500 I believe. The cool thing about the card is they will at times send out “Top Offs” where they will max out your earnings if you use it towards a car within the specified time frame of the Top Off. (if you don’t use it, it goes poof) That is how the new card works, the original card works a bit different. It is still 5% of your spending, and you are still limited to a certain amount you can earn per year and your earnings still fall off after a certain time frame. However you can earn up to I believe $4000 that you can apply towards a purchase. That card is no longer available though, but if you have one like that you are grandfathered under the original agreement. These earnings stack with pretty much every other offer though so it’s very nice especially if you get one of the Top Off’s.
Egon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
$1000, gm incentive, offer, private, refresh