Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #29
DeeLight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS Red Jewel Tint
I had these installed yesterday and the front went on with no problems. The rears were a pain if you did not remove the rear wheel. I installed on a 2010 Camaro 2LT RS and these instructions help a lot.
You will definitely need a tool like the one indicated in the picture or a pair on long needle nose pliers and a Phillips screw bit to get the job done. IMO the set is NOT worth $50 plus s/h. The quality is not there. They are thin. I will say, once on they look nice and I will see how well they perform in a couple of weeks. I was going to do a DIY, but by the time I purchased parts in my area it came up to $40+ dollars and that was without cutting out the shape and spending my time in a hot and humid garage. It would be nice and IMO expected if the splash guards came with instructions or at least a video on their web-page of an install. For the rear, the screws and screw housing had to be cut down because they were too long.
DeeLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:26 AM   #30
Scrappydoo56

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS
TASII - Great instructions! This product is mediocre at best. The front guards are better than the rear and go on fairly easily. The 3M tape is a must as the clip they send will just scratch the paint. The rear guards are horrible to install. The spacers and screws are too long and the angle bracket they send has an unknown use. There really isn't enough area for the 3M tape to bite on back there and it doesn't stick well to the wheel well material (even after multiple cleanings with alcohol and some other cleaners). I gave the install a shot and I will say they are fairly stealth. Overall, I would not recommend these. Mainly because the rear set fastening system does not hold them securely enough for me. I took them back off after one day.
Scrappydoo56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:05 PM   #31
swagner

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Mine didn't even come with the screw driver. Had scratches and only 3 of the cheap tube spacing. Joke for $50
swagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:29 PM   #32
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I agree. This product is such a joke. No instructions, poor hardware, low quality. Reputable vendors should not be selling this overpriced garbage.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote