Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #15
Terryfied

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.lord344 View Post
Lol! I feel you, but I need to bring my car over so I can take it on the Nurburgring while I'm over there!

Id much rather take my car over there than trust the people that the AF contracts to store vehicles. lol so many horror stories.
Ahh yes Nurburgring. I totally get that and it would be one of my dreams if it weren't so impractical. A friend rented a track car there and had a lifetime experience. I applaud your ambition and hope it works out in your favor. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by Terryfied; 02-07-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Terryfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #16
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
I first shipped a POV overseas in 1970; would I use that information as a basis now? Definitely NOT! I last shipped military vehicles overseas in 2005/6; would I use that information as a basis for shipment now? Definitely NOT! Nor would I trust anything from the internet regarding current military or foreign government policies and procedures. I would, however, consult with and trust my fellow military peers and contemporaries--as OP is certainly doing, and as I'm sure you did while on active duty. I'm inclined to think OP has done his research and due diligence from current, credible sources! JMHO
Sure, grapevine is much more reliable source than written rules and reg's and laws that are published, online. Stars and Stripes isn't a reliable source of info either according to you. Neither is my actual experience. Oookay. His car isn't in compliance, not only in noise but also mods and no cat, and might get impounded either going there, when there, or on the return trip. The local base there isn't the only foreign and US gov hurdle. You can be in denial like him, doesn't affect me a bit. I'm not his commander to hear him cry later. Thank God for that.
I've personally been to impound lots where cars were waiting to be crushed. You're sure that doesn't happen so if it does to his car you'll replace it right?
I'm not going to respond to any other foolish comments in this thread.

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-07-2018 at 01:33 AM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #17
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.lord344 View Post
SO I recently just got orders to Germany. I need to ship my Camaro through the dallas Port. Can anyone recommend a detail shop that will be able to do an inside and out detail for a reasonable price, as I will be driving 10 hours from southern NM. Or if someone would be able to let me borrow some water and products to wash it at their place lol.
Assume Military ordered? If so, thank you for your service.

Would be awesome to drive the nurburing course. Is the Autobahn still unlimited speed?

Safe travels,
Old 02-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
joseph.lord344

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryfied View Post
Ahh yes Nurburgring. I totally get that and it would be one of my dreams if it weren't so impractical. A friend rented a track car there and had a lifetime experience. I applaud your ambition and hope it works out in your favor. Please keep us posted.
That is awesome! I can not wait to get over there and onto the track. The first time I was in Germany I had a full size pick up so the ring was not a viable option at the time. so I feel blessed to be able to get this second chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
Assume Military ordered? If so, thank you for your service.

Would be awesome to drive the nurburing course. Is the Autobahn still unlimited speed?

Safe travels,
Thank you for your support! Yes the autobahn has section of it that has "no speed limit" but military rules state that if we are going over a certain speed and get into a accident they wont cover healthcare and stuff like that. Now don't quote me on this lol but I'm pretty sure its anything over 100mph they wont cover us.

Ill be sure to upload photos of me and my car registered in Germany and not impounded....lmao
Muffler Delete, Skip Shift Eliminator, Billet "Camaro" Reservoir Caps. Ported TB, Ported Intake Manifold, Stainless Power 1 7/8" with offroad pipes, MGW Short Shifter, Procharger P1SC-1 HO kit, Mighty Mouse Catch Can.
joseph.lord344 is offline   Reply With Quote