Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Recently installed - Oracle RGB ColorShift Scanner

Installed a few days ago and my 11 yr old son loves it.

https://youtu.be/JT-3h3C11Vc
Attached Images

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #2
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Haha, I'm 29 and I love it too! Looks good!

Bonus points if your name is Michael
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
Haha, I'm 29 and I love it too! Looks good!

Bonus points if your name is Michael

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Expect it to last a year..... 2 times installed scanners..... went back to stock; one was even the very originals with clear plastic epoxy covering. They look nice for a show, bout it.....They seem to be just a plastic light bar from China........
Old 02-07-2018, 08:06 PM   #5
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Expect it to last a year..... 2 times installed scanners..... went back to stock; one was even the very originals with clear plastic epoxy covering. They look nice for a show, bout it.....They seem to be just a plastic light bar from China........
I was thinking the same when I received it. I was hoping for better quality and it didn't have it. Also wished I could set a slower speed for the scanner and this was the slowest I could get it. Will see how it goes. Is there a better LED scanner version out there other than Oracle?

Old 02-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #6
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
As of today, by coincidence my Oracle scanner is not functioning like it should. I noticed it when I was hand washing the car and using a high pressure hose, that now the scanner came on automatically and was stuck in demo mode. I could not turn it off. Instead I had to open the hood and hit the D button to turn it off at close range to the box that the scanner came with in which the wires ran into. After the car dried off, the problem remains. Is it the battery in the remote that is doing this? Or did the scanner crap out?

Old 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
LAST Scanner I did was a crappy plastic covered thick mil plastic over a regular light bar that you had to heat and bend and set into the nose by cutting reliefs into the mail slot, after less than a year the plastic cracked out and it shorted due to water. High pressure water hose....not so good. Most likely you could buy the same scanner lightbar on ebay for 1/2 the price, so I do not know a better on out there..Good LUCK.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I was thinking the same when I received it. I was hoping for better quality and it didn't have it. Also wished I could set a slower speed for the scanner and this was the slowest I could get it. Will see how it goes. Is there a better LED scanner version out there other than Oracle?
My Oracle scanner stopped working 2 days after Oracle installed it. I called them they sent me a new one and that one worked for a week. I finally gave up on it and cut my losses as I rarely drive the car. Good luck with that POS scanner hope it works out for you.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #9
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Aren't these lights illegal almost everywhere?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #10
JOURDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Aren't these lights illegal almost everywhere?
Only if you turn them on while driving, or in public.
JOURDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #11
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
LOL. got totally busted driving with one on my car back in the 80's.
yes, they are super illegal everywhere while driving!
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote