Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
B1G-AL

Drives: 09 Bullitt, 08 H3 Alpha, Ram SS/T
Rattles and creaks

Ok, I've owned dozens of GM vehicles and they all get the infamous rattling noises all around the interior as they get older due to the excessive use of hard plastics, but I'm starting to hear them all over my nearly new Camaro LS with only 7000 miles. The drivers cloth seat creaks like an old spring mattress all the time; it just started doing this maybe a month or so ago. I weigh 170lbs so I doubt its stress on the seat. The creaking is loud and happens anytime I move the slightest bit in my seat. It's coming from the top half of the seat. I'm also hearing a constant rattle in the drivers door, which is probably an easy fix with the door panel off, but at 7000 miles? There is also a little crackling sound that comes from the drivers side tweeter speaker that happens if I hit a bump and goes away if I tap it. These little things usually wouldn't bother me but the car is barely over a year old! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same interior noises and how they've fixed them...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Camaro57

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
I already have a very annoying creaking sound coming from the center of the dashboard at 3600 miles on my Camaro.
Camaro57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
nealdiwes

Drives: 2011 camaro ls
Turn up the radio; but it is sad to already have rattles with 7K miles.
nealdiwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about all the extra noise some of you are getting. If it can be replicated your dealer should be able to get this taken care of for you. If any of you take your vehicles in let me know. I'd like to help if the need arises.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
2 and 1/2 years and no rattles or noises,as yet,knock on wood.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
I have such an annoying clicking type sound coming from the passenger door tweeter speaker area as well. I think it might actually be the hard plastic strip that runs across on the dash - it seems like it could be coming a little lose.

I have a feeling if I take it to the dealer to have them fix it they'll think it's stupid, but it's so annoying to hear that clicking every time I'm driving on uneven pavement.

So far that's been my only "noise" issue in 50,000 miles.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 AM   #7
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
My heater was making a high pitched ticking noise on the second and third setting...drove me nuts. I took it into my dealership and they heard it as well. It was something with the fan and they replaced it. But yesterday, I had my heater turned up to the highest setting (it was cold!) and it was making a different kind of sound like a high humming. Annoying. The passenger side window sounded like air was coming through when the window was up, so they looked at that too and said theyfixed it. On the way home, air began whistling through another part of the window. Once and awhile, I hear a loud clunk in the back/lower portion of the car, they said they couldn't replicate it even though there is a TSB regarding that noise and apparently it's a software issue or something of that sort. But since they couldn't replicate, it will not get fixed. All these noises and not to even mention my brakes...I filed a complaint through GM Customer Service because the brakes squeak constantly when they are slightly pressed (like coming up to a stop light, parking, etc.) My dealership looked at them twice and said they couldn't replicate the squeak, but as soon as I would drive out of the dealership parking lot, they'd squeak. I gave up. They told me that there was a problem with SS brakes, not the V6 models and there was nothing they could do. I know I'm not the only one with the brake issue and frankly, it's not only annoying, but embarassing! I have driven cars older with more miles on them than mine that don't have half the noises that I've gotten. I still love my car, but pretty disappointed about the brake issue and all the other little annoying noises. :(
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #8
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry to hear about all the extra noise some of you are getting. If it can be replicated your dealer should be able to get this taken care of for you. If any of you take your vehicles in let me know. I'd like to help if the need arises.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Yeah everytime my car went to the dealer it came back in worse shape than I took it in. No thanks. All it does now is rattle thanks to them and still have gouged dash that they never fixed from when they gouged every piece of plastic in the car fixing the A/C drain leak when my car turned into a swamp.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Alas, this is the GM way. I've never owned a GM car that didn't rattle like crazy on every bump. Mine started at 6-7,000 miles. The wife's LTZ Tahoe started at around 15,000. I turn the radio up, rattle goes away.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote