Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #925
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I think you all are reading this wrong. There is no change in the v6 engine's output. They simply had it certified and the same engine as in 2010 is now "rated" at 312 by SEMA. No change in power.
You've gotten your accronyms mixed up. SEMA is the Specialty Equipment Market Association. SAE is the Society of Automotive Engineers and they are the ones who rated the engines.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #926
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You've gotten your accronyms mixed up. SEMA is the Specialty Equipment Market Association. SAE is the Society of Automotive Engineers and they are the ones who rated the engines.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #927
Zdld17

Drives: 1969 Z28
Is this the Silver Ice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
Newbie here, was just kicking tires at the dealership this weekend. Seems to be this color is hard to find with black stripes in a 2SS car. I was hoping for my last go round, that I could find a 5th gen camaro like my current 1st gen. Seems the green is a little too for me at this time. Then I heard about the 2011 cars coming out later this year? Then I heard about the huffer package on the new motors. Hey, its worth the wait.
Zdld17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #928
SS Blue Betty RS
Amber

Drives: 2010 1SS RS Camaro w/ crazy exhaust
This is freaking rediculous! They've had a year to get recommendations and all they do is add a HUD device (which is friggin sweet BTW, wish they had them for the 2010) Synergy Green on the V8, and a HP kick (always a plus).
How about powered passenger seats, upgraded radio display (come on..the freakin Challenger has a touch screen that's voice activated), optional upgrades; spoilers, halo colors, colored bowties.
Geeeezeee.......

What ever happened to them coming out with the convertibles for 2011..?

Last edited by SS Blue Betty RS; 07-20-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: convertibles?
SS Blue Betty RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #929
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blue Betty RS View Post
This is freaking rediculous! They've had a year to get recommendations and all they do is add a HUD device (which is friggin sweet BTW, wish they had them for the 2010) Synergy Green on the V8, and a HP kick (always a plus).
How about powered passenger seats, upgraded radio display (come on..the freakin Challenger has a touch screen that's voice activated), optional upgrades; spoilers, halo colors, colored bowties.
Geeeezeee.......

It's only it's second year of production. Major changes are most unlikely. There a more than normal already. IMHO. Plus many of those upgrade cost lots of money that's why the Challenger cost more but has less HP and weighs more. IMO the 2010 and 2011 models are right where they need to be in every aspect. The convertible will be out in 2011, later on in the model year I believe thats the latest.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #930
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
2 bankruptcies. GM's and one of their key suppliers for the soft top.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:36 PM   #931
wan712mc
2010ss,94z,83z,79c

Drives: 1994 z28 camaro/2010ss
i was jokin about changin the "POP UP" roof. just do not like it. well you say they tried different things--for 30k, 40k, and some are payin 50k plus, why not a roof panel like the "vette".
wan712mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #932
Hooper
Camaroholic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M
I say do the T-Tops baby. That would be so cool - on a retro level...
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #933
Hooper
Camaroholic

Quote:
Geeeezeee.......

Actually the 2011 has more than usual additions since it is the 2nd year. Also, keep in mind that although the stuff you are talking about is pretty cool stuff, muscle cars historically are not made for the fluff. They have always been about the horses, looks, sounds, and slammin gears. Plus - the Challenger is 46K, slower and worse MPG.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #934
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
Actually the 2011 has more than usual additions since it is the 2nd year. Also, keep in mind that although the stuff you are talking about is pretty cool stuff, muscle cars historically are not made for the fluff. They have always been about the horses, looks, sounds, and slammin gears. Plus - the Challenger is 46K, slower and worse MPG.
You're talking about the SRT8. An automatic 2010 R/T puts down just as much powers to the wheels, is only about 100 pounds heavier and when given the electronics package..has a better stereo and features than a 1SS L99..for just a few bucks cheaper! Just about $110 to be exact.

But thats besides the point.

Last edited by ViperTomcat; 08-02-2010 at 10:07 AM.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #935
Hooper
Camaroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
You're talking about the SRT8. An automatic 2010 R/T puts down just as much powers to the wheels, is only about 100 pounds heavier and when given the electronics package..has a better stereo and features than a 1SS L99..for just a few bucks cheaper! Just about $110 to be exact.

But thats besides the point.
You know I have been wondering about that. All the reviews and comparisons I have read about the Challenger have said that the RT is not close to the SRT8 in power or handling. The 1/4 times are very different too. This is all according to what i have read - but then I talked to a guy who said the RT is really just as fast. What gives? Sorry to hijack the thread - this shoudl probably be discusssed in the vs. forums...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM   #936
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
You know I have been wondering about that. All the reviews and comparisons I have read about the Challenger have said that the RT is not close to the SRT8 in power or handling. The 1/4 times are very different too. This is all according to what i have read - but then I talked to a guy who said the RT is really just as fast. What gives? Sorry to hijack the thread - this shoudl probably be discusssed in the vs. forums...
PM me and we'll chat.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:58 AM   #937
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Exclamation **HURST SHIFTER OPTION 2011 MODEL**

Hi Folks,
I have traveled to various Chevrolet dealerships from Central California to Southern California looking at new 2011 2SS's on the lots. I have yet to see any cars with the new Hurst Shifter option. Has anyone bought a 2011 with the shifter installed at the factory, has anyone seen one installed from the factory on the lot yet? Third question... is there any additional badging on the car saying it is Hurst Shifter equipped? I read somewhere that the shifter boot might have a little Hurst "H" pin affixed to it. Any photos or first hand knowledge appreciated. I am so close to being able to order mine I can taste it. This economy is rough. I am hoping the GM Gods can find a way to help us poor Camaro buyers out by doing some lower interest loans. Hint Hint!!!

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #938
willie2323

Drives: 2LT/RS/Jwlcoat, 20" polished
my 2 cents on what is missing on our 2010 LT2...
make the spare tire the default and the inflator the option
lumbar and power in the LT2 drivers seat
a nice performance package (gears, suspension, wheels, etc) like the mustang offering

speaking of performance...anyone know HOW they bumped the V6 power up? cold air??

cheers,

Bill
willie2323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 chevrolet camaro, 2011 chevy camaro, trolls