Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #1
bcasurvey

Drives: 2014 2ss rs a6
OBDII-bluetooth dongle and torque app

i have a SLP supercharger on my car (2014 2SS L99) with a custom tune on it from FSP for about 3 years now with no issues.
i bought a OBDII-bluetooth dongle and using the TORQUE phone APP. and was playing around with it last night and my traction control lights up and my power steering quit working and it seemed to run a little stange. i need to check it again this morning but my BIG QUESTION IS- is it possible to mess up my custom tune with that TORQUE APP? and if so how can i check it to make sure i don't blow my car up???? thanks for any help....
bcasurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
bcasurvey

Drives: 2014 2ss rs a6
update-- my traction control reset itself and my power steering is working today but i have no way of knowing if i changed anything in my tune. is there a way to check my tune? i dont want to find out the hard way that something changed and blew up my motor. thx
bcasurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #3
seishuku

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
No way it could mess with ECU calibration, there are security checks that will prevent accidental changes.

It is possible that the adapter just overloaded the CANbus with data, causing the modules to lose communication and fault out.

A quick key off/on will usually clear any module comm faults (or just unplug the offending module, the ELM adapter in this case), worst case you have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes.

Better question is why the ELM OBD2 adapter is doing that, it shouldn't... Unless maybe there are too many parameters being requested by Torque, I don't know.
seishuku is offline   Reply With Quote