Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #15
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
It would be best to buy a Camaro in the fall after saving from your summer job. The prices of Camaros will drop in fall because it is considered a warm weather car.

One bad thing is that you live in the frozen tundra of CT and probably will not want to drive it in the snowy northern winter....now that I think of it you would be better off with a cool looking 4x4 truck than a Camaro. I know I grew up and lived in CT for 45 years.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #16
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Don't be stupid and spend you're entire bank account on a car. If you parents won't cover a portion of it don't bother. I assume you'll be going to college soon. You will need that money.
This 100%. Don't bury yourself in debt at a young age. Go to college, get a good job, then buy anything your heart desires. Be smart.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #17
rozarioorlan

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
if you can afford it then i'd say go for a 2012-2015. i got my 2013 2LS when i was 17 (parents didn't buy it for me, it is a whole other story) and love it. it taught me responsibility on the road and caring for my car. i went from buying the car not even knowing what a camaro was to being outside everyday trying to install something new on it. everything i learned about cars was because of my camaro and modding it, being with the camaro community and just learning new things along the way makes me so thankful for getting one! it really is a great car to get if you can afford it and the community is a wonderful place. i'm 18 now, soon to be 19 btw
2013 2LS - K&N CAI, Overkill Ported 80mm Throttle Body, Overkill E85 Kit and Overkill Tune, Jacfab Ported Intake Manifold and Spacer, Stealth 3.0 TC, ARH Catted Downpipes, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, Resonator Delete, Jones Full Boar Racing Mufflers, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Seperator
rozarioorlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #18
mikeusaf

Drives: 1999 Toyota Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Don't be stupid and spend you're entire bank account on a car. If you parents won't cover a portion of it don't bother. I assume you'll be going to college soon. You will need that money.
Yeah I definitely don't plan on taking everything out of my bank account to pay for the car. To be completely honest, I really don't have any idea what kind of career I want. That's why I am going to community college for two years right after I graduate high school so I can have more time to think about what it is that I would like to major in. Also, I plan on joining the Air National Guard during that time and I think that will help give me a good idea of what kind of career I would like. I guess I can negotiate something with my parents, but they already do a lot for me and I feel like this is something I should tackle by myself.
mikeusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:25 PM   #19
CHR1SS

Drives: 2018 1SS
It sounds like you have a pretty good head on your shoulders. I just traded in a Jeep Wrangler for my first Chevy/Camaro. I picked up a 2013 LS. It is a great car, well built and the gas mileage is amazing. I would love an SS or ZL1, but life mandates practicality for the time being. I have been checking out the forum, and it looks like there is a lot we can do with our model. I have read some great posts on nitrous and supercharges... Awesome! Shops around. I got a great deal on a 2013 with only 26,000 miles. I think they only drove it on the weekends.
CHR1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:03 PM   #20
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
First a foremost you need to know what your budget is going to be. How much of a monthly payment you can afford, insurance, gas money.
By going into the Air Guard, check to make sure CT will pay for in state tuition, and opt to pay into the GI Bill when you get to basic training. Consider going Active Duty if you dont have any solid ties to being in CT, the Air Force is looking to increase its numbers over the next few years. I have just over 16 years AD, if you have any questions let me know.
Buying your first car brings alot of self pride. Just be sure to have your ducks in a row before committing to a debt that youll pay on for up to 5 years.
I track wrecked Z/28s Total lost -41
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #21
AaronA

Drives: 2015 CAMARO 1LE
i got my 2014 Camaro Ls when i was 16 but later on i got a 2015 1LE and that was a mistake i still have it but i cant drive it that much because of gas money
AaronA is offline   Reply With Quote