Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #15
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
sorry for the shaky hands

Those look sweeeet. Would like to do that to my '97, but need to keep the spare change goin' towards the new one. Great instructions and the mod looks very intimidating (in a good way). ")
Old 10-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #16
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvnt88 View Post
Those look sweeeet. Would like to do that to my '97, but need to keep the spare change goin' towards the new one. Great instructions and the mod looks very intimidating (in a good way). ")
thank you.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.

Last edited by CamaroSpike23; 10-21-2008 at 11:58 PM.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:39 PM   #17
Speed
fquick.com/speed

Drives: 97 Z28
Evening. When I found this post...I could not believe the difference in appearance these lights made to the Camaro look and I ordered them almost instantly
I didn't quite follow the instructions above but the end result is about the same. I just drilled holes down through the header and mounted the lights that way...and i chose not to cut my headlight wires in case I ever want to go back to stock, I used quick connects to jump of the stock hots and ran all the grounds (leds, high and low beams) all together then directly to the chassis. I also took the led ring off and spun it around so the start of the led beam was on top more hidden by the hood overhang so you dont so much see that one real bright spot which is very noticable on the photos shown above and not so noticable in my photos . They look awesome. Here are some photos and thanks for the great mod.

Edit: 4/12/2010

I had a problem with the account the photos were on. I apologize for those that had been looking. I will have to take some more but heres all I could find at the moment. Its been over a year now It would seem, and they are doing great. Peace.

Last edited by Speed; 04-12-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Old Photos Gone
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #18
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
That is such a kick ass mod, If i had that style camaro Id definitely do this.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #19
MrCool

Drives: '95 Z28
Wow, that looks really cool.
MrCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Evening. When I found this post...I could not believe the difference in appearance these lights made to the Camaro look and I ordered them almost instantly
I didn't quite follow the instructions above but the end result is about the same. I just drilled holes down through the header and mounted the lights that way...and i chose not to cut my headlight wires in case I ever want to go back to stock, I used quick connects to jump of the stock hots and ran all the grounds (leds, high and low beams) all together then directly to the chassis. I also took the led ring off and spun it around so the start of the led beam was on top more hidden by the hood overhang so you dont so much see that one real bright spot which is very noticable on the photos shown above and not so noticable in my photos . They look awesome. Here are some photos and thanks for the great mod.

Speed, first of all, your car is HOT. secondly, did you take any pics as to the different install/wiring setup that you did? if so could you send them to me so I can add them into my OP. and thirdly, do you mind if I post these pics elsewhere that I have this writeup posted?
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
Speed
fquick.com/speed

No I don't mind if you use these photos. I will try to get some photos of the install for you. Yeah...I didn't want to screw into my bumper that's why i just bolted to the header. I'll get a photo posted shortly. Glad you like her, she is hot
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Speed
fquick.com/speed

Edit: 4/12/2010

I had a problem with the account the photos were on. I apologize for those that had been looking. I will have to take some more but heres all I could find at the moment. Its been over a year now It would seem, and they are doing great. Peace.

Ok...here ya go. 1st off let me just start off by saying I am not a professional mechanic nor am I saying that this is better then anybody else's way, its just the way I did it.

I chose to bolt to the header instead of putting screws in my bumper, I used the center hole and used nuts that have a lock washer built on to them, Finding black bolts wasn't easy

Again, even though I'm a solider kind of person and I really do not like these quick connects, I didn't like the idea of cutting off my plugs, so i jumped the high and low hots.

I ran the grounds together for high/low beams and for the leds and just bilted them to the frame.

As far as the interior led wiring, I already had a switch inside the car that runs some leds in the interior and I just ran to that switch. If you have not made a place to run wires into your Camaro, an easy way is to remove the computer (two 10mm bolts I believe) pull the rubber grommet out of the fire wall, take off the tape on the end, snake a new wire through (maybe use a hanger if needed) and pull the wire through from under the dash, tape back up and put the grommet back in. I was a little hesitant the 1st time i did this also but it was really quite simple. I'm sure everyone has there on ways and who knows which is best, this is just mine. Thanks for the interest and good luck.

Last edited by Speed; 04-12-2010 at 05:35 PM. Reason: photos gone.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

awesome man. looks great. now I need to get around to making shroud templates for the lights to cover behind them.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #24
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
****ing sick i like it. can you do the sam thing for the 3rd gens? a buddy of mine wants to know.
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_red_v6 View Post
****ing sick i like it. can you do the sam thing for the 3rd gens? a buddy of mine wants to know.
yes you can. however you will want to go with a larger diameter light as the 4th gen lenses are smaller than the 3rd gens are. measure the dimensions of the stock 3rd gen lights then check the link in the OP and go thru the site to find a set with the right size for your app. then take pics of it so we can add them in.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 02-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #26
crazy3sl

Drives: 1996
Piaa vs pilot motorsports

Hey i love the mod.......i was wondering, i seen a mod like this only the guy used piaa 1000x lights.....The lights you suggested are somewhat cheaper than the piaa 1000x. on ebay iv seen the piaa go for 100-150 which is not really that much of a difference.

question being... Has anyone had experience with both brands or models that can explain the light quality comparing the two?

What would you guys recommend?
crazy3sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:44 AM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wow! spike, there's apparently no limits to your epicness!

speed, i'm diggin the FI camaro (at least i assume that's intercooler tubing)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #28
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy3sl View Post
Hey i love the mod.......i was wondering, i seen a mod like this only the guy used piaa 1000x lights.....The lights you suggested are somewhat cheaper than the piaa 1000x. on ebay iv seen the piaa go for 100-150 which is not really that much of a difference.

question being... Has anyone had experience with both brands or models that can explain the light quality comparing the two?

What would you guys recommend?
ive got some friends on another forum who have used the PIAA lights.

there is one style that they dont make anymore... (prolly cus they were freaking expensive) ill go look for them real quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
wow! spike, there's apparently no limits to your epicness!

speed, i'm diggin the FI camaro (at least i assume that's intercooler tubing)
I like to tinker...lol

and im not sure that Speed has FI. its very possible, but I dont see a s/c behind the maf. unless he's turbo'd. but the metal intake is common on 4th gens.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: