Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Looks like had a busy winter. Enjoy the ride.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahallfly View Post
haha! good work tho... reminds me of when i started a thread... Buy a supercharger or the girl some fake boobs. haha
Oh jeez, tough choice....both are fun to play with!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #17
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
[QUOTE=rahallfly;6404575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Yeah, I know, believe me, I tried for more....but I didn't really feel that I could afford alimony and child support on top of my small mod budget!!!

haha! good work tho... reminds me of when i started a thread... Buy a supercharger or the girl some fake boobs. haha
Lol always supercharger at least when it leaves your possession you can yank it off there and use it else where
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Did the fuel rails come with the proper fittings to connect up to the factory fuel line?
I've been wanting to get those as well just to make the engine less boring.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Dakota View Post
Did the fuel rails come with the proper fittings to connect up to the factory fuel line?
I've been wanting to get those as well just to make the engine less boring.
No, I bought all the fittings and hose separately from Summit, and then I built up the hoses myself. It's surprising how quickly the cost of the fittings adds up!!! I think I probably spent close to $100 on fittings and hose supplies. And that's the same reason I installed them, just to add a little color to the engine bay. Not really going to add any performance gains, but it sure looks good, no regrets.

IIRC, I think BBK sells a red fuel rail kit for the LS3 that does come with the crossover hose and the associated fittings. I don't believe their kit comes with the hose or fitting that actually attaches to the factory fuel line though. I know their crossover hose was a -6, I used -8 for all my hoses.....again, no big performance advantage either way I suppose.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #20
POS Dakota

Drives: GMs and Chryslers
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
No, I bought all the fittings and hose separately from Summit, and then I built up the hoses myself. It's surprising how quickly the cost of the fittings adds up!!! I think I probably spent close to $100 on fittings and hose supplies. And that's the same reason I installed them, just to add a little color to the engine bay. Not really going to add any performance gains, but it sure looks good, no regrets.
Yeah I know about the fittings. the fuel system on my truck cost me almost 2000 bucks alone. All aeromotive with their stealth fuel cell.. But it's carbed so I dont know what comes with the fuel rails.

The fittings are indeed way expensive.

I'll make sure I order the right fittings then. Appreciate it.
POS Dakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #21
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Thats all some.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Looks like your winter was full of fun
I know my previous car with gears would wine on downshift. Was normal for it, but haven't done it with the Camaro yet so I wouldn't know lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
Thats all some.
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
Looks like your winter was full of fun
I know my previous car with gears would wine on downshift. Was normal for it, but haven't done it with the Camaro yet so I wouldn't know lol.
It was certainly a fun-filled Winter!!! I didn't really plan on installing so much stuff, it just kinda worked out that way in the end. And the gear whine isn't too bad, only does it when it is out of gear and decelerating. But I've had some people tell me that once it has "whine" it will ALWAYS have whine, it will not go away. So....I guess we'll see, it's pretty bearable anyway.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
10black1ss

Drives: 2010 black 1ss camaro
Looks great! I have similar mods done to my car and it was well worth it enjoy!
10black1ss is offline   Reply With Quote