Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #29
strykerg8gt

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Every time I see a ZR1, I immediately think of this commercial. Still one of my favorites of all time. Congrats to the OP on the fantastic purchase.

strykerg8gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #30
crabapple

Drives: '12 ZR1
Very cool commercial.....
crabapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:09 PM   #31
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Aeswome! Hopfully it doesn't turn you into a pretentious ass. Lol

Congratulations! Love white.
Not a chance in hell.....People that let cars or anything material do that to them are not my kind of people and I refuse to associate myself with them. Camaro5 will always be at the top of my list of forums to visit and chat. I have met a lot of great people from here and very fortunate to call most of them friends!!! Great group of ladies and gents here and I'm very proud to have been a member.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:56 PM   #32
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Not a chance in hell.....People that let cars or anything material do that to them are not my kind of people and I refuse to associate myself with them. Camaro5 will always be at the top of my list of forums to visit and chat. I have met a lot of great people from here and very fortunate to call most of them friends!!! Great group of ladies and gents here and I'm very proud to have been a member.
I feel the same way. I still spend a lot of time browsing this forum, as well as the Corvette forum. I really like the people here......always extremely helpful and positive with comments.
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #33
ss196709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Was looking at the same car in Chicago to trade my 14 zl1 on but didn't want one with the miles it had on it very beautiful car and love the color congrats!
ss196709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #34
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss196709 View Post
Was looking at the same car in Chicago to trade my 14 zl1 on but didn't want one with the miles it had on it very beautiful car and love the color congrats!
The miles was not a concern of mine as I'm buying the car to enjoy and not collect. At 30,000 miles it saved me a ton of money in the purchase so all is good. With my job, I average about 3000-4000 miles a year on my weekend cars so by no means will the car ever be what is considered a high mileage car or at least not be me.

PM Sent
Old 07-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #35
NVERL8TE

Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by strykerg8gt View Post
Every time I see a ZR1, I immediately think of this commercial. Still one of my favorites of all time. Congrats to the OP on the fantastic purchase.

Very cool commerical, I had forgot about that one. I like it even better than the corvette blowing out the candles.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #36
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Shit you not, I almost purchased THAT exact car off of eBay 2 weeks ago. I was a click away! (And I mean THAT car, not another white ZR-1) Nice ride! Let us (Me) know what I missed! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to getting the car and seeing what it's like. Have some mods planned for it that should wake it up!!!

My cousins got a ZR-1...It's an absolute monster. He's done Headers (Catless), X, Corsa Xtreme, Bigger Intercooler, Pulley (Not sure which size), Intake, and a Tune. He's at 650 RWHP and it scares the ever living shit out of you, pulls so hard you feel like a jet pilot (Ok maybe exaggerating here)...By far the fastest car I've been in as far as usable power.

*YOU WILL NEED SOME DRAG RADIALS ASAP* (Nitto NT05Rs are great, I've got them on my Z06 and my cousin has put them on his ZR1) (It will also make your ZL1 feel slow unless it was 800+ RWHP.)
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:43 PM   #37
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Shit you not, I almost purchased THAT exact car off of eBay 2 weeks ago. I was a click away! (And I mean THAT car, not another white ZR-1) Nice ride! Let us (Me) know what I missed! Haha

My cousins got a ZR-1...It's an absolute monster. He's done Headers (Catless), X, Corsa Xtreme, Bigger Intercooler, Pulley (Not sure which size), Intake, and a Tune. He's at 650 RWHP and it scares the ever living shit out of you, pulls so hard you feel like a jet pilot (Ok maybe exaggerating here)...By far the fastest car I've been in as far as usable power.

*YOU WILL NEED SOME DRAG RADIALS ASAP* (Nitto NT05Rs are great, I've got them on my Z06 and my cousin has put them on his ZR1) (It will also make your ZL1 feel slow unless it was 800+ RWHP.)
Looking forward to the car being delivered. I have started putting the build together and looking for 800 RWHP. I'm going to check and see if the Toyo 888's come in the OEM sizes and my second choice will be the Nitto's. My ZL1 was at 700 RWHP and I want to feel the difference between the two. I'll keep you posted!!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #38
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Sweet man! Drive it like you stole it!

(700 WHP ZL1 might be pretty close to a bonestock ZR-1 in a straight line, but do some turns and you'll be blown away put some mods on that ZR-1 like you plan and hold on to your ass!) One thing to consider though, my cousin says that at 650 wheel he's approaching the limit of the stock clutch (I think 700 WHP is max recommended), a new upgraded clutch will run you several grand to do it right, look into that for sure if you plan for 800.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:58 PM   #39
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Sweet man! Drive it like you stole it!

(700 WHP ZL1 might be pretty close to a bonestock ZR-1 in a straight line, but do some turns and you'll be blown away put some mods on that ZR-1 like you plan and hold on to your ass!) One thing to consider though, my cousin says that at 650 wheel he's approaching the limit of the stock clutch (I think 700 WHP is max recommended), a new upgraded clutch will run you several grand to do it right, look into that for sure if you plan for 800.
We have talked briefly about the clutch but haven't really gotten into the deep details yet. Started with the motor and cooling first then going to clutch then to suspension. My main goal is to have a reliable but bad-ass ZR1.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:06 PM   #40
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
Hey man, I did the same thing......sold my beloved ZL1 and got a ZR1. ZL1 was a great car but the ZR1 is an unbelievable beast. I love the white!.....but when it came to the Vette I had to get red! I still check this forum out because I really like the Camaro group......most guys seem cool on the Corvette forum, but there are a few that have a superiority complex!
When I had my 73 Corvette, (long before a lot of guys on this forum were born), there was this joke about Corvette owners:
"What's the difference between a porcupine and a Corvette? The pricks are on the outside of the porcupine." (I can say this because I'm still a Corvette owner at heart)