Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #71
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
HMMMM I hope these vendors start reading these post and get there customer service together
AAC hasn't in the years I've been a member on this board. It's always been the same issue with them. And nothing is EVER their fault. The p13ws were gms fault because AAC didn't do their homework, then it was an additional $40 plus shipping to "upgrade" to non matching plasmas so they would work. Shipping is almost always the culprit. Look, in those pics, the shipper un packaged them, stripped the paint off, took some sandpaper to the edges, packed it back up and delivered it! Clearly that's what happened.

But at least you're protected by a warranty in which you pay shipping both ways, wait weeks, and get treated like a hostage negotiation.

And I even was willing to pay them a sizable sum of money to build a custom part for me, until they told me they would not provide installation or wiring instructions because it wasn't a standard part for them.

They have this core group of fan boys that will stand behind them no matter what, which is absolutely baffling to me.

I wouldn't ever give them another red cent.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #72
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
I think its funny stieger has defended AAC more than AAC has.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #73
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
I think its funny stieger has defended AAC more than AAC has.
Well the two I can currently be spending my time: on Camaro5 or re-copying my Physiology notes.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #74
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
AAC hasn't in the years I've been a member on this board. It's always been the same issue with them. And nothing is EVER their fault. The p13ws were gms fault because AAC didn't do their homework, then it was an additional $40 plus shipping to "upgrade" to non matching plasmas so they would work. Shipping is almost always the culprit. Look, in those pics, the shipper un packaged them, stripped the paint off, took some sandpaper to the edges, packed it back up and delivered it! Clearly that's what happened.

But at least you're protected by a warranty in which you pay shipping both ways, wait weeks, and get treated like a hostage negotiation.

And I even was willing to pay them a sizable sum of money to build a custom part for me, until they told me they would not provide installation or wiring instructions because it wasn't a standard part for them.

They have this core group of fan boys that will stand behind them no matter what, which is absolutely baffling to me.

I wouldn't ever give them another red cent.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Word

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #75
AntzV

Drives: blacked out 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Are you talking about the inside of the mirror being unprinted?

Considering the mirrors don't get painted until after they are assembled it makes sense that the inside isn't painted. I don't see why AAC would take the mirrors back apart to paint them. I mean that would double their workload.
They should probably paint everything before assembly right? Just don't make sense to assembly the mirrors and then mask it off and then paint!! Talk about a doubling their workload. They should also have some QC before sending out products that'll save em time and take some workload off someone lol

I also like how AAC chimed in and didn't take any responsibility for their poor quality, man up and take responsibility for your actions don't blame shipping
AntzV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #76
butters

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Well the two I can currently be spending my time: on Camaro5 or re-copying my Physiology notes.
I know the feeling, this site is addicting!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #77
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
We took pictures and posted photos of these mirrors before they shipped and the paint was flawless with no scratches or blemishes. Something happened in shipping between here and when you received it and we will take care of getting a new set shipped out to you right away. Customer service replied to your email this morning when we received it and I also sent you a follow-up p.m. please check both so we can straighten out the situation immediately
You mean to tell me between your shop and his place of residence the paint fell off behind the mirror? Wish excuses weren't made and some one around here would be honest and just say yeah, we screwed up.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #78
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
The only thing that stuns me, and has made me leery of buying more products from ACC, is the requirement to pay to have the items shipped back when they were shipped non working.

I’ve only had a few experiences with having to ship items back that I remember, twice with Tiger direct, once with NEC and a few auto parts websites.

But all of them have reimbursed me the shipping as soon as they verified the part was not working, and did not charge me for shipping the new part back.

What I get from the various threads is that even when something has to be sent back multiples times, the customer is footing the bill for shipping and not getting reimbursed. Is that in fact correct?

Why do you think companies big and small pay large amounts for QC departments. If a company could expect to succeed without it no one would lay in that kind of nonprofit department at all.

Things happen, stuff doesn’t work and there are delays, but for a company to expect the customer to pay even $1 to correct something that is not the fault of the customer in any way, and not refund that customer when it is confirmed it is the companies fault, and yes improperly boxing equipment to meet normal wear and tear during shipment would be under that category, is not pardonable, and you should fully expect bad PR and losing customers before you even get them in today’s internet world.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #79
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
You mean to tell me between your shop and his place of residence the paint fell off behind the mirror? Wish excuses weren't made and some one around here would be honest and just say yeah, we screwed up.
I'm sure AAC knew there was no paint on the inside of the housing. I believe they're referring to the scratches/smudges on the exterior of the mirror housing.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #80
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
updated OP. i've been in contact with AAC and they are going to ship out another set next tuesday. i'm pretty sure the paint wasn't fully cured before they were packed, causing the scratches and worn through paint. not being fully painted though is a different story. this is a picture from about 6 feet away and you can clearly see they weren't completely painted, thats what upsets me most.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #81
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
At the price that I paid for these mirrors, I would expect the quality to be perfect! If I see anything I'm not happy with, they will go back so quick. I'm a perfectionist by the way!
OVERPAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #82
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
updated OP. i've been in contact with AAC and they are going to ship out another set next tuesday. i'm pretty sure the paint wasn't fully cured before they were packed, causing the scratches and worn through paint. not being fully painted though is a different story. this is a picture from about 6 feet away and you can clearly see they weren't completely painted, thats what upsets me most.
Yea. If mine show up with that kind of paint job, Im sending them back.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #83
butters

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERPAR73 View Post
At the price that I paid for these mirrors, I would expect the quality to be perfect! If I see anything I'm not happy with, they will go back so quick. I'm a perfectionist by the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Yea. If mine show up with that kind of paint job, Im sending them back.
Looks like AAC is going to be busy the next couple of weeks.

The one thing they have been pretty good about is they paid to have my sidemarkers shipped backed 3 different times. I only ended up paying like $4 to combine them with another order.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #84
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
Looking back at the initial AAC post: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=mirrors it sure looks, to me, like your actual mirrors(glass) are too small. Maybe it's the paint, iono. Also, the pictures in the "advertised" product in that post show fully painted mirrors, inside and out. On the other hand, ordering something "limited production" without pictures or a full, accurate, and total description(something for you to fall back on if you don't like them) of the final product is just not wise, IN MY OPINION. You have to be ready for all kinds of issues on a product from a new design/build. The risk is all on the consumer in this case. Good luck getting it starightened out!!! In my opinion they don't have to do anything other than fix the outside paint, unless it doesn't function as described.