Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
SHO, because engine is most likely built for FI. With just a turbo-back exhaust and tune you get around a 25% increase on many turbo engines, that's a pretty huge gain, compared to something like 5% for NA with a standard "exhaust n intake" setup. Put bigger turbos and intercoolers (as long as the injectors and pump can handle it) on there and you can be screaming, just make sure the rest of the car can take it, but you can often do the more moderate upgrades on these cars without much worry.
The problem the EcoBoost is it is a Direct Inject motor and there is no way to upgrade the High Pressure Fuel Pump... So once that runs out of capacity you are looking at some kind of add on fueling system, as there is currently no way to upgrade the HPFP...

Livernois however is working on some very nice upgrade things...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #30
MauriSSio
Banned

Drives: 1968 Ford Galaxie
Quote:
Originally Posted by glazr69 View Post
..... ppl with the SHO try to show off at lights, and I blow by them no problem even with their head starts.....
does everyone street race their new taurus sho's where you live?? ive actually only seen a couple SHO's on the street here.

BTW my friends RT charger gets closer to 16mpg in normal everyday driving. If you get 22mpg WHILE abusing the pedal, then that has to be some kind of record not even the guys on the charger boards are averaging that much with "spirited driving". This is by going with actual calculations at the pump.
MauriSSio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #31
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
SHO
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
IMHO, both are fantastic cars. It was one of the cars I tried to get my brother to look at when he was looking for a car. Sat in one front and back of both and one thing with the SHO it didn't have the room, especially legroom a car that large should have. that said I love the interior design of the thing. Charger seems to be quite a bit roomier inside and I love the entertainment features. The CHarger has a pretty big price advantage too. Performancewise they are both pretty close. Drive both, then decide.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #33
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
As always the camaro5 forums deliver. Keep the replies coming i enjoy reading peoples opinion on this subject . Thrillz
Old 02-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Agree on the Ford MyTouch... has been a bit of a disaster... but they appear to be working through the bugs... Our Flex doesn't have MyTouch... just the Sync which works quite well..
This I'm glad to hear.. the my touch is the only thing that (in my opinion) keeps fords from having stellar interiors.. and EVERY car ford brings to the auto shows, it seems like, is equipped with this package..
Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #35
glazr69

Drives: 2011 Charger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriSSio View Post
does everyone street race their new taurus sho's where you live?? ive actually only seen a couple SHO's on the street here.

BTW my friends RT charger gets closer to 16mpg in normal everyday driving. If you get 22mpg WHILE abusing the pedal, then that has to be some kind of record not even the guys on the charger boards are averaging that much with "spirited driving". This is by going with actual calculations at the pump.
the SHO seems to be a very popular trim for the taurus that i've seen.. gotta be about 25% of the tauruses I see on the road.

I should have also mentioned I drive a 70 mile round trip drive to work every day. The highway miles help..

..And the EVIC is horrible at calculating MPG's.. its always 2-3 MPG's higher than what i'm calculating at the pump.