Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #197
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
There are a number of threads in this section to fill you in on our thoughts, ideas, etc. Regarding why GM should build a Z28. Please save us from regurgitating the same thoughts for the umpteenth time. Thanks.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #198
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Do be a moderate here (kinda what I need to do as a moderator)

There isn't really anything wrong with having a Z28 as an SS with a suspension and brake upgrade from the factory. At the same time, many of the Z28 faithful would appreciate having a little ... more than that. Thats all. Can you both agree to that?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #199
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Do be a moderate here (kinda what I need to do as a moderator)

There isn't really anything wrong with having a Z28 as an SS with a suspension and brake upgrade from the factory. At the same time, many of the Z28 faithful would appreciate having a little ... more than that. Thats all. Can you both agree to that?
Im not even trying to discuss what exactly a Z28 would have and thats why people are getting confused. The title of the thread is, "will there be a Z28?"

Im just discussing my opinion on why I dont think it will be created but apparently people explaining why THEY want it somehow provides reason for why they will make it?

Can no one else see the logical failure here?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #200
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Those were mature responses. Sorry you've failed to explain why GM will make the car. All you did was tell me what you wanted the Z28 to be and Im stating my opinion on why I dont think they will make one.

What am I missing?
Why?? As we have stated for the 4,375th time, to fill a price point in the huge price gap between the SS and the ZL1, or did you miss that somewhere??
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #201
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Why?? As we have stated for the 4,375th time, to fill a price point in the huge price gap between the SS and the ZL1, or did you miss that somewhere??
Clyde
Can you cut the attitude? If you arent interested in discussing this and it frustrates you, then dont.

Now as far as price point, that is a fair point. Problem I see is, if the price difference is about 20k (can we agree on that?), then the items a Z28 will have will put it in the middle of a SS and ZL1, which is what you want. The ZL1 is already a track star, so what parts would differ from a ZL1 and Z28 that could even bring it down 10k?

Essentially what Im saying is, if you take about 10k out of a ZL1, an already track ready car, what do you have? Im not sure you could get a car worthy of being a Z28. It took GM about 20k in price to make an SS a track monster and Im unsure its possible using a new engine like you guys want, for 10k.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #202
wildpaws

Quote:
Im not even trying to discuss what exactly a Z28 would have and thats why people are getting confused. The title of the thread is, "will there be a Z28?"

Im just discussing my opinion on why I dont think it will be created but apparently people explaining why THEY want it somehow provides reason for why they will make it?

The logical failure is your lack of reading comprehension and/or understanding of what the Z/28 heritage really is, the various price points said vehicles would hit, and the market share that each would attract. All of this has been stated thousands of times over and over on dozens or hundreds of threads in the Z/28 forum. Now perhaps you have missed that info along the way, that's pretty easy to do if you don't follow the threads here on a regular basis. Most of the people responding on these threads on a regular basis have been following them for YEARS, there is not much we have not heard about what Chevy will or will not build, why they will or will not build it, and what it should or should not consist of. And you also have to realize that we get hit with naysayers on a regular basis and get tired of constantly regurgitating the same facts, figures and info over and over and over. It's kind of like the music synthesizer forum I moderate, spammers were a once in a while problem and we gave people the benefit of doubt until they openly spammed, now we've had so much of it that newly registered users are banned immediately if there is the slightest bit of "wonkiness" in their profile. I have no problem is saying "bye bye" to any of them and if we lose one or two "real people" in the process, so be it. So that's a little of the thought process going on with myself and I'm sure some other Z/28 forum regulars. And before you say YET AGAIN that we are not stating why GM/Chevy would build the Z/28, see the above mentions about price point and market share, we feel there is a potential for buyers in that near 20k wasteland between the SS and the ZL1.
Clyde

Last edited by wildpaws; 03-10-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: text corrections
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #203
wildpaws

Quote:
Can you cut the attitude? If you arent interested in discussing this and it frustrates you, then dont.

Now as far as price point, that is a fair point. Problem I see is, if the price difference is about 20k (can we agree on that?), then the items a Z28 will have will put it in the middle of a SS and ZL1, which is what you want. The ZL1 is already a track star, so what parts would differ from a ZL1 and Z28 that could even bring it down 10k?

Essentially what Im saying is, if you take about 10k out of a ZL1, an already track ready car, what do you have? Im not sure you could get a car worthy of being a Z28. It took GM about 20k in price to make an SS a track monster and Im unsure its possible using a new engine like you guys want, for 10k.
My friend, you have not seen attitude from anyone here YET. Please do us all a favor and go read the info in dozens of threads full of information about why there is a nneed for Chevy to build a Z/28.
Clyde
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #204
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

I can tell you really arent interested in discussing this, like you said youve done it many timess. I dont think you really want to hear anything that doubts the creation of a Z28 so no matter what I say you arent going to change your mind. Thus im going to exit stage right.

Good luck and I do hope you get your Z28 some day, I just dont see it happening until the 6th gen. Hopefully for all of you Im wrong.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #205
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Dark, are you aware of the 1LE concept? And its recent polls, here, at GM's behest? That vehicle, minus the much-heavier LSA, is essentially a lower-powered, lower-priced TRACK STAR.

Could that concept "qualify" as a Z/28? Perhaps...we don't have concrete feedback as to its track times vs. the ZL1...and, equally as important, vs. the BOSS... At the very least, 1LE would make a worthy SS "upgrade", and price point filler.

WE the PEOPLE of ZEE would like to "guarantee" the ZEE's position vis a vie ZL1 and BOSS by inserting something greater than 426 hp and LESS than the ZL1's 580...and it be naturally aspirated (less weight)...which, off-the-shelf, leaves the LS7.

"But the LS7 and the LSA co$t about the same"? Correct. So, go back to the ZL1's content, and what can be deleted (to save both weight and cost) to create a Base ZEE (but with Optional upgrades for trinckets 'n toys) without losing appreciable handling? With less nose weight, could it handle even BETTER than a ZL1? And THAT has been the general discourse, here...for a very l-o-n-g time...

We're not worried about 'Ring times...VIR, home of the Lightening Lap, would be a domestic comparitive track, and a track that Ford/Car and Driver aren't afraid to run, and share results...

That's the Cliff's Notes version...

Welcome.

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 03-10-2012 at 11:47 AM.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #206
wildpaws

Quote:
I can tell you really arent interested in discussing this, like you said youve done it many timess. I dont think you really want to hear anything that doubts the creation of a Z28 so no matter what I say you arent going to change your mind. Thus im going to exit stage right.

Good luck and I do hope you get your Z28 some day, I just dont see it happening until the 6th gen. Hopefully for all of you Im wrong.
Well you see, now you are dedicated to changing my mind and the Z faithful that have been following these threads for years. We are not here to change your mind, I merely pointed out that there was already tons of discussion about this very topic and what you brought up was nothing new, no new data to alter what has been already discussed. Since you obviously don't care to read the discussions but rather want to jump in and convince us you have the answers, then I'm not inclined to repeat them ad nauseum for your benefit. End of story.
Clyde
Old 03-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #207
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

I think the better question is WHY wouldn't GM built it?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #208
chevysno1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra crew cab
Quote:

I under stand what you are saying,but people don't want hear that. I too believe that the Z28 will not see light till the 6 Generation.
chevysno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #209
wildpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysno1 View Post
I under stand what you are saying,but people don't want hear that. I too believe that the Z28 will not see light till the 6 Generation.
I said a while back that I think we might have to wait until gen. 6 for a Z/28, I hope I'm wrong but that's what I see. IF DarkneSS had bothered to read the threads, he would have seen that info mentioned by several members, again we have to keep repeating ourselves over and over because people jump in here without reading the threads and "assume" they know what has and has not been said earlier. I sometimes jump into forums on other sites, if I find one that interests me I make sure I take the time to read the entire thread before I post so that I'm fully informed. Takes a little extra time, but makes for a better informed forum member.
Clyde
Old 03-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #210
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Words of wisdom, from a Zbrother