Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #57
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Only when the payments come in, then I get in, turn the key, and forget all about it!
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:12 AM   #58
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
Because this forum should be a place to share information regarding these cars both good and bad. I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned. But, GM is taking care of me so I can't complain.

If it wasn't for the convertible forum section, I'd probably still be fighting with GM and my dealership to get all of the problems corrected on this one rather than waiting for my new 13 to arrive.

These are nice cars, and there really isn't anything like them out there. And most of the owners are still happy owners, but it doesn't hurt to express the negatives as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj10 View Post
"I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned." Thats a pretty bold statement. I really dont believe that unless of course you have only owned high end luxury cars. I have owned 3 Chrysler cars and all of them were 10 times worse in the quality department then my Camaro. Just sayin
Clearly you don't know the history with his car.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #59
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroXI View Post
i regret getting the v6....
Why?
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #60
Sipher

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro LLT/RS 45th Edt
There are clearly things that Chevy has to get right on all models of the 5th Gen. With that I would agree that there are going to be a few negatives and some regrets!!
Sipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:32 AM   #61
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj10 View Post
"I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned." Thats a pretty bold statement. I really dont believe that unless of course you have only owned high end luxury cars. I have owned 3 Chrysler cars and all of them were 10 times worse in the quality department then my Camaro. Just sayin
The quality in my Camaro has made it the second biggest POS I've ever owned. It isn't the first because it's not falling apart in the driveway YET like my 2004 GTO did.

These cars have problems. All cars have problems. It's really not that big of a deal unless you just refuse to admit that.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #62
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Only owned mine since November but I haven't had one problem with my 2012 1LS.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #63
JN3WMN

Drives: 2010 2LT RS IBM
I regret nothing. I knew exactly what I wanted & I got it. I bought this car because I love the way it looks, that was the selling point for me. I don't care about racing or quarter mile times. I got this car as a daily driver with all the features that I needed. No regrets whatsoever.
JN3WMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #64
Tar Heel RS

Drives: 2010 SIM LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN3WMN View Post
I regret nothing. I knew exactly what I wanted & I got it. I bought this car because I love the way it looks, that was the selling point for me. I don't care about racing or quarter mile times. I got this car as a daily driver with all the features that I needed. No regrets whatsoever.
AMEN ditto
Tar Heel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #65
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
do I regret buying the car.. HELL NO, do I wish I could have gotten something else, yes but who doesn't! If I coulda swung it I would have been in an Aventador or a 458 but I don't make that kinda money. However now that I have saved up a bit I am looking to get into a used GT-R but not because I regret the camaro, I just want something... Faster lol
Old 08-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #66
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
It's a double-edged sword, really.

There is always going to be something to come out that is the 'next big thing' and there is always going to be something that one-ups the car your driving.

When I got my 2010 Camaro, there was nothing else out there that topped it in my opinion....

.... Now we have a ZL1... crap

.... Now C6 Z06s (slightly used) are pretty affordable... crap

You can keep playing that game until you're blue in the face. Could I have waited a few years and gotten a new ZL1 or a Z06? Of course! Would I have been bored off my ass waiting to get another sports car? yup.

You just have to shrug your shoulders and be happy with what you got. That, or you can leave your car bone-stock and just keep trading up every couple of years. I played that game too and dug myself into a trade-in value blackhole.

In the end, it all boils down to long term financial planning, and your car goals.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:40 AM   #67
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Not for a second.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #68
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Sounds like you may have bought the wrong car to start with......

Never once have I wanted a different car since I pulled my 2010 off the lot and brought it home. Wanted to make alot of changes to it to make it more MINE but never wanted another car.

The Vette is a great car, the Z06 is an amazing system. I think its bette ballanced for road racing then even the ZR1 but its alot of money for 500HP at the crank and they are alot tighter to add parts to.

Plus, in my opinion, they are pretty stiff riding. For a road race, fine, for every day driving, not so good.

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 AM   #69
doubleblack

Drives: All black
I dont know a lot about these new Camaros other than the fact I like every thing about mine , bought a used 11 last month and caint seem to find not one thing I dont like about my car . When I was a lot younger I bought a new 69 , myself and my friends really didnt know the great car we had back then , only that they were fast .
When I saw the pics of the 2010 Camaros I knew I would have to have one , do I regret buying it , no way I waiting many years for this car .
doubleblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #70
j_gira

Drives: Camaro
I regret not buying a SS. At the time I couldnt afford it and a month later got a pretty nice raise and now I can. I still can't see my self trading in my LT for a SS, it would have to be a different car. I would trade my car in for a Challenger SRT8, an early model C6 ZO6 or maybe even a BOSS 302, but waiting for the right deal to come along.
j_gira is offline   Reply With Quote