Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #71
b7dlanders
Camaro landers

Drives: 2011 Black Convertible Camaro
If I sell my camaro because I am tired of dealing with the issues. I don't think I would do American Again. GM already has 1 strike against them. Nice upgrade and I hope it goes well.
b7dlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #72
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Been lied to run around in circles also...selling my camaro in the next couple of weeks also and never going American again...I used to b the biggest fan boi ever too...but the frustrations r just too much....sad thing is among my group of friends I was the only one willing to buy a domestic...almost had them turned into domestic fans....until they started seeing the amount of down time the car is having...
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #73
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by boro62 View Post
Been lied to run around in circles also...selling my camaro in the next couple of weeks also and never going American again...I used to b the biggest fan boi ever too...but the frustrations r just too much....sad thing is among my group of friends I was the only one willing to buy a domestic...almost had them turned into domestic fans....until they started seeing the amount of down time the car is having...
Really, hmmm.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #74
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not judging anyone by any means but it seems like most of these issues have been with the 2010's. (I said most). I always heard, "Never buy the 1st year of a new car because of issues that are sure to arise". Apparently this happens with all new 1st year vehicles. I've read all kinds of reviews and complaints about all brands & models. I'm sorry that it happened to all that its happened to, but unfortunately it's going to. I'll be sure to pay close attention to mine. I'll agree with the paint issue. It is on really thin but if you have ever watched that Nat Geo special on the making of the Camaro, during the paint process, you could see that coming.
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #75
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
I believe the issue here with the Camaro is that most people will buy it and be happy using it as a daily driver to go to work or pickup groceries. However, there are the others that purchased the vehicle to perform like a muscle car and to some degree it looks like one until you really stomp on it, and that's when you realize it doesn't meet expectations or there are problems in various areas that need to be addressed out of pocket because replacing the parts with the same parts isn't going to do much. ie - clutches, lack of forged internals, weak valves / springs, suspension, etc....
Obviously, spending 10's of thousands to address those weak points is not what most thought they'd be doing. Some people spend the cash and then realize they're going down a path that's not reversible, and think in hindsight they should have just purchased a higher end import or domestic, or others just get rid of it up front and cut their losses and then purchase real muscle (Corvette).
Think of it this way purchase a top of the line 2SS RS Camaro and spend 30k to stroke and forge engine, boost and change front to back supsension and bushings or just spend 80k on a Corvette or BMW.
Personally, I really like the Camaro but would have liked to see GM spend some more time on the finer details (paint, warping and fitment of body parts), and invest more in strengthening the engine and suspension especially in the higher end models of the vehicle. ie - SS versions could have been built better even if it cost a bit more. This way it would eliminate the aggrevation to the consumer to re-do the whole thing "properly".
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #76
MikeSS18

Drives: Red Jewel 2ss
Dont like it ...sell it. Enjoy the problems with whatever else it is you are going to buy. There is no such thing as a car without problems..major ones are usually caused by people that screwed around with something. If you are going to change parts and do upgrades thats the chance you take. I have a 2010 and the only problem I have it the airbag sensor that will get fixed the next time I take it in for an oil change.
MikeSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #77
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
well i sat here and read every single post from every one. i have got to say i am not feeling good hearing all the new problems people have been having.
i got my car when it first came out. and as many know i like others have done some mods to my car. for like 1yr and 2 months my car was actually sitting in the shops for my body work and the other mods i got to be installed. but other then that what i wanted to say is the only thing i have noticed with my car is the squeaking breaks and my car is not even near 8000 miles, it was doing this when it only had 2000 miles on it.
now i have heard many breaking axles and trannys, clutchs. it scares me cause i have stock clutch with a supercharger and i do occasionally get on it. but i have read where people will punch it and smoke the tires and break shit. so when ever i do drive my i am scared of my car breaking down, and if so i will admit i am ****ed. i do not have the money to repair it, let alone tell dealer i am no longer interested since i kind of changed the body and some of my interior got jacked at the first shop who scammed me on my body work.

so for all of you who are having issues i am sorry to hear and i hope you guys find something better, and for the ones who have not had major issues.... well thats just awesome, and again my car sits more then i anything do to cash and can't afford the gas. honestly at this point i have to save to drive it. yes i know thats sad.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #78
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
and for the op i am sorry to hear the hell you went through but i am glad to see you walked away with another vehicle that is making you happy. all in the end that is what matters the most.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #79
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSS18 View Post
Dont like it ...sell it. Enjoy the problems with whatever else it is you are going to buy. There is no such thing as a car without problems..major ones are usually caused by people that screwed around with something. If you are going to change parts and do upgrades thats the chance you take. I have a 2010 and the only problem I have it the airbag sensor that will get fixed the next time I take it in for an oil change.
Be happy you haven't any problems (yet) but don't marginalize or accuse others of changing things because they're having issues.
Yes. Some people push the envelope but most are just driving the car a little aggressively (in higher RPM ranges) and that's when they experience the issues. Is this not a muscle car to be driven harder than most?
Read the threads most of the people complaining have stock vehicles.

Last edited by calbert1999; 08-30-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #80
MikeSS18

Drives: Red Jewel 2ss
If there are 5% of people in here with a stock Camaro I would be shocked. The point was there is no perfect car out there. There is no perfect anything out there anymore. If you like your car then do what you must to keep it running. If you dont then get rid of it!
MikeSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #81
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSS18 View Post
If there are 5% of people in here with a stock Camaro I would be shocked. The point was there is no perfect car out there. There is no perfect anything out there anymore. If you like your car then do what you must to keep it running. If you dont then get rid of it!
I agree. But, at the same time there is some onus on the vehicle makers to do things a little bit better. Everybody gets up to work to make profit, so I don't expect vehicle manufacturers to do anything for free but you have to admit some of the problems are pretty basic.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:18 PM   #82
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
I've had zero problems and I step on it pretty good. The overall quality is excellent, much better than average. OP has a poor local svc dept. And a lemon.

Not representative of overall quality. I admit, if I was having his luck then I'd be ragging and broadly cursing too. But potential new owners should check third party reviews. Reliability is better than average.

Go check out the warranty/recall sections of any car and of course that's where you find the complaints. True for any product. There's always a % that have problems due to bad luck, tolerances, etc. Nature of the beast.

For OP to to broadly paint this car as a failure re quality... That's just sour grapes.

Hey, OP, before u flame me like you have everyone else who has disagreed with your position, I'll let u know I'd feel the same way if I started having problems with my baby.

Just as you would argue with your position had your car been flawless.

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #83
joeaux
Kicker!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2LT/RS
Hehe. I love these troll threads. Whine, whine, whine, praise. Whine, whine, whine, praise. Whine, whine, whine, praise. Ad Infinitum...
-joe-
Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #84
KIZE
www.gkiser.com

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Auto, Summit White. R
You're right, J. Totally predictable isn't it? Just can't help getting outraged by trolls

Roto-fab CAI, GMPP exhaust with tips, Pistol Grip shifter with paddle switches, 'Chevrolet' aluminum kick plates, Aluminum Bow Ties, ClearBra front bumper/facia + side views + gills + behind door handles. SS floormats. www.gkiser.com
KIZE www.gkiser.com
KIZE is offline   Reply With Quote