Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 AM   #15
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
RI law you need a front plate. My dealer " Hey your plate is in the trunk. We know most Camaro owners don't want it installed. Let us know if you do." Hurd Chevrolet is great!
Same here when I got mine... No plate, its in trunk. So i mounted mine upside down with toggle bolts and no holes drilled.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 AM   #16
HashimAzzouz

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM ~ 2009 Traverse LT
you have to be diplomatic with this! don't take an action when you are in a state of madness!! take it easy take few days then go and speak to the manager there and explain your disappointment! Sure this will help...

Show us the pictures before and after would u!!!!
HashimAzzouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #17
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
put you hand in your grundle for like a an hour then when you see him, give him a sweet sweaty grundle handshake and put your arm arpound him.
Seriously ? :(

Internet warrior here.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #18
rick229

Drives: Camaro 2ss
New Jersey State Law

In the state of NJ statute 39:3-33 requires license plates on the front of every vehicle registered. Schumacher Chevrolet was following the law. In the long run you will be saving money because the tickets will mount up. At around $50 a pop it is going to get expensive so they did you a favor

Retired NJ Police Officer
rick229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexice1421 View Post
They should def get me a new bumper and its needs to be painted as well...i don't want to pay for any of that.

Your right I almost didn't take delivery and i guess thats where he decided to lie to me.
You may be able to get the painted plastic hole plugs and keep the factory painted bumper, or the body shops do a real good job of blending and clear coating small area's.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #20
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
That dealership has a pretty good reputation. Be calm and relaxed and ask them what your options are. Emphasize that they were wrong and you shouldn't be held responsible for this. I've been there and met the folks there. I think they'll work with you man. Just be calm.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
alexice1421

Drives: 2012 Chevy Corvette TR 2LT LS3 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick229 View Post
In the state of NJ statute 39:3-33 requires license plates on the front of every vehicle registered. Schumacher Chevrolet was following the law. In the long run you will be saving money because the tickets will mount up. At around $50 a pop it is going to get expensive so they did you a favor

Retired NJ Police Officer
You are absolutely correct...the law states that every vehicle has to have a front license plate...but the law doesn't state that the dealership selling someone a car must put a plate on their car

Alex Ristovic
Writer/Host/Producer/Podcast-er for The Heavy Foot...I love cars and I love talking about cars.

Check out our episodes on YoutTube

Please check out my site, The Heavy Foot
And please listen to our Podcast, new episodes every week.

Any feedback on site or podcast is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for future shows or what you would want to listen to, email here.
alexice1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #22
alexice1421

Drives: 2012 Chevy Corvette TR 2LT LS3 6spd
OK, so i talked with them today about the whole situation...and they are willing to do everything they can to fix the error that occurred on the car.

Unfortunately after having a nice discussion with my father...even tho i'm older he still gives out some good advise lol...he told me that i shouldn't do anything about it, that i might jinx myslef and ill start getting massive tickets lol

basically don't tempt faith...its on there for a reason and just let it stay on there. Instead schumacher chevy offered me my first service for free...so i willingly take back anything negative I said about them...and it shows that are a reputable Chevy dealer and are giving GM a good name

Alex Ristovic
Writer/Host/Producer/Podcast-er for The Heavy Foot...I love cars and I love talking about cars.

Check out our episodes on YoutTube

Please check out my site, The Heavy Foot
And please listen to our Podcast, new episodes every week.

Any feedback on site or podcast is welcomed. If you have any suggestions for future shows or what you would want to listen to, email here.
alexice1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #23
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Can I ask a stupid question? What is the big deal about the front plate? Just asking
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #24
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Can I ask a stupid question? What is the big deal about the front plate? Just asking
It is sort of an eye-sore and it takes away from the Camaro's beautiful lines. To the OP, unless you can handle paying $50.00+ tickets here in NJ every time you get pulled over, I would listen to your father man and leave the front license plate holder attached. Take all the precautions you can!!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #25
Cobra_Commander

Drives: 2011 Ford Shelby GT500
Quote:

I asked the general sales manager to not have the front license plate put on when i was ordering my car!! So when the car was coming in they were not suppose to put the plate on.

So when I went to see the car it had the front license plate on the car. He then proceeded to tell me that its mounted in from the bottom part of the bumper in the grille and that the holes will not be on the bumper, if i wanted to remove the plate.

So in believing him, I said ok, since i can take it on and off with out any damage to the front bumper then it might as well stay on for now.

So earlier today I start taking off my plate to see if there really are any holes on the bumper....and there were 4 rivets!!!!:mad 0260:

WTF...y would lie bout that, soooo it turns out the dealership had completely lied to me. I don't know what to do, I'm definitely calling them tomorrow and request to talk to the general manager. I dunno if I could contact GM if I have any rights in this matter, because I bought the car its not like I could take it back !?!?!

I'm just venting...I wanted to put this up so we could put Schumacher Chevrolet in Little Falls, NJ on the dealerships to stay away from list!

Call GM customer relations!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #26
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
OK, so i talked with them today about the whole situation...and they are willing to do everything they can to fix the error that occurred on the car.
basically don't tempt faith...its on there for a reason and just let it stay on there. Instead schumacher chevy offered me my first service for free..so i willingly take back anything negative I said about them...and it shows that are a reputable Chevy dealer and are giving GM a good name
Sounds like it was resolved professionally and with courtesy.
You decided to leave the plate bracket on, they are giving you free service.........Maybe you should change the title of your thread???? Just sayin......
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #27
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
put you hand in your grundle for like a an hour then when you see him, give him a sweet sweaty grundle handshake and put your arm arpound him.
Huh?
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #28
ncstatered21

Drives: 2004 Chevy S10 Crew Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
Sorry..that SUCKS!!!
I live in a state that doesn't requre a front plate...so I drive 2 hours to the dealer that had the car I wanted only to find it was imported from CT and has a front plate.
The dealer is filling the holes and repainting the bumper.. and doing it the right way.
So far my dealer,Hendrick Chevrolet in Cary NC,has been TOP NOTCH...unfortunately it is rare now days to find a dealer worth a hoot. :(
My father and I know the sales manager over there at Hendrick because we always use to take him BBQ when we cooked some. My dad was actually there for the opening of it that Hendrick location (actually had a personal invite). Great guy. I went over there one time to delivery some BBQ to him and asked him about how much a key fob would cost for my S10 because I had lost mine. We went in there and he had a bunch of key fobs from other cars and found one to work for my truck. They programmed and installed it on the spot. No charge for the fob (because it was an extra one) or for programming it. I live in Cary and have had nothing but good experiences there.

Future Camaro: 2SS, Red Jewel Tint, White Rally Stripe
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote