Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
ScottsLZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
New ZL1 already @ dealer... no sound from mylink !

First post...not a happy one.

Twice now in the first 498 miles the car has no sound from the stereo or turn signals or backup beepers. Tore the trunk apart twice to pull the radio fuse because a reset or battery disconnect did nothing to help, pulling the fuse fixed the problem temporarily.

Anyone else have this issue ?? Dropped car at dealer at closing time, one mechanic thinks it might be the amp ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

Scott
ScottsLZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsLZL1 View Post
First post...not a happy one.

Twice now in the first 498 miles the car has no sound from the stereo or turn signals or backup beepers. Tore the trunk apart twice to pull the radio fuse because a reset or battery disconnect did nothing to help, pulling the fuse fixed the problem temporarily.

Anyone else have this issue ?? Dropped car at dealer at closing time, one mechanic thinks it might be the amp ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

Scott
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a sound concern like this Scott, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would definitely appreciate if you could keep us posted on the service process. We're here via PM if you'd like to discuss this situation further.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
If r3placing the fuse fixes it temporarily theres probably a short some where causing the fuse to blow or some sort of protection mode where itll just shut off to keep things from frying either way I hope they gets this sorted out for you if not just tell them you wouldnt mind if they replace the car with a newer year lol
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #4
ScottsLZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the barber View Post
If r3placing the fuse fixes it temporarily theres probably a short some where causing the fuse to blow or some sort of protection mode where itll just shut off to keep things from frying either way I hope they gets this sorted out for you if not just tell them you wouldnt mind if they replace the car with a newer year lol
I'm not replacing the fuse, just pulling it and putting it back in.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:06 AM   #5
ScottsLZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with a sound concern like this Scott, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would definitely appreciate if you could keep us posted on the service process. We're here via PM if you'd like to discuss this situation further.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Will do. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #6
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Sorry to hear your having problems but as I'm sure you've read here on C5 these cars, in general, are very well built. I can tell you from experience that the ZL is, in my opinion, the greatest Camaro that's every been built. Have faith in this great car and I hope they get you straightened out quick because it really is a joy to own and drive.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #7
ScottsLZL1

UPDATE !!!! cHEVY BLAMES EVERYONE ELSE !!!

So the dealer asked what kind of phone a had... Note 3 , yep there's a bulletin that your phone is the problem. I said a note 3 is in no way the same phone as a GS3 !!! Nothing we can do ! Are you F@cking kidding me. So I have to leave my trunk disassembled so I can pull a fuse every time this happens ! Oh yeah they also said try not to use your phone... I couldn't believe it.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #8
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
I doubt your phone is the issue, find a new dealer
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
What would any phone have to do with no sound from the backup sensors or turn signals, like others have said, find another dealer.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #10
ScottsLZL1

On top of everything the bulletin has nothing to do with my issues.... no sound-sounds. The more I'm thinking about the more pissed I'm getting.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:54 PM   #11
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
That is just talking about connection issues with Bluetooth. It says nothing about losing sound from the stereo or chimes. Also, the note 3 and galaxy s3 are two different phones. Find a new dealer asap
Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #12
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
When I purchased my ZL the salesman told me there were some compatibility issues with some phones and sure enough my POS Galaxy had issues. Traded in my phone in and got an iPhone and all has been good since.

Also, I'm not saying all Galaxy phones are junk but mine had multiple issues from day one. Was never so happy as to see that phone go away.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #13
ScottsLZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
When I purchased my ZL the salesman told me there were some compatibility issues with some phones and sure enough my POS Galaxy had issues. Traded in my phone in and got an iPhone and all has been good since.

Also, I'm not saying all Galaxy phones are junk but mine had multiple issues from day one. Was never so happy as to see that phone go away.
I'm as much a phone junkie as I'am with cars... I can root & unlock bootloaders and install custom Roms... the dealer is'nt going to BS me on this one... I'm waiting for the sounds to drop out again and I'm going to be up there A$$.

And yes the 5 year old GSIII was junk... Note 3 by far best phone Ive ever had.