Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #29
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Hopefully its fixed, but it sounds like your getting closer to the 30 days in the shop so you have options to bargain with the dealer if the issue persists.
Weather is terrible now in CT, maybe Saturday morning it will clear up.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #30
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Hope this does it. I thought only Toyota had quality issues though?!
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #31
TooCool5

We have a camry in the family, What an ongoing problem that is.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
Dre2216

Drives: 1SS IOM M6
Well I saw there was a clearing in the weather, so I was able to swing down to the shop and pick up my car this afternoon. It feels good to have her back in my garage. Overall, the car looked brand new under the hood. I saw the stack of papers and photos that my dealer sent to gm on a daily basis. According to the gm engineers notes, every wire was checked under the hood and it certainly looks that way. They are going to mail me a copy of all the documents/photos they have, including pictures of the flywheel, which I was particulary interested in seeing. Overall, the car was in the shop from Feb. 5th until the 24th (19 days) until it was fixed. Add to that the 4 days it was there last time, and that is 23 days so far for this issue. I am happy to see that both GM and my dealer were extremly thorough on the investigation into determing the cause of the problem. Hopefully, all of this is behind me now and I can enjoy the car the way it is meant to be. Thanks to everyone for their support and comments.

NKKV6J---2G1FS1EW4A9134727
SLP LM II

2/26 - Car Back From Dealer!
Dre2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM   #33
TooCool5

Now you could get your Permagrin back. HA
Old 03-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #34
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre2216 View Post
Well I saw there was a clearing in the weather, so I was able to swing down to the shop and pick up my car this afternoon. It feels good to have her back in my garage. Overall, the car looked brand new under the hood. I saw the stack of papers and photos that my dealer sent to gm on a daily basis. According to the gm engineers notes, every wire was checked under the hood and it certainly looks that way. They are going to mail me a copy of all the documents/photos they have, including pictures of the flywheel, which I was particulary interested in seeing. Overall, the car was in the shop from Feb. 5th until the 24th (19 days) until it was fixed. Add to that the 4 days it was there last time, and that is 23 days so far for this issue. I am happy to see that both GM and my dealer were extremly thorough on the investigation into determing the cause of the problem. Hopefully, all of this is behind me now and I can enjoy the car the way it is meant to be. Thanks to everyone for their support and comments.
If this happens to you again you need to send a letter to GM via certified mail. The letter needs to be a demand for resolution. Once you have done that, you meet all the criteria to have your car declared a lemon and either replaced or purchased back by GM. In most states once the car is out of service for 21 days combined or repairs attempted 3 times unsuccessfully for the same issue the vehicle is considered a lemon. Just keep that in mind in case the problem is not yet fixed.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #35
Dre2216

Drives: 1SS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
If this happens to you again you need to send a letter to GM via certified mail. The letter needs to be a demand for resolution. Once you have done that, you meet all the criteria to have your car declared a lemon and either replaced or purchased back by GM. In most states once the car is out of service for 21 days combined or repairs attempted 3 times unsuccessfully for the same issue the vehicle is considered a lemon. Just keep that in mind in case the problem is not yet fixed.
Believe me I have all that kept in mind. I have information on the CT law and it does require 3 trips in. I have all the documentation from both times it was in for this repair so I am prepared if it comes to that. I am hoping it doesn't come to that.

NKKV6J---2G1FS1EW4A9134727
SLP LM II

2/26 - Car Back From Dealer!
Dre2216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:21 AM   #36
TooCool5

Hopefully your good to go, keep us posted if not.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #37
Sweet Lola
#42,288

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lola
I've had an issue twice now where I try starting the car and instead of engaging it the starter just keeps running. It wasn't while I was driving but is this the second problem you encountered? I am concerned and about to take it to the dealer if it isn't a fluke.

Darren
Sweet Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #38
ejfmopartrader

Drives: 2010 RS (Slightly Mod)
Waited a MONTH ! (yes 30 days) for a new clutch... Mine shattered with under 12000 miles ! W T F - GM seriously a month in todays day and age !!!
ejfmopartrader is offline   Reply With Quote