Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Camaro Fest VIII Discussions > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #155
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Mine's "kinda" stock. No 500HP or any of that at least....for now.

Mine's an R/T 6 speed and has exhaust, CAI, suspension, tires/wheels, Hurst shifter. That's it I think.

I'm not racing though...I'm just there to oogle over all the rides. I'm hoping I can talk a couple of you guys into letting ride shot gun down the track a time or two though. I'm bringing my helmet!
sorry but ummm mine's is in proper. you should have put mine is an r/t. people these days.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #156
70TA-09RT
HOWFAST

Drives: Twin Turbo Challenger 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
Same here but the 6-8 inches of snow and 20-30 mph winds that were getting tonight and tomorrow means itll be in the garage awhile! So they are fairly comparable in most cases it sounds like on the E.T.s.
Yes they are similar but you have a little more displacement and about 300 less pounds give or take pretty much comes down to the drivers per usual. That's why getting together at the fest is going to be fun. I see some mustangs are signing up also.
I here that mine the snow has been hitting us pretty good the shop that my car is at got about 24 inches of snow the other day. we had a freezing rain on and off today and the clipper is moving in for the next 3 days

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3836977
70TA-09RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #157
darenf02

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP LS7 swapped
Found this video on ChallengerTalk. Interesting video. Obviously that's NOT a stock diesel! (hope this works):

MTI Racing built and swapped LS7 with stage 3 cam, JBA ceramic coated LT's 1 7/8" primaries, Flowmaster 3" exhaust with high flow cats and X pipe, MPD Motorsports functional cowl induction hood mated to the CAI, ZL1 front clip, Cold Air Induction's CAI, Jet Mass-Air Sensor, rear valence, Stealth bulbs, 20% tint, taillight blackouts, side marker blackouts, modern SS emblem back, 427 rear emblem, S.S. rear spoiler, MGW shifter with retro handle, black ZL1 replica wheels (wider), 160* thermostat, front firing 2 x 12" Rockford Fosgate sub plus 1000w amp just to top it off.
525rwhp dyno'd
darenf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #158
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
sorry but ummm mine's is in proper. you should have put mine is an r/t. people these days.
I think you mean "improper". You're right....people and their poor grasp of the English language.
Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:15 PM   #159
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70TA-09RT View Post
a couple of friends have the 6 speeds and hitting low 13's high 12's, most of the SRT guys are older and hide them in there garages I bought mine to drive not sit in a garage
The SRT8's have finally broken 12's stock?
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #160
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I think you mean "improper". You're right....people and their poor grasp of the English language.
NOW it makes sense
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #161
kismyss

Drives: CGM 2SS Roto-Fab CAI, Mach XL CAT
Wow you guys sound like a lot of fun and here i was thinking that all the Dodge owners hated the camaro guys. its all in great fun and sport if you ask me. The more the merrier.
kismyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM   #162
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismyss View Post
Wow you guys sound like a lot of fun and here i was thinking that all the Dodge owners hated the camaro guys. its all in great fun and sport if you ask me. The more the merrier.
We dont

The Camaro is a kick ass car and a sweet ride. Tho technically both the Camaro and the Challenger are Canadian by birth..they're Detroit muscle in spirit and heritage

We recognize very clearly where we are in this forum, loyal opposition! Make no mistake about it we're not here to rumble about the Challenger vs. Camaro!

97% of this forum are fantastic people devoted to a great car, and I'm thrilled for you guys! The 3% who arent so fantastic thankfully dont speak for the majority, OR the moderators here on Camaro5.

For myself and my fellow Challenger owners, thank you!

Last edited by ViperTomcat; 01-07-2010 at 12:46 AM.
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #163
gsochallenger

Drives: dodge challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
NOW it makes sense

Go easy on Speedy, you know he is stuck in TN
gsochallenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #164
gsochallenger

Drives: dodge challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismyss View Post

No, I dont hate Camaro owners. Camaro's are hot for that new car look. Just stirring the pot alittle on here. Its all in good fun.
gsochallenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #165
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
the new challengers are sick also, but i just love my car. I took my coworker to the dodge dealer at lunch time, the salesman was trying to sell me the challenger, telling me i made a mistake, shouldnt have gotten a camaro, i told him i wouldnt buy or even consider buying a challenger even if hell froze over, he asked if i wanted to test drive the challenger, i said no, but ill give you a ride in my camaro, he declined lol

PS. my coworker said he didnt like the challenger after sitting in it, and after sitting in my car, and wonts a camaro.
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #166
darenf02

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP LS7 swapped
I appreciate you guys. I love the old Mopars. My love for cars has its roots in Mopar. My dad's first new car he ever bought (was able to scrape up enough money to buy that is) was a '69 Road Runner GTX, known in those days as "The Poor Man's Hot Rod." The passion grew from there. I, too, am SOO happy Muscle Car Era II hit right about the time I could buy one!! From my understanding, Chevy and Mopar guys always seemed to enjoy teaming up on the *&^&$^$%()(*)(%$###$$%& outcasts......*whispers* the F*rd guys. LOL OK OK While I do appreciate the muscle car design of the Ford, I just can't bring my Chevy soul to "embrace" them lol. Challenger? Well, that's a different story!

As a side note, don't get caught up picking on the Challenger's weight because that's EXACTLY what the F*rd guys say about us....don't forget that. That being said, I say we all remember why we're here.....KICKING SOME DONKEY ARSE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
We dont

The Camaro is a kick ass car and a sweet ride. Tho technically both the Camaro and the Challenger are Canadian by birth..they're Detroit muscle in spirit and heritage

We recognize very clearly where we are in this forum, loyal opposition! Make no mistake about it we're not here to rumble about the Challenger vs. Camaro!

97% of this forum are fantastic people devoted to a great car, and I'm thrilled for you guys! The 3% who arent so fantastic thankfully dont speak for the majority, OR the moderators here on Camaro5.

For myself and my fellow Challenger owners, thank you!
MTI Racing built and swapped LS7 with stage 3 cam, JBA ceramic coated LT's 1 7/8" primaries, Flowmaster 3" exhaust with high flow cats and X pipe, MPD Motorsports functional cowl induction hood mated to the CAI, ZL1 front clip, Cold Air Induction's CAI, Jet Mass-Air Sensor, rear valence, Stealth bulbs, 20% tint, taillight blackouts, side marker blackouts, modern SS emblem back, 427 rear emblem, S.S. rear spoiler, MGW shifter with retro handle, black ZL1 replica wheels (wider), 160* thermostat, front firing 2 x 12" Rockford Fosgate sub plus 1000w amp just to top it off.
525rwhp dyno'd
darenf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #167
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
who let the dodge people in here....

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #168
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
They snuck in the back....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote