Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #1
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Verts with cams

Who's got'em? What kit did you install? Is it too loud with top down?

Really wanna do a cam but I am wondering about the sound level with top down.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #2
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
I don't think of it as "sound", I think of it as music to my ears.
As far as the sound, it's not much worse than a performance exhaust.
Good luck in what ever you decide to do.
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
There must be verts with cams out there ???
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Go to YouTube and type Nickey Camaro Convertible. There's some cars there that are camed that you might like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
There must be verts with cams out there ???
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #5
dbauer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 Convertible
Just installed a 224/236 114 in my car last week, with a set of long tube ARH headers flowing into a set of catback Borla Touring exhaust.
Sound is just a little louder than when I had the Borlas only at cruising and city speeds. But when I open it up it has a very nice growl, much louder, but won't rattle my teeth. Personally I love the sound level and pitch on this set up.
dbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM   #6
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
I have a LS 9 cam with Whipple supercharger. With my Corsa exhaust it is as quiet as stock untill you smash the go pedal. No drone nothing at cruising rpm all the way up to 85 mph. Quiet as stock.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
AMMUSCLE

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VERT M6
I have the JRE 750 Rough Idle Cam Package with PFADT Tri-Y headers and Hi Flow Cats.
I even have the Mild 2 Wild in the Homelink.
I have the DashLogic, which can close the exhaust flaps.
So I can control the sound all the way around.
But I drive 99% of the time with the exhaust completely open.

At startup with the top down its sounds amazing. Its only loud if your behind the car.

At idle it is music to my ears. I just love the sound.
No one is mistaken that you have a beast under the hood and everyone looks over at stop signs or lights as the car idles. Yes the Vert gets the looks, but with the cam I find every motor head just wants to get behind you to hear the motor.

When you get on the gas, yes the monster under the hood will wake up the dead, calling them to come out and play. But that is by choice. And I make this choice every time I drive it, gladly.

I can drive around with my wife and hold a conversation very easy and make phone calls with just the wind as noise.

So smooth or rough idle? The sound and power is your choice.

Find someone that has the mods you are looking for or thinking about and get them to send you a sound clip.

Last edited by AMMUSCLE; 07-01-2014 at 03:02 PM.
AMMUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
I have a Texas Speed LS3 231/236 .644"/613" cam sitting on my shelf for about two years now. Still waiting to run 11s with just bolt ons first. I can't wait for the awesome sound.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote