Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
XTREMESS

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS SYNERGY GREEN MET
looks looks like rail dust from train transporting.
polish it with a claybar and rewax it it'll be fine.
if you can't do it...take it to the dealer maybe you can talk them in to polishing it for you.
its just on top off the paint
XTREMESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #30
FYRFTR02

Drives: Silverado
Perhaps rail dust or you may be parking the vehicle where it is being exposed to the polution caused by a faulty dust colector sysyem. When collector bags fail the metallic particles are exhausted into the surroundin area and land on autos. When it rains the metallic particles rust up immediately.
FYRFTR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #31
71cam

Drives: 71cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvor View Post
Its just crap from the first rain, probably some crap off the asfault flying up from tires too, and trees nearbye also. I have never had this happen with my other silver cars, thats why it seemed like rust. Today I looked at it with a 10x Jeweler's loupe, and it looks to be ontop of the paint, so I have spent my day claying it, only half done, and I bought some Meguiar's NXT Wax, hopefully that will protect it a little better. That crap is everywhere, and doesn't come off easily. Thanks for all the responses!
Well any update?
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #32
DukeofNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to DukeofNY
somthing similiar happend to my old corvette (fiberglass) it had to do with wet dead leaves and the rain sitting on the car, ended up selling it b4 i could get the junk off

DukeofNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #33
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Are you sure thats rust?

I think it's pollen from trees or tall grass.

Rust would only be evident like posted if you were running well water without softener.

My car had the exact same symptoms as pictured. It was pollen from the pine trees over my driveway. When the sprinklers hit my car the water beaded up and then the pollen drifted on the car and only attached itself to the wetspots.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #34
SS-screamer

Drives: SIM RS/SS L99
If youpark under a carport they will sometimes collect dew, rain and drip in the car. Any vegetative matter collecting on top of the carport will hold the water and stain it. Also, if it is an old carport then maybe it is rusting and dripping rust stained water onto the car.
SS-screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #35
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
seeing that your from tustin, all i can think of is the extra windy days in late september/early october in which it was all over the news that the winds were kicking up all the ash leftover from the summer brush fires and was in the air all over L.A and Orange Counties and ETREMELY BAD IN RIVERSIDE COUNTIY. If you leave ash on a car and morning dew sets on top of it afterwards, it will do that to your paint.

I would get the car detailed. Its worth the $150 (or if you have the know how and time to clay, polish,glaze, and then wax your car)

Ive seen worse contamination on paint come off than what you have on your 'maro right now

I wouldnt be too worried. But you definitely need to get the car detailed. Its not anything defective with the paint, that looks more like something from the environment that contaminated the paint

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #36
WySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 CGM A9125214
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker View Post
Could be rust from rail dust- when the cars get transported by rail, small particles of iron from the wheels of the train cars get airborne and land on anything in the area. If they are hot, they sometimes embed themselves in the paint. The best solution is to clay the car- it's probably what the dealer will do.
+1 I say its rail dust also and the solution is to clay bar it.
WySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #37
WICKEDSS
Dan

Drives: THE BEAST
+1 rail dust.....Like 85% of out cars come in with rail dust on them and it wont come off just by washing it. Like others say you need to clay bar the piss out of it and then wax or buff it, My car had the same stuff on it and its IOM but came off with some TLC
WICKEDSS is offline   Reply With Quote