Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #71
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
We're not saying a similar color won't be offered, but if you're expecting to get yours in "Bumblebee Yellow" and expect it to look like a flawless clone, you'll be disappointed (for more reasons other than the color, obviously). Close, maybe, but we don't want anyone to get their hopes up for the EXACT color.
Thanks stovt001 for the reply...I know I said "It would be extremely stupid of GM" not to offer a color close to Bumblebee's yellow however the wording is a bit harsh considering yellow has never been a very popular color. However thanks to Transformers that may change when it is released. What exact color are the stripes found on the Bumblebee? I know the yellow is Valspar's Sunrise, however what paint are the stripes? Thanks..

I like the atomic orange color that can be bought for $300 extra when ordering a Vette... That's the color all the way to the right in the pic below. How expensive can it be to manufacture an "Atomic Yellow" which makes the yellow all the way in the back of the pic a metallic color and a little darker. However at this point in time, I'll take what I can get. Silver will probably be the most popular color as always and perhaps Yellow will be in second or third thanks to Transformers if it does look similar enough and is not Velocity Yellow which is too bright. However taking a look at this list, yellow is the least popular color..lol.. I do hope GM has taken into consideration how great the car looks in Bumblebee yellow and at the very least attempted to find a cheaper alternative in the price range of "atomic orange" found on the Vette..

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....subject=colors

But who knows at this point besides GM and they haven't told us anything about the color's offered officially.

After comparing the pictures (and I have seen Bumblebee in person) I still like the Bumblebee yellow many times better. Oh well..But as you can see atomic orange is closer to the color than velocity yellow is.

Last edited by Supermans; 06-27-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #72
bowtiedriver

Drives: 2009 WhiteHot G8 Gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
I want this color:

the back end of this car is sweet, I would like to take one with that rear end treatment. Looks clean and aggressive. Good job
bowtiedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #73
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
i'm for sure going the charcoal gray color (whatever it's called) with some orange thick ass stripes, or a single center stripe with pin stripes. the reverse of either of these basically

8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 AM   #74
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
i'm for sure going the charcoal gray color (whatever it's called) with some orange thick ass stripes, or a single center stripe with pin stripes. the reverse of either of these basically

This grabber orange color is great. Wish it was offered for the Camaro...
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #75
YOUNG_DEE

Drives: Mazda Protege
it would make sense that GM would use existing colors that are on their other chevy vehicles... If this were the case It would be a tough choice between the dark blue metalic because blue is my favorite color... the deep ruby metalic because I love the contrast of the gold bowtie and the deep red paint... or the blue granite metalic becuase again blue is my favorite color and its a little more unique i dont think many people would chooses that color also with a lighter color you can see the body lines better... black leather with any color that i choose
YOUNG_DEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #76
playhard67
come to poppa

Drives: 67RS,09 Harley FLHX
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNG_DEE View Post
it would make sense that GM would use existing colors that are on their other chevy vehicles... If this were the case It would be a tough choice between the dark blue metalic because blue is my favorite color... the deep ruby metalic because I love the contrast of the gold bowtie and the deep red paint... or the blue granite metalic becuase again blue is my favorite color and its a little more unique i dont think many people would chooses that color also with a lighter color you can see the body lines better... black leather with any color that i choose
Welcome to Camaro5...here's the official color selection by Chevy for the Camaro:

http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/explorecamaro/gallery/

There's also a thread on this site that Dragoneye started which shows his representation of the colors on V6 versions.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5674

The Imperial Blue Metallic may the color you are looking for?

Cancelled the 2010 SS/RS (for now) and bought this instead (2009 Harley FLHX)
playhard67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #77
jm5877

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
and the bumblebee gold will not be offered to the public
In some thread I swear there was a run down of Camaro facts, and it said that a "Bumblebee Package" would be offered in 2010, probably for 2011 model year. I would ask Camaro Scotty to be sure though.

2002 Coupe - V6 (Black/Ebony)

Previous Camaros:

1984 Sport Coupe - 4cyl (White/Blue)
1993 Coupe - V6 (Black/Charcoal)
1999 Coupe - V6 (Black/Charcoal)

Future Camaro:

2010 LT/RS Coupe - V6 (Black/Neutral)
jm5877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #78
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm5877 View Post
In some thread I swear there was a run down of Camaro facts, and it said that a "Bumblebee Package" would be offered in 2010, probably for 2011 model year. I would ask Camaro Scotty to be sure though.
GM was asked about it in one of the chats about it the day after the reveal, and they said something to the affect that they were working on it, but did not have anything to reveal at the time....

wareagle900: Will there be any other color choices? bumblebee perhaps?

JohnFitzpatrick: We have 10 colors available for the Camaro. Go to Chevy.com/Camaro under "gallery" to view available colors. Regarding Bumblebee, stay tuned..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...97&postcount=1

I think that is the closest thing to anything definitive to this point.....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #79
jm5877

Drives: 2002 Chevrolet Camaro (Black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrcr View Post
Mine will be black like my avatar, or red (reverse my avatar) or orange/black or blue.....I may have to buy more than I can pay for... so many colors look good on the Camaro, can we get GM to make them change colors--like the photoshoppers are doing with the pix?
seriously, black/red/black.
Dude, I think your signature pic is badass. I always loved that look on the '69s. Very clean and simple with just a slight touch of personality...AWESOME! IMO, they should have those wheels/caps available on the base LS.

2002 Coupe - V6 (Black/Ebony)

Previous Camaros:

1984 Sport Coupe - 4cyl (White/Blue)
1993 Coupe - V6 (Black/Charcoal)
1999 Coupe - V6 (Black/Charcoal)

Future Camaro:

2010 LT/RS Coupe - V6 (Black/Neutral)
jm5877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:12 PM   #80
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I know that Valspar's Sunrise is very costly paint, however something similar to the color wouldn't or shouldn't be out of the question. Yellow is always a color option, however velocity yellow is too bright.. Taxi Cab yellow is closer to the Bumblebee color without the metallics.. However almost every paint nowadays is metallic which leads me to why a metallic orange/yellow can't be produced that is similar and cost about the same as red metallic or orange metallic for example..
Sunrise paint isnt too costly. Its about $65 a quart, you would need about 8 quarts for a whole car, if you plan on doing door jams and everything. It's painted over white. So buy a white car, and the paint would be about $520, and then find yourself a good painter
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #81
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
If I do buy one I will get Yellow.

But I would like to see some fresh color options. They need some Kameleon and Hot Rod Flatz options from House of Color.

Another cool color I would like to see is Aztec Gold.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #82
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
Sunrise paint isnt too costly. Its about $65 a quart, you would need about 8 quarts for a whole car, if you plan on doing door jams and everything. It's painted over white. So buy a white car, and the paint would be about $520, and then find yourself a good painter
Thanks pink Since white isn't offered at first, should I simply order yellow and have the valspar Sunrise paint painted over that or it has to be white first?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #83
big_dog
Future Z28 Owner.

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
the inferno orange has features that the others don't, thats what i'm getting

i forgot where i saw the details, but if i find them, i will post them

Last edited by big_dog; 09-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.
big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote