Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #1
LasVegasSS

Drives: 2016 1 SS/2013 2 SS/1988 Frbrd GTA
Blend Door?

My 2013 SS Camaro has been having an issue where after I shut the engine off, I'd hear a hum and a loud thud in the dash about 30 seconds after I take the key out. This went on for several weeks. The weather here in Vegas has been hot in the day and cooler at night, so I've been alternating between defogger in the morning and A/C blasting in the day. A couple days ago the humming/thud stopped, but when I tried to put on my defogger/defroster in the morning, it only blows cold air. From reading other threads, I think this is the blend door? Correct? How can I tell for sure?

On a side note, I bought the GMPP 60mo/100,000 mile warranty when I bought my SS new. I think this should be covered right?
LasVegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
LasVegasSS

Drives: 2016 1 SS/2013 2 SS/1988 Frbrd GTA
I thought I'd post an update. Based on Blumaro's thread about his HVAC Blend door problem, I deduced that I was probably having the same problem. I took it to Findlay Chevrolet in Henderson, NV where I bought it and they confirmed that the blend door was the problem. They also told me it was about 9-10 hours based on the books ($135 an hour) about $1500 out the door. Because I bought the GMPP Gold plan when I bought the car ($1500), it was covered as is a rental for up to 5 days. Long story short, the 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty paid for itself and I'll be driving a 2018 Impala Premium with 305 horses for the next 4-5 days. If anyone cares, they did confirm that the windshield does have to come out as well as the steering wheel has to come off in order to complete the job. Hope this helps for anyone having a similar issue.
LasVegasSS is offline   Reply With Quote