Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
that is not true, there was a canadian chevrolet that was based on a suzuki that had a transverse front drive inline six. which is what this car has as well. and the canadian car was also called a Epica too.

Daewoo Magnus and other cars that shared the body and mechanicals
Unless I'm reading things wrong, don't we agree? Lengthwise=longitudinal, sideways=transverse. And I don't know of a any car to have a transverse engine with rear drive.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM   #30
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Quote:
The Daewoo Tosca is a mid-size car built by GM Daewoo in South Korea and marketed worldwide by General Motors mainly as Chevrolet Epica, but also as the Holden Epica. It replaces the Daewoo Magnus and its derivatives. The Chevrolet Epica was officially launched in Europe at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show. The internal code for this model is V250, and is unique in that it is powered transversely-mounted straight six engines.[1] Contrary to the preceding models (V100 Leganza and V200 Magnus), which were styled by Giugiaro, the V250 was designed entirely in-house. The car was also introduced to Australia in April 2007, under the name Holden Epica, replacing the Holden Vectra.
From Wikipedia
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Whatever it is, I don't really like it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #32
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Unless I'm reading things wrong, don't we agree? Lengthwise=longitudinal, sideways=transverse. And I don't know of a any car to have a transverse engine with rear drive.
You are right, except that a few mid (and rear?) engined cars have RWD and transversely mounted engines. The Fiero & MR2 off hand, probably the current crop of Lotuses as well.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #33
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Whatever it is, I don't really like it.
I was thinking the same honestly.. Looks like crap

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote