Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2015, 05:40 PM   #15
Nick97

Drives: 2015 SS Camaro
I don't think you want a car that's about 5-6 years old with only a 100 miles on it, isn't that terrible for the engine?

I'v seen brand new 2014-15 2SS's go for under 30k OTD with that recent GM sale, I wouldn't look at it unless it's comfortably under 20k.
Nick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #16
SSinFL

Drives: 2016 SS/2SS Convertible A8 MRC NPP
Just purchased a new 2014 SS/2SS convertible with the 20% off program in December. Dealer discounted it an additional 2K and with another $1500 in GM money, I drove it to home for 32K. Best car deal I have ever made. I plan to drive it to the auction this weekend.
SSinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:38 PM   #17
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
wow SS in FL. 32 K for a new 2ss vert????? wow. hell, i paid 31K for my new 2LT vert in Oct. 2013. man. now i feel like i was ripped off after all the negotiation and i had GM car points too. oh well. it was still under invoice. but , dang, i going to have you deal for me on my next car!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 10:44 PM   #18
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I am guessing that, typically anyway, cars go for less at auctions compared to other places. From what I have seen of auctions, at least from the used car end of it, cars always go for less on the block VS the street.

If I was to bring that car into a dealer to trade it in, I would bet they wouldn't give me much for it.
You might be surprised, I know it's somewhat of a gimmick, but I feel like the used SS market is pretty good. I walked around my dealer lot in Cary, NC while waiting 3.5 hours for a damn coolant flush and they really had almost no used Camaros. I have no doubt I could get a bit more than KBB trade value for my 2010, especially looking at the fact most 2010s with semi low mileage are going for almost 25k still.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:42 AM   #19
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I would love it for someone to update this thread when it sells. I'll never follow it otherwise. That car is worth as much as 20-26k, spotless and perfect like we all think that car is, its worth 26.

In terrible shape and if you take away the fact that its got basically no miles on it then its worth only 16k.

I think it will be fall between the 16k and 20k mark. But If I knew what I was talking about, I would be in the car business!!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:00 AM   #20
bareisong

Drives: bmw
There are too many out there for it to be that collectable.
bareisong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:00 AM   #21
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareisong View Post
I agree. At the end of the day its just a 2SS Coupe. Nothing special about from what we can see.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 04:37 AM   #22
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Let's add another one.........from Barrett-Jackson

2013 - ZL-1 convertible- 368 miles....Lot # 750, sell today...

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Event...ERTIBLE-180321

sale price?

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:27 AM   #23
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareisong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
I agree. At the end of the day its just a 2SS Coupe. Nothing special about from what we can see.
Where did anyone call it a collectable??

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #24
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Where did anyone call it a collectable??
We're trying to guess the price and determining if it's collectable or not has a huge impace on that...
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #25
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
I'm not sure where some of you are getting the sub 20k range from. I am almost positive it will sell for about trade in value, but I haven't seen an SS without a salvage title out there no matter the miles under 20k.

I agree, there is no collectors value right now, but these cars are holding their value very well compared to other models. 30k-60k mile SS repo or dealer trade in cars that don't make the cut are selling at dealer only auctions around here in the low 20k dollar range.

And as far as the sitting being bad for the motor, the only thing that may have been affected is if any of the seals dried out from the car not being started. But with the new materials used in seals, I highly doubt that is of any concern. but it is easy to tell, fire it up and look for drips.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:00 AM   #26
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
I'm not sure where some of you are getting the sub 20k range from. I am almost positive it will sell for about trade in value, but I haven't seen an SS without a salvage title out there no matter the miles under 20k.

I agree, there is no collectors value right now, but these cars are holding their value very well compared to other models. 30k-60k mile SS repo or dealer trade in cars that don't make the cut are selling at dealer only auctions around here in the low 20k dollar range.

And as far as the sitting being bad for the motor, the only thing that may have been affected is if any of the seals dried out from the car not being started. But with the new materials used in seals, I highly doubt that is of any concern. but it is easy to tell, fire it up and look for drips.

based on this,

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2010/...-2SS-V8/Values

http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/camaro/...condition=fair
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 01-15-2015, 10:01 AM   #27
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
I am guessing that, typically anyway, cars go for less at auctions compared to other places. From what I have seen of auctions, at least from the used car end of it, cars always go for less on the block VS the street.

If I was to bring that car into a dealer to trade it in, I would bet they wouldn't give me much for it.
Yea, right ! I guess you don't know how much trade in ppl are getting on these! Maybe if it was a Mustang GT could be only given that much on a trade in! But I haven't seen anybody trade in their car for anything under 19k! Unless it gas a lot of miles on it!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #28
1KillerSS

Quote:
I would love it for someone to update this thread when it sells. I'll never follow it otherwise. That car is worth as much as 20-26k, spotless and perfect like we all think that car is, its worth 26.

In terrible shape and if you take away the fact that its got basically no miles on it then its worth only 16k.

I think it will be fall between the 16k and 20k mark. But If I knew what I was talking about, I would be in the car business!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Yea, right ! I guess you don't know how much trade in ppl are getting on these! Maybe if it was a Mustang GT could be only given that much on a trade in! But I haven't seen anybody trade in their car for anything under 19k! Unless it gas a lot of miles on it!

I think I said that...

Build thread