Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2018, 05:51 PM   #29
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaels_45 View Post
I don't they sound alike at all
Sorry to jack your thread OP. Just curious Michael, are you the first owner of that 45th? I ordered a 12 2LT RS, no sunroof, enjoyed it for about a year, then traded it for the 1LE. I've since looked around here time and again, but no sign of my old car (was traded in to a GM dealer in OH and was sold to a real Camaro nut according to the dealer when I followed up with them a couple weeks later). Just curious, that's all.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:16 PM   #30
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
I was doubtful a V6 could sound good enough for me, so I got a V8, BUT, after coming across this youtuber, his car sounds better than mine (he' not close to stock), but it shows with effort and $$ they can sound bad ass..still not getting rid of my V8 though..

V6 or V8, ZL1, Z28, SS, RS, they are all good platforms for you to build the car you want.
this car is not a six. His youtube name is "itsjusta6" its a full bolton LS3. On a side not, he destroyed hios driveshaft the day he bought it and grenaded his rear end like the day after he repaired it. he beats on the car but hey, to each their own

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:25 PM   #31
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

btw, not to jack the thread or anything, he's actually selling the car. It obviously needs suspension upgrades in the back as you can see @7:40 in the video when he's doing the 25 roll vs the coyote and he gets major wheelhop in second. a few more of those and its bye bye driveshaft bolts at the minimum and he would be very fortunate if that was the only thing that breaks

Bone Stock
Old 02-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #32
GatorGreg

Drives: '14 Blue Ray ("Suite Madame Blue")
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
this car is not a six. His youtube name is "itsjusta6" its a full bolton LS3. On a side not, he destroyed hios driveshaft the day he bought it and grenaded his rear end like the day after he repaired it. he beats on the car but hey, to each their own
Wow he beats on that SS worse than O.J. beat on Nicole! Since this thread is sort of about the 350Z, here's a vid of the same guy racing his friend's 350Z - funny at the end where the friend purposely butchers his "itsjusta6" username

GatorGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:29 PM   #33
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
I have a few clips of the sound of my 6

https://youtu.be/2pu3DeE0eX8 (Cold start)

https://youtu.be/rcLq5pwSPwc (Tiny ass rolling burnout)
sounds great!
Old 02-07-2018, 07:41 PM   #34
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
btw, not to jack the thread or anything, he's actually selling the car. It obviously needs suspension upgrades in the back as you can see @7:40 in the video when he's doing the 25 roll vs the coyote and he gets major wheelhop in second. a few more of those and its bye bye driveshaft bolts at the minimum and he would be very fortunate if that was the only thing that breaks
Unfortunately, this happened:
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:43 AM   #35
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

he did a clutch drop the day he bought it and snapped the driveshaft bolts. car probably is about 590hp at the flywheel and he still wondered and somewhat complained about how he snapped the bolts after dumping the clutch from 6000RPMS. smh.

i even commented and sort of explained to him how to launch the car properly by slightly for a blink of an instant to ride out the clutch until the car rolled and the engine rpms dropped to meet the trans' first gear smoothly instead of the clutch dump and some kid tried to blast me about how that like the stupidest thing.

so i just dropped it at that. i own one and over time mastered how to properly launch it but what do i know right? 75000 miles on the original clutch and still going.

on a side note to help to op, there is a girl (cute one too) that has a V6 down the block from me that sounds really good. she always revs her engine when she passes by my house and eventually i started doing the same when i pass by hers. ill try and see of i can use the car as an excuse to talk to her. maybe ill get some video and the exhaust setup she has.

Bone Stock
Old 02-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #36
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorGreg View Post
Wow he beats on that SS worse than O.J. beat on Nicole!

LMAO!!!!

Bone Stock
Old 02-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #37
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
here's my old one, straight pipe no mufflers. I tracked it. some more video on my channel, including my 2016 at Texas world speedway.

12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote