Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 07-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #1
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Blackhawk farms track day session

Here is the third session from my first time at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. It is a fun track and I am still learning it, but the results were good. I was running the Goodyear F3 Supercar tires for the first time and I liked them.

I am headed to Road America for the first time next month. Going to run in the Time Trials class. Should be fun!
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
Here is the third session from my first time at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit, IL. It is a fun track and I am still learning it, but the results were good. I was running the Goodyear F3 Supercar tires for the first time and I liked them.

I am headed to Road America for the first time next month. Going to run in the Time Trials class. Should be fun!
Do you know what kind of lap times you were able to get? I’ve been to blackhawk quite a few times now. I think my best flying lap so far was 1:21.xxx. My best standing start lap (one lap timed run for high speed Autocross is 1:23.6xx.

Your line overall looks pretty good. Looks like you are turning in a little early at turn one and for turn 2 from what I can hear from your engine I think you are coasting more than you need to there. But that turn is one that comes with seat time and and more confidence in the car and Tires.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Yes, watching the video helped me see where I can do better next time. Turn 7 and turn 1 were my worst, I think. I need to downshift sooner in turn one and brake later as well. Best times were right about 1:21. I think I can cut a couple seconds off next time but it was good enough to be the quickest in the advanced group on the first time out. I hope to be back later in August.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote