Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
1LE at the track (s)

I spent Saturday at Waterford Hills Raceway and then Sunday at Lapeer Dragway....I am going to combine both days here:

Waterford Hills: You can visit my signature to see my build thread and read other track days at Waterford (and other tracks) so I will just sum it up here:
  • Ran a new PB of 1:20.88. This is still on the Goodyear Eagle G2 tires, Pedders springs, Roto-Fab intake and CTS-V brakes.
  • I had to drive the car very very hard to get it there.
  • I hate the stock seats......I have never disliked them as much as I did this weekend and I don't like to be negative but I am done with them. Waterford is a short tight track and I was spending more time trying to stay in the seat than anything else. If GM doesn't release the Recaros soon (and price depended) they will most likely be swapped for a set of Sparco race seats soon.
Lapeer Dragway:

Ran up to Lapeer on Sunday just to see what the car would do....When it was 100% bone stock is ran 12.991 @ 108 on a nice 64f degree day. Yesterday was about 84f.
  • Ran a new PB of 12.918 @ 110.16. It is not much faster than last year, but it was warmer and I have only added a CAI
  • It was way harder to launch with the Pedders springs on the car. The stiffer rear springs doesn't allow as much weight transfer and the Goodyear G2 tires have no sidewall flex....Couldn't best a 2.1 60ft. (I have been drag racing for 20+ years. I know a set of DR would help a lot)
Pictures Below,
Matt
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
I agree on the seats, they are awful for tacking, car is good but seats are no bueno...great time Saturday, thanks for the lessons....I have no clue what my best time was...During session 1 I did a 1:33.... but that's going off the gopro footage, not a GPS tool. I think I was a tad faster in session 2 so maybe a 1:30? IDK, what matters is I had a ton of fun, learned more about the car and me ha ha. Looking forward to doing it again, but not sure when.

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #3
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
I had my first HPDE through Hooked On Driving on Friday at the NJMP Lightning Course and I now realize how addicting these events can get...I had a blast! I have a '13 1LE as well, and I thought the seats worked decently well for me (I'm 5'10 175lb) though I did find myself a little out of position in a few turns. Overall, I thought the car did really well on the track. My car is all stock except for a Cold Air Inductions intake. I was fortunate enough in the last session of the day to be bumped up to the Intermediate group where there were two Boss 302's running. I'm happy to say that I had no problem catching them, and then once they waved me by, I was able to walk away from them (Maybe they needed a driver mod?).

For those who have yet to track this car, you are missing out on an awesome experience. I can't wait to get back on the track!!!
RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Sounds like a fun couple of days. Nice trap for the warm temps as well.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #5
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Looks like another fun weekend. He Matt just something to think about. I have wanted/liked/ Recaros my whole life, and was all set to bite the bullet when they come out, but i have changed my mind. The point of this is take a look at some of my videos(there all on youtube@cornerspeed92), but watch how i am planted and i dont move at all. Now obviously this is my set up, and i dont have to worry about anyone but my self, or anyone being in the back seat. I have the speedware harness bar/tank plate set up. I think you can get the whole set up for $820.00 + the belts you choose. Just throwing this out there as you can save big bucks going this route. In the event you need your back seat this is totally bolt in and it comes in and out in a half hour. I went with Schroth Profi III just installed the passenger side Sun. I wanted my passenger(my boy, as well my daughter wants to go on track too)to be glued to the seat as well.
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...nkplate-camaro http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...10-harness-bar
The other pic's are just gratuitous pic's of the baby, can never get tired of something so hot!!
Attached Images

Last edited by cornerspeed92; 06-23-2014 at 02:41 PM.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Matt, I sat in these and am dreaming about them ever since. No need for harnesses either, tight stock belt with these was day and night.

http://www.sabelt.com/en/racing/Prod.../05GT-200.aspx

The gt140 is more affordable and also awesome but the gt200 blew my mind from comfort, shoulder height and ergo side. I ran recaro pole positions in my STi for a while and they werent bad but cant shake a stick at these sabelts.

I havent bought brakes yet because I want these seats first.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
great to see these cars get used for what they were designed for. Nice work.
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote