Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #15
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
x2martell24 - If you drive your Camaro at (or below) the speed limit at all times, you may not notice the significant difference. You don't have to be on the track to notice it. But if you're going to be on the dragstrip, you'll notice the increased traction and more confidence off the line with our undercar Chassis Max Brace.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:43 AM   #16
Hotchkis

Drives: 1st through 5th gen Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Mamba View Post
Same boat, it just that I noticed ppl who were mixing and matching were having various problems until they swapped of for same brand stuff. I'm just trying to see which parts work good together. Make sure you post results when you do decide

Every aftermarket suspension manufacturer has a different idea of how to make a car handle better. Some like to have more spring rate (and different progression of rate) and less sway bar (roll stiffness) and some prefer to have more sway bar. When you mix and match springs and sway bars (and other components) from different manufacturers, you are taking a chance that you’re mixing high spring rates and too much roll stiffness or too little of both.

Sticking to a single manufacturer makes sure you get a car that performs the way it was designed.
Hotchkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Every aftermarket suspension manufacturer has a different idea of how to make a car handle better. Some like to have more spring rate (and different progression of rate) and less sway bar (roll stiffness) and some prefer to have more sway bar. When you mix and match springs and sway bars (and other components) from different manufacturers, you are taking a chance that you’re mixing high spring rates and too much roll stiffness or too little of both.

Sticking to a single manufacturer makes sure you get a car that performs the way it was designed.
I intend on purchasing your track pack when I come across a good deal, or if you would like me to showcase your products at shows for a discounted price.
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #18
HBMike

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green HBR
I've had the Hotchkis Race setup on my car since the time we started selling it. I take my car to the track often enough to be able to tell you this setup is an outstanding way to bring the suspension up to where it should of been from the factory.

The single most important piece would be the under chassis brace. This takes pretty much all wheel hop out of the back and gives the car substantial control. The rear sway bar I would say has been another extreme help. I run the bar on its max setting being i run 315's in the rear.

The springs are substantially better than the other brands we've used. Eibachs would un**** themselves if the car was lifted or if the car hit a large bump. I do know Hotchkis has put an extreme amount of time into getting the right spring rate for our cars.

If you're in the orange county area and want to see what it feels like stop on by for a ride!
Wilwood 6 Pistons -Magnaflow X-Cat back - CDC Havoc Styling - TSW Wheels - Roadwire Custom Green Leather Interior - Hotchkis Race Suspension - Whiteline Flatout - KW V3 Suspension - 3M Wraps - Toyo Tires - IPF Supercharger - Vortech V3 - Airaid Filters
HBMike is offline   Reply With Quote