Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #15
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
For what it is worth, I have a Monster Triple LT1-SC rated at 1500hp in my vette. It has been nothing but great. When I had to pull everything to replace the driveshaft, I sent some pics and measurements to Monster to see how the clutch looked. They got back with me and said it had about 50% life left but could not give me a time frame because everyone's driving habits are different.

I pulled it and sent it in for a rebuild because replacing a clutch in a vette is much more labor than in a camaro. The offer 1800 and 2000hp versions now. I asked about an upgrade and they said it could be done but to not over clutch the car. Since I was happy with how it performed, I had it rebuilt to 1500hp standards. Even after I go Kong 3100 with a future engine, I don't see myself making more than 1500whp and probably more likely 1200-1300 wheel. Total cost for the rebuild and with a new flywheel was $1300ish.

My 5th gen had a Street Slayer billet triple and it was a great clutch. If the vette didn't have a Monster when I bought it, I would have went Street Slayer in it.

TLDR: I vote Monster Triple LT1-SC
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Sorry, my bad.
No worries man.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #17
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I asked about an upgrade and they said it could be done but to not over clutch the car.
Heard this before cannot find a description. What does that mean? As in too aggressive of a clutch? Or just do not waste money on a clutch rated at 1500hp+ on a bone stock car lol.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote