Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-03-2016, 02:22 AM   #99
SuperNova

Drives: SS12
Excellency ,, something amazing
SuperNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #100
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
It's been a while. I have been running 92 octane for the last 7 months. Before, when I ran 87, I couldn't tell any difference between Auto and Sport mode. The 92 has made a noticeable difference with Sport mode. I have now justified the Overkill tune price, and I will be paying for it in March. Maybe I will have it logged and installed in April. More to come...
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #101
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
You will love it! Huge improvement!

Check out my YouTube channel if you have any troubles with the setup or logging procedure but I think you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:22 PM   #102
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

^ Thank you.

Here's a video I did of my exhaust with a new external microphone. I also mounted the iPod on a GoPro suction cup mount so you can see the speedo & tach.

While the external mic is picking up the sound better than the iPod one, neither one really sounds like the exhaust does in the cabin. I think that it sounds better in person than in the video. Listen through headphones for best sound. There is some decel popping going on too that is not normally heard in cabin.

When the Overkill Autocal tune loader gets here (it literally just got delivered!) and I get a tune, I will do another video to see if there is any change in the exhaust sound.

Last edited by yzark99; 04-01-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: who says I need a reason?
Old 04-08-2017, 10:34 AM   #103
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Don't be in a hurry if you order an Overkill tune. I paid with PayPal, and Will sat on the money for 2 weeks before shipping the hand-held device. It then sat in Customs for 3 days. I logged my stock tunes and emailed them to Will the same day that I got the package. It has now been another week and nothing. Monday will be a month since I paid.
(edit) I received my tunes on Tuesday. Bitching does work. Planning on a before/after driving test video Wed night.

Last edited by yzark99; 04-11-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: magic
Old 04-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #104
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Overkill Tunes Driving Test

The throttle feels maybe 10% lighter. The biggest improvement in this area came from the hi-fi cats that I installed previously. The RPMs are now getting up to 5500, where they were nearly impossible to get above 4000 before. What difference, if any, this makes I have no idea. The exhaust sounds like a buzzy ricer at WOT inside the cabin now: which is not good.

Overall, not a dramatic improvement in the 0-60 mph range; but definitely worth more than a CAI in sound and performance. I probably need to get over to the freeway to do some 0-70 pulls. Time to start logging to see if some improvements can be made.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #105
surgtech2006

Drives: 2012 2LS LFX
Send a message via Yahoo to surgtech2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post

...The RPMs are now getting up to 5500, where they were nearly impossible to get above 4000 before...

I am completely stock on my 2012 LFX and I go over 4000 RPM easily, enough to peg out the speed limiter at 112MPH. Might you be having some other issue that would keep it from topping 4K prior to the tune?

Jerry

2012 Victory Red LFX 6A Tints... More to come...
surgtech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 AM   #106
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzark99 View Post

The throttle feels maybe 10% lighter. The biggest improvement in this area came from the hi-fi cats that I installed previously. The RPMs are now getting up to 5500, where they were nearly impossible to get above 4000 before. What difference, if any, this makes I have no idea. The exhaust sounds like a buzzy ricer at WOT inside the cabin now: which is not good.

Overall, not a dramatic improvement in the 0-60 mph range; but definitely worth more than a CAI in sound and performance. I probably need to get over to the freeway to do some 0-70 pulls. Time to start logging to see if some improvements can be made.

It will take a few logs to see big improvements that way he can dial things in. It's not a once and done thing since you only take a few minutes worth of readings at a time.

It'll get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #107
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Quote:
I am completely stock on my 2012 LFX and I go over 4000 RPM easily, enough to peg out the speed limiter at 112MPH
What tranny do you have, auto or annoying? What RPMs are you getting below 60 mph? Most of the highways and freeways around here have a limit of 55. It's 25 minutes to get to a 65 zone, and over 2 hours to get to a 75 one. I believe the fastest I have had it up to was around 80; but that was in another state and my exhaust was screaming at twice the normal volume which was so distracting that I forgot to look at the tach. Since it rarely gets even half-way, I almost never look at it while driving.

I have no plans to take it to a track, and getting caught on the street @ 100 around here is a multi-grand ticket plus license seizure. It may get on a dyno next year after I get some tires that won't explode at 118.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #108
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

More driving tests on a beautiful day in Oregon. I saw 4 cops, and got blocked by semis twice, so plans were interrupted several times.

The exhaust sounds better if I don't stand so far on the pedal. I also completed some logging for future tune revisions.
Old 09-12-2020, 01:03 PM   #109
Stinger85

Drives: Yellow
Hey on your CAI did you install a Throttle body spacer or a new throttle body? Excellent work by the way.
Stinger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:55 AM   #110
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

^Vmax ported throttle body, no spacer. Spacers are snake oil, at least on the LFX.

Tags
cool, madness, mods, upgrades, yzark99