Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-31-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
Loud ticking noise from engine

okay, so the day after i installed the elite catch can and rx breather with everything capped off i had got a check engine light, went to autozone for the diagnostic check and it had to do with the sensors. so i gave it a few days to adjust and the engine light went away, but now i hear a loud ticking noise from where the intake manifold is. is it normal because of the catch can and breather ?
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
BigRedViking

Drives: 1987 IROC-Z 5.7L 2016 1SS M6 NGM
Send a message via Yahoo to BigRedViking
Take it to a dealer that has a good reputation for the service department. It should still be under warranty. Loud ticking noise is never something to ignore. Or you could put it back to stock, and see if it goes away.
BigRedViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:54 AM   #3
garvyf22
Tonkaracing

Drives: 2013 2LS RED CAMARO
Chevy swapped my engine out last month when it stated doing that. Don't know what caused it all I had was cattless pipes an intake .an I had to take them off before going to chevy. They found metal shavings in my oil filter . The noise was low an got louder. At first I thought it was a valve tap never really found out what caused it

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
okay, so the day after i installed the elite catch can and rx breather with everything capped off i had got a check engine light, went to autozone for the diagnostic check and it had to do with the sensors. so i gave it a few days to adjust and the engine light went away, but now i hear a loud ticking noise from where the intake manifold is. is it normal because of the catch can and breather ?
garvyf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 AM   #4
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Onyx_Wolf_ View Post
Did you have the engine cover on then now don't? The engine cover is meant to quiet down the engine noise. My car taps like nuts but its a mix of the high pressure fuel pump and our inherently loud drive train.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote