Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #15
Babybyler15

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
I keep thinking theres a flow chart to trouble shoot the knock code issues too.
Maybe in the manual (which i don't have.)
Anybody?
The symptoms and issues are so big of a spectrum it’s hard to figure out, it’s either your car’s actually knocking, bad knock sensor, bad wiring, or bad ECM and it just ends there. Hahah. Been going around circles for the last two months
Old 01-28-2021, 10:10 PM   #16
Babybyler15

Quote:
You would likely never hear the knock since the computers lightning fast at adjustment to keep from blowing holes in pistons on an 11.5:1 (!) compression motor.
Some swear by walnut blasting with the intake off but i just do a little CRC upper cleaning before every oil change. Youtube a vid to see how it works and good luck.
Funny you say that cause I got the CEL code RIGHT after doing an oil change, I know it’s too far unlikely for that to be the cause but I never use cheap oil, always double check it’s the right kind and am always thorough. I’ll check out the CRC and keep ya updated, Thank you!
Old 01-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #17
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
At anytime was the car low on oil?

If the cam phasers aren't properly lubricated as in low oil level, timing will suffer.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:00 PM   #18
Babybyler15

Quote:

If the cam phasers aren't properly lubricated as in low oil level, timing will suffer.
No I always keep the oil in check, I just got a gm recommended ACDELCO knock sensor because a mechanic at the dealership said gm doesn’t like aftermarket sensors much, installed it today and still p0325 poppin’ up after driving it, turning it off and letting it sit then turning it back on. I’m lost and my last thought is the ECM but don’t wanna resort to buying a $300 computer and then another $150 to get it programmed!!
Old 02-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #19
Babybyler15

Quote:

No I always keep the oil in check, I just got a gm recommended ACDELCO knock sensor because a mechanic at the dealership said gm doesn’t like aftermarket sensors much, installed it today and still p0325 poppin’ up after driving it, turning it off and letting it sit then turning it back on. I’m lost and my last thought is the ECM but don’t wanna resort to buying a $300 computer and then another $150 to get it programmed!!
Old 02-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #20
Babybyler15

Dealership replaced ecm, still no fix. I replaced the individual wires not the entire wiring harness. Read somewhere that the knock sensor wires need to be shielded, they don’t look shielded but I supposed the combination of all the other wires coming from ecm could shield if from unwanted frequencies. Does anyone think since I routed the new wires differently that they would need shielded? If so how would I go about doing so?
Old 02-12-2021, 10:20 PM   #21
Babybyler15

Problem solved!

After scrolling through the camaro maintenance manual I purchased recently, I came across something that struck my attention, it identified the bank 1 o2 sensor was on the same side as cylinder 1. After finding the firing order for the 3.6L. I found out that unlike the v8, the v6’s cylinder 1 is on the passenger side of the engine.... all the research I was doing has been telling me bank 1 was drivers side for ever scenario. So when I got home, I got it on ramps and switched out the aftermarket knock sensor I installed weeks ago with a gm recommended ACDELCO KS. Sure enough, timing was fixed, no CEL, no hesitation, the car came back to life! This entire time I was focused on the driver side wiring and sensor.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:49 AM   #22
co14camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Glad you got it figured out!
co14camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
knock sensor, p0330, p0335, wire harness, wiring