Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 PM   #15
TXsilvy

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCry956 View Post
Gwatney Performance Innovation in Jacksonville AR? He's a pretty reputable tuner. Im sure he knows what he was doing. You might want to double check on the timing and afr with him. I think he's a sponsor here
that's the one. the tuner is a member on another site that I'm on and he kind of dropped off the map lately. didn't mean to step on any sponsor toes, but the timing is logged at 24.5 and my wideband shows 13.6. I'd love to compare my scanned tune against what he thinks is in it just to make sure it wasn't tampered with. I doubt it was messed with though. the previous owner was super proud of who and where he got the tune done at.
TXsilvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #16
TXsilvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr View Post
yea the guys at Gwatney pretty good
ok...I'm still afraid to go WOT with my car I'd be willing to trade notes with them to see if something changed on the setup but with the supercharger having the largest pulley, I don't see anything else to cause the high timing and lean mix. I have a log where the trims started at 20% and ended at -14.

there's just no telling what the true story is on a 2nd hand purchased project this big...
Old 09-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #17
jamesr

Drives: 2012 Camaro ss
TXsilvy i agree i wouldnt go wot till i have it aleased check
Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #18
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilvy View Post
can anyone explain to me how the exchangers work together? I have a 5 gallon reserve in the back seat that is circulating antifreeze. is that to the exchanger in the grill, or inside of the charger? or both?? it is frustrating stepping in on the back side of a project and not knowing how it all works! I've always been a N/A and nitrous guy. so much easier with less plumbing.
Damn...you have a HIGHLY custom set up. It's difficult for me/us to help you because you have such a custom ride. 5 gal in the back seat is not normal. It's probably for the intercooler coolant system. But with such a custom build...who knows.

You've got a killer car there. And highly custom. Get it to someone who can crawl around it for a few hours and get some basics figured out. Or go to the dealer and engine builder and try to get some details. With a car like this....there should be lots of people who know the details. You ought to be able to get lots of info.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #19
TXsilvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Damn...you have a HIGHLY custom set up. It's difficult for me/us to help you because you have such a custom ride. 5 gal in the back seat is not normal. It's probably for the intercooler coolant system. But with such a custom build...who knows.

You've got a killer car there. And highly custom. Get it to someone who can crawl around it for a few hours and get some basics figured out. Or go to the dealer and engine builder and try to get some details. With a car like this....there should be lots of people who know the details. You ought to be able to get lots of info.
I can do it myself. just looking for the quick ins and outs of how it should be working and then I can confirm that it's done right. the tank in the back seat is definately for the blower. I'm in the process of parting out my heads/cam/nitrous LS2 s10 to make more room in the garage for the Camaro. once that truck is out of the way, I'll roll up my sleeves and dig into the Camaro to make sure everything is in good working order and up to my standards. there is a lot more than the tune that needs attention. it has a bad vibration at WOT past 80, the coilovers out back are shot, the 4 link was never set up properly, I'm not confident that the B&M shifter linkage is adjusted correctly. just to name a few. it's spraying more meth than it needs at only 12psi boost. it has a 10 and 18 nozzle in there. it also has a 3" h pipe setup with a pair of flowmasters that needs to go in the trash. 3.5x gears with 33" tires is lame, but with this blower it actually feels good. makes me wonder how a 4.56 would feel. it doesn't have a transmission cooler with a 3,500 converter.....etc etc. all in time. getting the s10 out of my life is priority #1 right now. the car is definitely badass, and a great canvas to work with. just need to dot some I's and cross some T's. the previous owner didn't put enough miles into it to get it up and running 100%.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:42 PM   #20
TXsilvy

I sent rhino a PM. I'm not his original customer so we'll see.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:07 AM   #21
RRTX-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
that is definitely the 3.6 Blower, you are also running a turnkey engine supply pulley bracket. my 416 ls3 is at 10.1 compression ratio no issues yet, runs great so far on low boost 10psi.
416 CI M6-LS3 Kenne Bell 3.6, Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Kit w/KB BAP, Futral Motorsports Blower Cam, SW 2"Headers, Zl1 Dual Mode Exhaust, Street Slayer Billet Twin-Disc Clutch,PFADT lowering springs and sway bars, Iforged Classic Wheels, AI Meth Injection, rx dual checkvalve catchcan, Innovators West 8-Rib pulley setup....690RWHP/701RWTQ @ 10 PSI-CALIBRATED BY KARGER @ SNL PERFORMANCE

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6
383 Fully Forged shortblock
RRTX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 09:07 AM   #22
TXsilvy

Why doesnt turnkey adv this accy drive on their site?
Old 09-11-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
TXsilvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTX-SS View Post
that is definitely the 3.6 Blower, you are also running a turnkey engine supply pulley bracket. my 416 ls3 is at 10.1 compression ratio no issues yet, runs great so far on low boost 10psi.
and where can I read more about your car? what part of east texas? my inlaws live up in the Palestine/Tyler area.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:01 PM   #24
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Love that build! Subscribed!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 04:35 PM   #25
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
That is one mean looking car! Tune is off as you know but should be a blast when you get it all figured out. I would think your timing should be around 15-17* and AFR around 11.2-11.5 but I'm no tuner either lol. Looking forward to final results.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #26
RRTX-SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilvy View Post
and where can I read more about your car? what part of east texas? my inlaws live up in the Palestine/Tyler area.
I don't understand why they don't advertise it either, I had to call them directly to get a new tensioner for my setup. I really didn't do a build thread on my car and rarely post about my kb setup since a lot of people hate em on here. To each their own I enjoy my car either way.......I actually live between Palestine and Athens, off highway 19.
416 CI M6-LS3 Kenne Bell 3.6, Livernois Dual Fuel Pump Kit w/KB BAP, Futral Motorsports Blower Cam, SW 2"Headers, Zl1 Dual Mode Exhaust, Street Slayer Billet Twin-Disc Clutch,PFADT lowering springs and sway bars, Iforged Classic Wheels, AI Meth Injection, rx dual checkvalve catchcan, Innovators West 8-Rib pulley setup....690RWHP/701RWTQ @ 10 PSI-CALIBRATED BY KARGER @ SNL PERFORMANCE

1995 Camaro Z28 LT1 M6
383 Fully Forged shortblock
RRTX-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:42 PM   #27
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRTX-SS View Post
I don't understand why they don't advertise it either, I had to call them directly to get a new tensioner for my setup. I really didn't do a build thread on my car and rarely post about my kb setup since a lot of people hate em on here. To each their own I enjoy my car either way.......I actually live between Palestine and Athens, off highway 19.
I'm with you bro. I absolutely love my Kenne Bell. It's one of the most overlooked set ups around here. The sheep have blindly followed the shepherds and their bad-mouthing of the KB. Oh well...I kind of like having something unique that delivers awesome performance.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:23 PM   #28
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
I'm with you bro. I absolutely love my Kenne Bell. It's one of the most overlooked set ups around here. The sheep have blindly followed the shepherds and their bad-mouthing of the KB. Oh well...I kind of like having something unique that delivers awesome performance.
They were overlooked before they changed their intercooler because of the heat they were making. I've always loved the looks of them but with the heat issues I went with Whipple. Glad they worked out the problems they are a sweet twin screw.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote