Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Just received my Proven Wicked suspension goodies!!!

I just recieved my "Proven Wicked" Pro-Rigid front endlinks!!!
The packaging was very nice, and when I pulled them out, they looked like pieces of jewlery, it's a shame they have to go under my car! I can't wait to get them installed. They have a nice design to them and seem more adjustable than other suspension companies. I will keep everyone posted.
Attached Images

hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
superchris
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO'S 3CC5

Drives: 2010 Red 2SS/RS M6
Awesome bro!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Nice
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Proven Wicked

Michael,

So glad you like them! We strive to make the best parts possible without cutting corners. Next we need to get you set up with our SwitchBLADE rear sway bar!
Proven Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Do these have the noise issue that the older end-links from the other companies had?

Suspension: Pedders full cradle bushings & radius rod inserts, BMR swaybars & endlinks, LSR trailing arms, Pfadt endlink brace
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
B-Rex

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Let us know how they perform, I could care less how pretty it all is
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Proven Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Do these have the noise issue that the older end-links from the other companies had?
We have never had any problems with noise or rattling because we have addressed ALL the areas where there are potential problems.

We use only high quality teflon/kevlar injected rod ends that have no slop and are not metal on metal.

We use pressed in and swedged studs so there is no chance rattle like a through bolt.

We use large machined washer on both sides of the attachment points to distribute the load so it doesn't wobble out or bend the mount holes and make them loose. (this may have already happened in your case)

We use special made U-nuts that have twice the vibration resistance of a nyloc nut and are reusable. Nyloc nuts loose their grip after reusing especially for those that have multi-hole sway bars and are constantly removing their end links.

Our keyway washers and high misalignment studs allow for the correct alignment so the large sweep of the front end links is possible without any guesswork or eyeballing. Since the front end links attach to the strut they must turn full lock both ways without binding. If they bind they are either going to loosen or break. We show how to check this in our video.

Lastly we have provisions for safety wire on the jam nuts since there is no easy way of setting a torque on them without special tools.

Hopefully this answers your questions and give your confidence in our design.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
These look SICK irl and have an amazing finish to them. Mike brought them by my shop to show me and I was very happy to see them! Can't wait to see them installed, let me know mike if there is anything I can help with!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
they look good cant wait to order mine next week.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Proven Wicked, yall have some really trick stuff. Thanks for sharing OP!

Any plans to make Pillow Block swaybar mounts to fit the front?
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
Proven Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Proven Wicked, yall have some really trick stuff. Thanks for sharing OP!

Any plans to make Pillow Block swaybar mounts to fit the front?

Thanks for the kudos! When we release the front sway bars we will have complimenting mounts. We can always do custom orders though as well.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Proven Wicked

FYI we are offering a HUGE sale on our end links for the month of April (up to 30% off). See the details in the vendor classified section here
Old 05-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

They're on!!!!!!

Finally had my Pfadt sway bars and Proven Wicked endlinks installed, thanks to my buddy Angel who also did and incredible job safety wiring the endlinks. I could not be more satisfied! The sways completely changed the ride of my Camaro and the endlinks bolted right up with ease!

The endlinks are very light weight but are very sturdy and rigid offering way more adjustability than the competition. I chose these endlinks over Pfadts endlinks because of the added adjustability and the clever design even though I have many of Pfadt's suspension components. I know Shane and his team did a lot of research in making these endlinks and he helped me with several questions I had.

I did an autocross event this Saturday and my car's handling completely transformed for the better! With aftermarket sway bars your car needs an endlink that can withstand the tension and Proven Wicked exceeds the standard. If you purchase these endlinks I promise you will be very satisfied, and for the price they're an amazing deal!
Attached Images

hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote